Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 4

Just now, mod hero said:

I ****ing hate that ****.

Β 

turns out we never lost again that season πŸ‘πŸ»πŸΊπŸ’™

Can't stand him.

Β 

I think as usual he was trying to give us some memorable, end of season highlight-reel commentary. But he comes over as incredibly condescending. "You could weep for Leicester" lmaoΒ 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bovril said:

Can't stand him.

Β 

I think as usual he was trying to give us some memorable, end of season highlight-reel commentary. But he comes over as incredibly condescending. "You could weep for Leicester" lmaoΒ 

Thank heavens wazza has retired from England. Drury used to shit his pants everytime he got near the goal.

Roooooooooney.Β 

1 hour ago, bovril said:

Can't stand him.

Β 

Drury is a horrible try hard. Give me a Barry Davies or even an early day Tyler anyday, let the football do the talking.Β 

I thought about Arsenal the other day in respect to their over the top celebrations after beating us. They’ve been criticised for celebrating their recent win against Liverpool as if they’ve won the league.

Β 

It will be a different eleven to the one that faced us, but clearly they’ve not learnt much as a club. Maybe it’s an Arsenal thing?Β 

I remember going for a really long walk after that game. I was having a hard time with some Arsenal fans that year anyway, and it just had to be them with a last minute winner. Felt like the dream had slipped away from us. In hindsight it made that accomplishment all the better.Β 
Β 

Cov the other week was up there in terms of the same emotions. I like to think in both seasons we did and ultimately will go on to not give a shit about either results. Cov will look all the more tinpot when we’re up and they’re not come the end of the season. Poundshop Grealish doing 5 rehearsed celebrations for 30 minutes after the final whistle…

Β 

Bless Arsenal and Cov. It must be really shit if you act the way they did when they beat us.Β 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AKCJ said:

"There's your fairytale" lolΒ What a tosser.

Being stateside we used to get him on a lot of games before he signed with Sky. I used to think he was a treat for big games. The Manolas β€œGreek God in Rome” line a particular example… but if you listen to him regularly you start to piece together the raging hard-on he gets over the β€˜size’ of football clubs. He’s obsessed with the top six and is almost offended by challengers.

Β 

Listen out for it now he’s on your channels a lot more.Β 

We beat Leeds at Leeds,next week…You bet our celebrations,

will surpass any past Arsenal,Spurs,even Leeds celebrations put together…

Β 

I have already pencilled it in …for a loss

Β 

Even though at present Enzo hasn’t yet got an answer

to that Leeds system of players who offer such an

intensive consistent high press..

Β 

:dunno:Β I really don’t care..

Β 

We have the buffer & we will return to winning ways.

Β 

We are the underdogs for Leeds & Bournemouth fixtures

let it so be….

Β 

BUT just imagine if we won both…!

Β 

• Like 2

On 13/02/2024 at 20:30, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Funny thing is that you will have loads of them reading this, agreeing with you, completely oblivious that they are in fact, at heart, and absolutely ignorant, unintelligent idiot!

Β 

(Ironically, my own post has got me wondering if I am one.)

Β 

lolΒ 

I am reminded of the saying about camping.Β  Half the fun of camping is watching the weird people.Β  If you cannot see the weird people then YOU ARE the weird people.

• Haha 1

The β€œthere’s your fairytale!” commentary by Drury was more about Welbeck coming back from injury in his first appearance to score a last-minute winner than it was any supposed judgement about Leicester and Arsenal’s relative stature and title-chasing merit

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Jack1993 said:

Can see Leeds reacting in a similar fashion if they beat us next week, genuinely

Look, I never want us to lose but if we do. Leeds fans will be convinced they are better than us even if we finish the season 10+ points ahead .Β 

This will so funny as they will constantly bang on about it for ages.🀣

13 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

All drury is, is 90 minutes of attempted soundbites for social media.Β 

It's what the majority of modern Comms have become. Soundbite hunters for ads and social media.Β 

Darren Fletcher is awful for it, Matterface as well.Β 

25 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Look, I never want us to lose but if we do. Leeds fans will be convinced they are better than us even if we finish the season 10+ points ahead .Β 

This will so funny as they will constantly bang on about it for ages.🀣

To take it back to the other posts from yesterday- bit like arsenal in 15/16 …..

• Like 1

I'll go against the grain and say I don't mind Drury so much in small amounts. Some of his comms are quite memorable to me in the 15/16 season.

Β 

"Mannone has come, Jamie Vardy, LEICESTER, it's got to happen, whose catching them now!?"

Β 

"Riyad Mahrez, teasing Azpilicueta and scoring gloriously! That is a gem, he is a gem! In this jewel of a Leicester season"

Β 

Soundbite-y? Yes, but it's the way modern media is consumed.