Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The structural changes seem to point largely towards the remit of Rudkin and fresh new blood in to that role. Is Top going to remove Rudkin or move him aside? Find it very hard to believe.

More chance of us finding £80m + to give Enzo on transfers this summer.

I don't get the impression Maresca is demanding the removal of Rudkin, but rather additional roles in support of the first team. I think Top will go as far as he can to accommodate him because Maresca was Top's choice and he will be very keen to keep him - especially as he has delivered exactly what was asked of him in his first season. I suspect anybody hoping for an announcement of Rudkin's departure will be disappointed, but I do believe we will see a number of additions to the managerial structure this summer to give Enzo the support he has asked for. Just my sense.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 2

As much as the majority of us want Rudkin gone, it will never happen.

The more logical approach however is a recognition that he wears too many hats in the KP group and needs support across all areas.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I don't get the impression Maresca is demanding the removal of Rudkin, but rather additional roles in support of the first team. I think Top will go as far as he can to accommodate him because Maresca was Top's choice and he will be very keen to keep him - especially as he has delivered exactly what was asked of him in his first season. I suspect anybody hoping for an announcement of Rudkin's departure will be disappointed, but I do believe we will see a number of additions to the managerial structure this summer to give Enzo the support he has asked for.

Also, although i dislike him, Guillame's point about Top asking Enzo to 'play like Man City' is interesting.  We know that Enzo said 'you can't', but i wonder if there is another conversation that comes out of the woodwork from this.

Putting the evil and illegal funding to one side, the football operations side of Man City is exceptional and Enzo has experienced that first hand. They maximise revenue opportunities, they monetise their academy, their recruitment isn't reactionary and has strategic planning (not just at the player level), they use data effectively etc to point out just a few. 

We shouldn't just replicate Man City, but part of me hopes that Enzo and the board can start thinking about what changes need to be put in place for us to maximise out opportunities better. Enzo always talks about us being an important club and talks about our trophies - he knows how this stuff works.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, Lionator said:

cough ENZO cough.

Needless to say the system has looked better once Enzo has given a bit more freedom to the likes of Abdul and KDH. 

Yeah yeah, but he's in league with the devil, and what does he know, anyway.

18 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If he went then I think we should look at a pragmatist like Carlos Corberan (if West Brom) don't come up. Done well at Huddersfield and West Brom with minimal funds and at times in turmoil.

He would be my first choice I think, has the passion that the fans would fall in love with and he appears quite a loyal manager. His teams play good football too, he just sets up defensively at times because he does not have the quality of player to dominate. West Brom cut through us recently and for me deserved all 3 points, not many teams have done that to us this year. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

If this quote from the Mercury is accurate I expect he will be here as long as with give money to spend.

“I don’t care about this (selling players for financial reasons). If we lose important players, it’s important that we bring in important players. It’s not a problem if we need to sell players to solve any problems. But it’s important that we can then bring players in.

Sounds like his well aware we may need to sell KDH.

I imagine we are scrambling around trying to sell the likes of Daka, Iversen, Soumare, Kristiansen, Thomas and maybe Justin before we cash in on KDH.

To be honest it is about time someone made Rudkin and Co feel the pressure to do their jobs to a good standard, so personally I hope this is the case, just shame it has took this financial situation for them to pull their finger out and maybe Rudkin has learnt the long term effect that ridiculous wages can cause.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The only thing they could do is create a " Sporting Director " role which is basically what any dynamic DOF would do and they sit under Rudkin but are responsible for doing the stuff that's required to get the playing side of the club ticking with the manager.

If that is enough to save face and get us back on track then do it already. The issue will be how compatible that role will be with Rudkin and the board.

Isn't the role of sporting director what Edu is doing at Arsenal? If so, I am all for it. Watching the Arsenal prime documentary a few years back, I remember thinking the relationship Edu and Arteta had and the way they strategized there recruitment was exactly what we needed. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Also, although i dislike him, Guillame's point about Top asking Enzo to 'play like Man City' is interesting.  We know that Enzo said 'you can't', but i wonder if there is another conversation that comes out of the woodwork from this.

Putting the evil and illegal funding to one side, the football operations side of Man City is exceptional and Enzo has experienced that first hand. They maximise revenue opportunities, they monetise their academy, their recruitment isn't reactionary and has strategic planning (not just at the player level), they use data effectively etc to point out just a few. 

We shouldn't just replicate Man City, but part of me hopes that Enzo and the board can start thinking about what changes need to be put in place for us to maximise out opportunities better. Enzo always talks about us being an important club and talks about our trophies - he knows how this stuff works.

For me Man City are one of if not the only club that have noticed a loophole in the FFP and PSR regulations. Academy signings do not count towards the regulations, therefore they are pumping money into academy recruits with the hope they turn good for the first team, if not, they are sold for pure profit and count as profit towards the FFP and PSR regulations which gives you more room to sign first team players. Many might disapprove of this as you are stockpiling young players, however, I think it is very smart business. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Curiously Albrighton disclosed that it was the players who'd become less brave on the ball in the final months of the season, not the instruction to do so. There was an intervention to try and get them to take more risks again.

You'd imagine that's a by product of being given too many instructions though - you overthink what you need to do, panic and then go into safety first mode.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, K789 said:

So Ajax wanted Potter, but he wasn't interested. Wonder if they pursue their interest in enzo now

Have a strong feeling that Potter will return to Brighton.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

For me Man City are one of if not the only club that have noticed a loophole in the FFP and PSR regulations. Academy signings do not count towards the regulations, therefore they are pumping money into academy recruits with the hope they turn good for the first team, if not, they are sold for pure profit and count as profit towards the FFP and PSR regulations which gives you more room to sign first team players. Many might disapprove of this as you are stockpiling young players, however, I think it is very smart business. 

They are also accused of breaking these rules in the 100+ charges that are being delayed in the courts 

“I don’t care about this (selling players for financial reasons). If we lose important players, it’s important that we bring in important players. It’s not a problem if we need to sell players to solve any problems. But it’s important that we can then bring players in.

“We need to be competitive. I don’t want to be, this time next year, where we were a year ago. This has to be the main focus.”

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

“We need to be competitive. I don’t want to be, this time next year, where we were a year ago. This has to be the main focus.”

I think all this has been overdramatised to be honest. He probably just wants to know why he wasn’t told about the FFP problems,  they’ll give him some bullshit reason, he’ll stay and it’ll all carry on as normal. 

• Like 4

On 09/05/2024 at 14:04, Ric Flair said:

Curiously Albrighton disclosed that it was the players who'd become less brave on the ball in the final months of the season, not the instruction to do so. There was an intervention to try and get them to take more risks again.

I bang on about this a lot, but people don't seem to understand the importance of confidence. Playing a high possession style of football requires a high level of confidence to be done well. Start worrying that you might misplace your pass and you probably will.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Enzo's PR guru is on manoeuvres again (latest WSY pod).......

:revenge:

1. Enzo has lots of big teams flirting with him. There is 'strong interest'.

2. He wants more / better / different people brought in to the 'offices' / behind the scenes to improve the foundations of the club - code for get rid / sideline Rudders (okay, I agree with this bit).

3. Kompany has told the Leicester coaching staff he regretted not making more changes / he shouldn't have sticked with the playing squad that won promotion.  Hint, Hint Board of Directors, Top.

4. Let's go elite and following Enzo's lead.  Does Enzo stay when fans don't full get what he trying to do, the Club maybe won't be competitive and will lose a number of games due to the higher standard.

It's going to be a long summer.......

Edited by JimmyC74

5 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Burnley didn’t stick with the players that got them promoted though, it’s a myth.

They spent £100m. Of the team that started their last match only 4 were there last season. Even the team they picked on the opening day had 5 new signings.

Yeah I seem to remember they spent a pile on that goalkeeper from Man City.

5 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

Enzo's PR guru is on manoeuvres again (latest WSY pod).......

:revenge:

1. Enzo has lots of big teams flirting with him. There is 'strong interest'.

2. He wants more / better / different people brought in to the 'offices' / behind the scenes to improve the foundations of the club - code for get rid / sideline Rudders (okay, I agree with this bit).

3. Kompany has told the Leicester coaching staff he regretted not making more changes / he shouldn't have sticked with the playing squad that won promotion.  Hint, Hint Board of Directors, Top.

4. Let's go elite and following Enzo's lead.  Does Enzo stay when fans don't full get what he trying to do, the Club maybe won't be competitive and will lose a number of games due to the higher standard.

It's going to be a long summer.......

The Burnley comments he keeps waffling on about is ridiculous. They spent over £100m and turned their back on some of their reliable players that got them up.

If Balague is peddling the mantra that a whole new squad is needed then that's £150-200m minimum not to mention the potential issues offloading players as well which effects PSR.

The only two clubs who gave tried to do this in recent years are Forest and Villa and one has breached PSR after a clear and the other it's beggars belief that they haven't. 

• Like 3