Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 4

On 06/03/2024 at 21:18, CosbehFox said:

A clock is right twice a day 

So, you're saying (or trying to -  the phrase is 'a stopped clock') that the only time the club do something well or sensible it is by sheer chance?

Yeah, that's obviously what is happening :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

So, you're saying (or trying to -  the phrase is 'a stopped clock') that the only time the club do something well or sensible it is by sheer chance?

Yeah, that's obviously what is happening :rolleyes:

It’s only taken you a week to click on. 

I was pointed out my argument that it was highly likely were going to be squeezed by FFP was correct - and therefore I was like a broken clock. Because your dismissive attitude towards my opinion made it worth highlighting. 

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

It’s only taken you a week to click on. 

I was pointed out my argument that it was highly likely were going to be squeezed by FFP was correct - and therefore I was like a broken clock. Because your dismissive attitude towards my opinion made it worth highlighting. 

Or perhaps i'm not sitting around glued to foxes talk waiting for people to make ambiguous replies to my comments :dunno:

EDIT: Also, my answer wasn't dismissive - i said i appreciated your deeper understanding but prefer to trust the club.  I think that's a calm and reasonable reaction.

Edited by Lillehamring

11 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

All seems a little Watford….

At least Watford Deeney's goal was a modern day classical moment, one of those 'how great was that' moment for football fans to watch bar us. That Leeds goal is barely a footnote outside Archie Gray's immediate family.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

You trust the club after Top said this back in the summer of 2022 and then pretty much every outlet is reporting that we have " likely " breached 2022/23 PSR (despite selling Fofana for £70m and Maddison for £40m) and 2023/24 too without significant sales in June. How?

Bear in mind you're talking to someone who was convinced that our relegation was part of a deliberate "tactical retreat" strategy by the board

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

That tweet of the programme posted earlier

We posted a massive loss in 2021/22 but the covid years of 2019/20 and 2020/21 there was an offsetting to essentially combine to allow for bigger losses.

However when Top wrote that statement or at least put his name to it the eventuality of 2022/23 finances should or would have been largely forecast already. 

The signings of Faes, Kristiansen, Souttar and Tete would have added around £10-11m to the accounts for 2022/23 but we are led to believe we sold Maddison before the cut off and we'd ha e banked the majority of that £40m as he'd have had minimal book value left having been here 5 years and we only owed Norwich a few million sell on fee.

We surely cannot have forecast finishing in the European places given our lack of transfer business and our horror start to the season, so although we perhaps were forecasting to be midtable and instead finished 18th, the reduction in prize money would have been around £10-15m but the significant reduction compared to 2021/22 which again would have been known was no European football TV and prize revenue. But they'd have forecast that when Top made this statement.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

We posted a massive loss in 2021/22 but the covid years of 2019/20 and 2020/21 there was an offsetting to essentially combine to allow for bigger losses.

However when Top wrote that statement or at least put his name to it the eventuality of 2022/23 finances should or would have been largely forecast already. 

The signings of Faes, Kristiansen, Souttar and Tete would have added around £10-11m to the accounts for 2022/23 but we are led to believe we sold Maddison before the cut off and we'd ha e banked the majority of that £40m as he'd have had minimal book value left having been here 5 years and we only owed Norwich a few million sell on fee.

We surely cannot have forecast finishing in the European places given our lack of transfer business and our horror start to the season, so although we perhaps were forecasting to be midtable and instead finished 18th, the reduction in prize money would have been around £10-15m but the significant reduction compared to 2021/22 which again would have been known was no European football TV and prize revenue. But they'd have forecast that when Top made this statement.

And that’s why you earn the big bucks. :thumbup:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

lol

And they were miffed when Enzo said it was a huge, huge game...for them! He was spot on. That is embarrassing to say the least. It doesn't even guarantee them of anything either. 

All you can do is Lols

Edited by fox_favourite

40 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

They didn't allow bigger loses, it was averaged out, to flatten the impact of COVID.

So the loses of 19/20, 20/21 were add together then divide by to 2. 

So you had a four year period, still split up into 3 periods against the 105m limit.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

You trust the club after Top said this back in the summer of 2022 and then pretty much every outlet is reporting that we have " likely " breached 2022/23 PSR (despite selling Fofana for £70m and Maddison for £40m) and 2023/24 too without significant sales in June. How?

The behaviour of the club financially since summer 2022 is that of an organisation that understands it is on the borderline (as most clubs probably are these days) and that took a drastic step (zero spending pre-fofana) to ensure that the situation wasn't, at the very least worsened;  we have seen them spend last summer but then effectively freeze spending in january.  These are the patterns of an organization that knows when it can and cannot spend, that hasn't just carried on spending like forest and everton did.

Only the club know what our financial position truly is.  If we have gone over the limit by spending in 2023, why did we freeze spending in 22 when the temptation and reward for doing so was much greater - if they were so dismissive of the impact of going over why didn't they just keep on spending?

So, yes, i believe they know what they are doing.

2 hours ago, Guest said:

Bear in mind you're talking to someone who was convinced that our relegation was part of a deliberate "tactical retreat" strategy by the board

Not quite what i said, but i'm glad you're (trying to) memorising my input - whoever you are....

Notwithstanding - can you honestly deny that relegation has allowed us to take massive steps towards a rebuild that would have been prohibitively expensive in the PL.

If you think we're føkked financially now, imagine the implications of having to make as many squad/personnel changes as we had to do to PL standards.