Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

5 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I’m sure Brighton will come sniffing around Maresca now. 

Not sure this is sarcasm. But there's the old 'two hopes' for Enzo getting this job. Bob and none. 

Brighton's research is impeccable. As evidenced by them getting wind of the KDH availability. 

Any research on Enzo will reveal a manager who lost a quarter of his games against absolute second rate garbage and whose own supporters were for large chunks of the season highly critical of despite a title win. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

He won’t be. They’re not going to go for someone whose had 1 good season as a manager. 

I would say at least 4 managers on that odds list aren't any better:

Farioli has had 1 decent season so far with Nice

Russell Martin hasn't really had 1 good season yet

Rosenior did decent this season (but probably still should've got playoffs with the money they were spending on players and the loans they had)

Kompany didn't do that well at Anderlecht, did well in the Championship with Burnley, but then was poor in the Prem

Are any of those I mentioned actually better options than Enzo when you look at their jobs so far?

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Not sure this is sarcasm. But there's the old 'two hopes' for Enzo getting this job. Bob and none. 

Brighton's research is impeccable. As evidenced by them getting wind of the KDH availability. 

Any research on Enzo will reveal a manager who lost a quarter of his games against absolute second rate garbage and whose own supporters were for large chunks of the season highly critical of despite a title win. 

"Brighton are delighted to announced Russell Martin as its new manager!"

Posted (edited)

Reckon Brighton will probably struggle a bit and be like Palace and Wolves by floating around 13th-16th.

Actually think the PL next season will be a bit weaker.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Reminds me when Arsenal came sniffing for Brendan.....he really wasn't interested in them but got a long term extension from Top 

And all under the same agent.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Rosenior did decent this season (but probably still should've got playoffs with the money they were spending on players and the loans they had)

Kompany didn't do that well at Anderlecht, did well in the Championship with Burnley, but then was poor in the Prem

Are any of those I mentioned actually better options than Enzo when you look at their jobs so far?

Wouldn’t count any of them. 
Can see them getting Potter. 

Or Fischer, Genesio, Van Nistelrooy, Kovac, and Gattuso. 

4 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Largely only our fans who are going to be overly bothered by this. It's how you deal with it and come out of the other side that matters, and even after a bad run (and a final game where we were on the beach) we still ended up 7 points clear of 3rd. Being successfully resolute rather than panicking will be seen as a positive train, especially for a club like Brighton who are data driven and focussed on their identity. 

Still expect him to stay though.

I expect him to stay because we're the best offer, all things considered, that he could currently get.

8 hours ago, moore_94 said:

The difference is that Russell Martin came through their academy and is from the area.

Rosenior played there too….the links between the two aren’t that wild when take those factors into account.

13 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Both parties benefited. :dunno:

Not equally. 

We took a massive chance on Enzo given his abject failure in his previous management. Careers have ended with better. 

To have his little trumpet giving out about how great he is constantly isn't good. Needs to wind his neck in. And Radio Leicester should be challenging this. 

Quite why they feel the need to get him on is weird. Which other managers have had as cheerleader that's held in such high esteem?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Not equally. 

We took a massive chance on Enzo given his abject failure in his previous management. Careers have ended with better. 

To have his little trumpet giving out about how great he is constantly isn't good. Needs to wind his neck in. And Radio Leicester should be challenging this. 

Quite why they feel the need to get him on is weird. Which other managers have had as cheerleader that's held in such high esteem?

We massively degraded our brand after last season, and I am not saying we should be thankful (we shouldn’t) and Enzo came from failure in his last opportunity in Italy, such that he went back to safety of Man City. But. We obviously saw something in him that the powers that be decided was an approach they wanted, so it’s fairly mutual in my opinion. Cannot see what he gets from coming to us unless we are collectively successful, it’s not like he would get kudos for failing to get us promoted.  

Wow, I thought the Brighton circle jerk had slowed after they turned in to an average prem team .

But I forgot it was the coach not trying. All hail Brighton the most amazingly ran club in the world. 😅

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Wow, I thought the Brighton circle jerk had slowed after they turned in to an average prem team .

But I forgot it was the coach not trying. All hail Brighton the most amazingly ran club in the world. 😅

I mean, they haven’t incurred FFP penalties and didn’t make a huge profit last season.

They have a model that has worked for them aka seen them way out perform against their stature.

But yeah, Brighton are a joke and will get relegated next season 👀

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

I mean, they haven’t incurred FFP penalties and didn’t make a huge profit last season.

They have a model that has worked for them aka seen them way out perform against their stature.

But yeah, Brighton are a joke and will get relegated next season 👀

When do they get their "didn't brake FFP" trophy ?

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, los dedos said:

When do they get their "didn't brake FFP" trophy ?

Ok, let’s just ignore the fact that how poorly we’ve been run means our short term future as a club has unnecessary limitations.

I’m hardly saying Brighton are the best club in the land but some of the disrespect on here towards them is on such an entitled level.

Clearly our recent history has been amazing and none of us could have ever dreamt of the success but ignoring another clubs business model that should see them perform consistently above their previous stature isn’t anything to mock IMO.

Edited by SafewayFox
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Brighton are known for their succession planning.

If Enzo is their man, it'll be because they think he's done an extraordinary job over the last 12 months and have been following his coaching career closely beforehand.

So, in all likelihood, they will have multiple other targets ahead of Maresca in their list of candidates. Going after Enzo so soon could go against their model, something they've been on record as saying they wouldn't break for anyone and that is probably one of the reasons why De Zerbi is as keen to leave as Brighton are to see the back of him.

That's what I think anyway.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Ok, let’s just ignore the fact that how poorly we’ve been run means our short term future as a club has unnecessary limitations.

I’m hardly saying Brighton are the best club in the land but some of the disrespect on here towards them is on such an entitled level.

Clearly our recent history has been amazing and none of us could have ever dreamt of the success but ignoring another clubs business model that should see them perform consistently above their previous stature isn’t anything to mock IMO.

Both things can be true I think, Brighton are well run of that there is little doubt, and our recent stewardship has been questionable, but would we swap the last eight years for a more beneficial last three? Of course not, and we are potentially seeing a more testing time arriving for Brighton, or it could all just be part of their tight planning. :dunno:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Also fair play Brighton for doing exactly what we should have done with Rodgers 

This is the beauty of Italian managers. They don't stick around, also helps if you haven't signed off on a £10m per annum salary that allegedly has to be paid off in full if they turn the pits.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, los dedos said:

They have had a horrendous record of injuries this season. And a few signings (Mahmoud Dahoud, for example) stepped outside their model and...didn't work. De Zerbi wanted more established players (mid-20s, proven) but Brighton as a club hierarchy didn't want to, which sadly does seem to have been proven correct.

They are a very well run club, so credit where it's due. They may well run out of steam like we did, but they're far better set up than we are behind the scenes.

Edited by CloudFox
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Both things can be true I think, Brighton are well run of that there is little doubt, and our recent stewardship has been questionable, but would we swap the last eight years for a more beneficial last three? Of course not, and we are potentially seeing a more testing time arriving for Brighton, or it could all just be part of their tight planning. :dunno:

People are too tribal here (where praise of another club is seen as a dig at their own club). its little to do what they achieved and more to do with they want to achieve. 

Their owners and backroom have spotted that progression is slowing and want to avoid going any further backwards. It’s them showing ambition rather than accepting the norm/mean. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

He's not even in the betting sites to become their next manager 

15 hours ago, Sankey93 said:

IMG_4349.png

Kind of humbling for him and his mates you'd hope. 

That aside you've gotta question why McKenna is on the list, as favourite and Maresca isn't. Is it because "lucky" or not McKenna plays a more open, exciting style and more than anything, adaptable? :dunno:

I like Maresca, I like he's bought some passion and pride back to the club, got a tight-nit team, he's bought some feel good back, I have reservations and question marks over playing styles and adaptability at a higher level but it remains to be seen either way. I do feel some of our fans and 'friends in the media' (We've been there before...) do blow alot of smoke up his backside though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

People are too tribal here (where praise of another club is seen as a dig at their own club). its little to do what they achieved and more to do with they want to achieve. 

Their owners and backroom have spotted that progression is slowing and want to avoid going any further backwards. It’s them showing ambition rather than accepting the norm/mean. 

That’s a little convenient as I don’t imagine a faultless separation is rarely without greater preference from one side and I just wonder if the opportunity for a so called super club has forced anyone’s hand. Of course it may that RdZ has grown weary/wants a new challenge and Brighton just feel his stewardship is stalling and it is as you suggest, an agreed parting of ways has been agreed. Fair play to Brighton for seeing the way it is going in this case.

An outbreak of tribal thinking can hardly be surprising on a football forum to be fair.  :D