Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DZ-LCFC

Vestergaard to Anderlecht?

Bit torn now. As a PL club I wouldn't want him but he's looked fine at this level.

This is where the "windows" are stupid too, ours has just shut so we could have got a player in.

I don't really rate Souttar.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, teblin said:

Wilf can also fill in there at this level.

I hope we never, ever, ever see Wilf at centre back again. Go to a dark room and think about what you just said.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

I don't really rate Souttar.

I don't either. The games he started for us last year he really struggled towards then end and resorted to a lot of shirt pulling. Not convinced his fitness is up there.

• Like 2

If there is an opportunity to sell then we should,  Coady should be fit in the next couple of weeks and we can also bring Justin in to play as RCB and move Faes into the middle like we did at Tranmere. Plus we still have Nelson and we could reintegrate Souttar for cover until January or bring in a free agent as mentioned by @Ric Flair

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

We've got Justin, Faes, Doyle, Coady, Souttar and Nelson while Hamza and Ndidi have played Centre Half for Leicester in the past. 

The only sort-of replacement for Coady’s experience is glacial Jannick, and having only two recognised CBs would have been very risky and squandered some of  training already done.

Wonder if Anderlecht got an injury late on? Seems odd otherwise.

This is the one player I would actually drive to the airport. Put Doyle in the middle and JJ next to him, until Coady is back. That will also solve our issue of attackers targetting Doyle's lack of pace. This is one idea, then theres also the idea of Nelson, Souttar, etc. Lots of combinations and mix ups we can do until Coady has recovered.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I hope we never, ever, ever see Wilf at centre back again. Go to a dark room and think about what you just said.

I don't either. The games he started for us last year he really struggled towards then end and resorted to a lot of shirt pulling. Not convinced his fitness is up there.

Personally I think he’s more suited to CB than attacking midfielder 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, teblin said:

Personally I think he’s more suited to CB than attacking midfielder 

Wilf likes a penalty as much as a goal, so it’s a tough call. lol

2 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

People, can we please abandon this idea of moving Doyle. It is not going to happen UNLESS our full back inverts from left back and Justin playing right side of the back three. 

The whole purpose of Enzo bringing Doyle in was having a left footer on the left of his back three. Moving Doyle and playing Justin LCB does not achieve this - and Enzo won’t do it either or he’d have done it in the cup games.

Faes CB and Justin RCB then. Doyle is just getting exposed on the left a fair bit and teams will have seen what happened on Saturday now.