Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trelleh

EFL Officiating Abomination Journal 23/24

2 hours ago, Matt said:

30 seconds for a substitution, 8 substitutions, that alone is more than 3 minutes.

That's before we take into account the head injuries, the stoppages for fouls that led to 6 second half yellow cards (just a card happy ref - for both teams), any other stoppages and time wasting.

All of that said we'd not have scored today even if we'd been given the true amount though or even if it was 10+ minutes added.

There were 8 players substituted but not separately. I don’t believe they just allocate 30 seconds now, it’s meant to be the time actually taken.

The ref may have been shite but do you seriously think he should add 90 seconds when we subbed three at the same time?

3 hours ago, Drink Water said:

Did anyone notice how that player dived when Winks was so far from him and then Winks went to the player and told him off and called him a liar for falling for no reason. Then the ref gave a yellow to Winks because he called the other guy a cheat for falling for no reason...

I’m convinced he kicked out at winks too which is why he went mad

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Craig said:

I don't think so, I think they are just completely inept and up their own arses. Probably needed to be home by 7 or something. 

If it was that, then Vestergaard gets sent off for his lunge whilst they were arguably through on goal. 

...Faes had come around to covet so Vestergaard wasn't the last man!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Faes had come around to covet so Vestergaard wasn't the last man!!!

Faes is behind the Hull player until he’s taken out, it’s when he’s taken out that Faes is able to get ahead of him to make it look like he’s covering. 

It’s also a complete lunge. 

If the referee had wanted us to lose the game as some are claiming, then he could easily have sent Vestergaard off - but he didn’t. 

As it is, he was just completely incompetent like many of the EFL officials. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Craig said:

Faes is behind the Hull player until he’s taken out, it’s when he’s taken out that Faes is able to get ahead of him to make it look like he’s covering. 

It’s also a complete lunge. 

If the referee had wanted us to lose the game as some are claiming, then he could easily have sent Vestergaard off - but he didn’t. 

As it is, he was just completely incompetent like many of the EFL officials. 

Going by the VAR cock up against Fulham not just EFL problem this season

Also note that most seasons there’s talk of a new interpretation of a rule and/or a new approach from the officials, on a certain topic. Clubs and fans are advised about it and it’s the hot topic for the first few weeks of the season, until the officials subtly regress to the old status quo. 

more time added on was a thing, and I imagine we’ll see those numbers creeping down 

49 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

more time added on was a thing, and I imagine we’ll see those numbers creeping down 

Maybe that will happen in the EFL because unless your team is there nobody seems to care, I reckon they will keep it going in the premier league for a while longer 

1 hour ago, Danno said:

3 minutes added on and they have the cheek to cry about the abuse they get despite choosing this as their job 

Do your job correctly then. 

lets be right as well, theyve got alot more technology and training compared to say officials from 10 yrs ago too, 

so if they cant do their job correctly etc, they are inline to get abuse, cos how the hell he got 3 mins yesterday was a farce

officials need to be more accountable for decisions/performances, oh they arent doing a game this week after last weeks shitshow, need more than that imo

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

3 minutes added time was just to **** us over, I thought we'd be seeing 8 min+. As soon as the board went up for 3 minutes, the game was done.

Yes, the three minute board was a green light to Hull to carry on timewasting without punishment.

We may not have scored in a longer, fairer, added time period, but we'll never know. That, and the officials' overall performance leaves a sour taste.

• Like 2

The officiating yesterday was appalling. The 3 minutes additional was shambolic. He had booked players for timewasting and then were stoppages for injuries and there was the point where the Hull team were all having a drink and a team meeting that was at least a minute or 2  of time that should have been added just for that incident. 

• Like 1

It is not in the EFL’s interests and indeed would massively mock the league if we were to romp it this season. Especially with the mass changes we’ve had and overhaul in style. 

This won’t be the last time this season the officials make SEVERAL decisions in one game that have impacts on the result. 

There is no doubt, whatsoever, that the officials yesterday managed that game with a clear agenda. Anyone saying otherwise is either a Hull fan or needs to give their head a wobble.

While we didn’t deserve to win it through our inept finishing and ability to create CLEAR CUT chances, we certainly didn’t deserve to lose it.

Hull were awful and unbelievably dirty. 

It should be investigated but I don’t think the club will push for it, what would we gain? 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Also note that most seasons there’s talk of a new interpretation of a rule and/or a new approach from the officials, on a certain topic. Clubs and fans are advised about it and it’s the hot topic for the first few weeks of the season, until the officials subtly regress to the old status quo. 

Been saying this too, it happens every time, although I think 3 minutes would've been mental even before these rules. One of those decisions that was so bad it's impossible.

Corrupt or not we lost that game through inability to score the ref had very little if any impact on that. If he was corrupt, by us not scoring gave him the chance to be corrupt. 

16 minutes ago, davieG said:

Corrupt or not we lost that game through inability to score the ref had very little if any impact on that. If he was corrupt, by us not scoring gave him the chance to be corrupt. 

If we were weren't trying to score (see last season's Arsenal match) that point might have some mileage. If the ref doesn't allow the correct amount of time, and gets it significantly wrong as he did yesterday, then he absolutely does have an impact by limiting the time available to score. Hull are generally abysmal at playing out from the back, but he repeatedly allowed them all the time they wanted to get themselves organised and restrict our time with the ball.

It didnt lose us the game, but I cannot stand inconsistent officiating.

Supposedly these days were in the past, the time accumulated on the in stadium clock etc.  But it seems it hasnt.

I think the most likely explanation aside from human error is that the EFL have already succumbed to pressure from those who dont like the longer games so kind of by stealth are cutting back on extra time.