Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Depends how they spend really, going to have a lot of money for the new manager to improve the squad with

Certainly going to be a lot more "comfortable" for a manager compared to us for a few seasons

Maybe that’s why de zerbi is leaving due to the players he wants and not being able to bring them in ? 

Just now, UniFox21 said:

The model they use basically has them stuck for now.

They'll sell Mitoma this summer, Ferguson and Joao Pedro can't seem to stay fit. They'll need another gem or two to continue holding their place or they'll gradually drop down.

PSR rules basically stop any teams ability to kick on from here. 

The problem is you start to buy the odd dud and people start charging you more.

It's incredibly hard to push on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

The problem is you start to buy the odd dud and people start charging you more.

It's incredibly hard to push on.

We're the perfect example of that really. 

The odd dud and trying to push on has the entire model crumbling if a few things don't fit perfectly 

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

Bit harsh on Owynn. Think he's done a good job under circumstances. Started off too much of a Stringer prototype but he comes across well and he asks a lot of good questions.

He didn't challenge a falsehood and let someone talk the club down. 

Guillem isn't a big name; he should be expecting to interview the manager and associated staff at the club. 

Fundamentally, he allowed a mouth piece for an agenda to use the radio. He should have challenged it. He didn't bother.

Young or not - he's not operating as a journalist should do.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Guillem isn't a big name; he should be expecting to interview the manager and associated staff at the club. 

Fundamentally, he allowed a mouth piece for an agenda to use the radio. He should have challenged it. He didn't bother.

Tell me the bit about talking the club down?

The time where they discuss the office roles at Leicester?

Have you not read that we’re in FFP trouble?

Do you not also want changes to the back room team that didn’t do enough to stop us from getting relegated? 

Correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t Balague say Leicester should be a PL club given the fan base, history and training ground? That doesn’t sound to me like talking the club down? 

Edited by lcfc_forever

3 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Tell me the bit about talking the club down?

The time where they discuss the office roles at Leicester?

Have you not read that we’re in FFP trouble?

Do you not also want changes to the back room team that didn’t do enough to stop us from getting relegated? 

Correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t Balague say Leicester should be a PL club given the fan base, history and training ground? That doesn’t sound to me like talking the club down? 

Well I suppose the very clear implications that without Enzo Leicester would be adrift and that we should be grateful. 

Let's not let that narrative get any traction. We did him a huge favor. Not the other way round.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

We're in agreement on what Guillem is and I think the general consensus from us all is we don't want to hear from him again. Hopefully that's been listened to. 

I think he is seen as a bigger name than they usually do get on local radio. Just about anyone who's had a 2 month loan spell with us in the last 30 years qualifies for co Comms. I think Matt Piper himself said when he listened to the first interview back he wasn't happy that he didn't challenge Guillem enough on what was being said. 

The best thing Enzo can do is ditch the link to Guillem professionally. It'll look beyond tedious next season when we aren't winning most weeks.

Posted (edited)

Can't see Brighton paying the compensation we'd demand.

They're also very proactive in terms of succession planning so will have identified targets, all of which will be cheaper options than Enzo.

Paul Barber said as much the other day, highlighting how they always have a list of staff and players lined up to backfill roles as it's part of their model.

Also mentioned how they won't deviate from the model for anyone which is probably why De Zerbi is on the way out, and why appointing Enzo wouldn't fit with their buy cheap, sell high methodology.

Not saying it definitely won't happen, after all you can never say never, but I think it's highly unlikely he ends up there. 

Edited by ian__marshall

Just now, Sankey93 said:

Kieran McKenna apparently they want but again after what he’s achieved why would he leave Ipswich to join Brighton!

Money and a ready made Premier League team

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Well I suppose the very clear implications that without Enzo Leicester would be adrift and that we should be grateful. 

Let's not let that narrative get any traction. We did him a huge favor. Not the other way round.

That’s not what I took from it at all. I think the points on them not challenging Guillem enough (they joke at the start about being scared of him), especially about that bad run, and not picking up on Burnley’s spending are fair.

But the general view I took is the players love working with Enzo, he has high standards, he felt let down by the comms over finances and wants changes in the office roles to help make sure we’re not a yo-yo club but an established PL club.  What’s wrong with that? 

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

Both parties benefited. :dunno:

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

I’m sure Brighton will come sniffing around Maresca now. 

He's still a bit of a risk tbh I think for Brighton? Having failed in his first managerial job he may look like having been successful with us but he did have a great hand of cards to play with and it was Championship standard football after all. 

Closer analysis reveals that he blew a huge points lead and prospective followers will want to know why? He's not going to be able to be so rigid in the Premiership with lesser players against better teams, a one trick pony approach just won't cut it! We'll see just how good he is next year!

28 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

He's still a bit of a risk tbh I think for Brighton? Having failed in his first managerial job he may look like having been successful with us but he did have a great hand of cards to play with and it was Championship standard football after all. 

Closer analysis reveals that he blew a huge points lead and prospective followers will want to know why? He's not going to be able to be so rigid in the Premiership with lesser players against better teams, a one trick pony approach just won't cut it! We'll see just how good he is next year!

Largely only our fans who are going to be overly bothered by this. It's how you deal with it and come out of the other side that matters, and even after a bad run (and a final game where we were on the beach) we still ended up 7 points clear of 3rd. Being successfully resolute rather than panicking will be seen as a positive train, especially for a club like Brighton who are data driven and focussed on their identity. 

Still expect him to stay though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Money and a ready made Premier League team

I get that and it wouldn’t shock me but after what he’s done for that club surely you’d want to be the man to have a crack at the big time?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sankey93 said:

I get that and it wouldn’t shock me but after what he’s done for that club surely you’d want to be the man to have a crack at the big time?

They wanted Kjetil Knutsen if I remember rightly before de zerbi