Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 4

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

There is more pressure being first, chasing is probably better for us 

The pressure doesn’t change really. We’re now in a dog fight and it’s survival mentality, grinding out each game as they come. 

We have the ability.

It’s whether we have the cajones and mentality to get us over the line! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This has to be the dumbest thing i've read - the idea that we'd 'swap' KDH - surely the only reason why we'd let him go is to boost our income, a swap deal wouldn't make any difference to the PSR, would it?

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/an-unbelievable-talent-carlton-palmer-makes-eddie-nketiah/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lillehamring said:

This has to be the dumbest thing i've read - the idea that we'd 'swap' KDH - surely the only reason why we'd let him go is to boost our income, a swap deal wouldn't make any difference to the PSR, would it?

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/an-unbelievable-talent-carlton-palmer-makes-eddie-nketiah/

Source: Football League World. lol 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

Had carlton palmer at my local club as manager....he was a complete tool then as well.

25 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Gary Lineker is set to be dragged into the employment tribunal of a BBC journalist who was sacked for misuse of social media.

In October 2021, Agenda noted that popular Leicester City reporter Ian Stringer had not been heard on the airwaves for several weeks.

It can now be revealed Radio Leicester bosses had launched an investigation into Stringer.

Stringer, who ran a series of marathons for charity, was accused of accepting items including running shoes, sunglasses and a watch and tweeting his thanks to the companies involved, in what officials say was a breach of policy. 

Former Foxes striker Lineker is understood to have voiced concerns to director general Tim Davie, who commented that the sacking seemed harsh. Proceedings are due to start next Monday.

Stringer is claiming unfair dismissal and is also alleging that the BBC failed to protect a whistleblower.

Oooh. Juicy 

32 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Gary Lineker is set to be dragged into the employment tribunal of a BBC journalist who was sacked for misuse of social media.

In October 2021, Agenda noted that popular Leicester City reporter Ian Stringer had not been heard on the airwaves for several weeks.

It can now be revealed Radio Leicester bosses had launched an investigation into Stringer.

Stringer, who ran a series of marathons for charity, was accused of accepting items including running shoes, sunglasses and a watch and tweeting his thanks to the companies involved, in what officials say was a breach of policy. 

Former Foxes striker Lineker is understood to have voiced concerns to director general Tim Davie, who commented that the sacking seemed harsh. Proceedings are due to start next Monday.

Stringer is claiming unfair dismissal and is also alleging that the BBC failed to protect a whistleblower.

This is way less juicy than some of the rumours being spread at the time. It almost makes me feel bad for him. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Lionator said:

This is way less juicy than some of the rumours being spread at the time. It almost makes me feel bad for him. 

I don’t. Absolute Helmet 

Edited by mod hero
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

what a peanut. 

risking your well paid job for some free kicks and sunnies. dope of a man. 

Surely they’d have a policy for declaring items as well? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

So he's a Grass as well as a **** then? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Hope Stringer sues the hell out of them...quite obviously linked to his charity work.

he wont be win, the BBC are so strict when it comes to anything like that. They have to be as in theory it is paid for by the tax payer. 

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

I agree. If say Nike learned of his runs for charity and chose to support him by sending him a pair of trainers to run in where's the harm? 

see above, its because of how the BBC is funded, you cant do anything like that and they are so strict with it. You sign all types of disclaimers when you work for them. 

You cant even accept a coffee off anyone. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

see above, its because of how the BBC is funded, you cant do anything like that and they are so strict with it. You sign all types of disclaimers when you work for them. 

👍🏻 didn't realise that. 

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

I think using Gary as an example though will show that he wasn't sacked for breaching impartiality/political guidelines in his tweets. So it'll be a case of one rule for one... in this case they've not been consistent on their strict regs have they?

Just now, AjcW said:

I think using Gary as an example though will show that he wasn't sacked for breaching impartiality/political guidelines in his tweets. So it'll be a case of one rule for one... in this case they've not been consistent on their strict regs have they?

As far as i am aware Lineker is freelance and Stringer wasn't. Imagine there is a lot of differences in the two contracts. 

No idea what the whistleblowing is in relation to so might have a case there i guess. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Lineker uses Twitter to voice his opinions and is a freelancer. 

From the sounds of it, Stringer was a BBC employee and used Twitter to thank companies who had supplied freebies therefore from the BBC's perspective, using his platform to promote them in return for a "gift." This would be in breach of their anti-bribery policy and code of conduct, I imagine. 

As someone who works in broadcasting, this stuff is regularly drilled into employees and he should've known better. However I don't think it's a sackable offence in itself. Might have had previous and it was the proverbial last straw. 

Doesn't stop me feeling a bit bad for the guy though. It's way more innocuous than the stuff that was rumoured on here.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 4

43 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

you'd think. mine has one for anything over a ton.

Mine has one for everything over £50! It wouldn’t be too bad, however have you ever tried to purchase a beer and meal in London? 

28 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

It’s like working for a local authority basically. 

• Like 1