Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season in the PL

11 minutes ago, Langston said:

Jacob Greaves will play for England in the next two/three years - if we don’t get him now on the way up then we probably never will. 

Yep, he looks very good. 

The only thing I’d say is, if we signed him, I’d want an experience head next to him. 

3 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

The closer we get to playing in the Premier League the less confident I am that Vestegaard and Faes can maintain their form from this season. For me a priority would be some new centre backs then the midfield.

We had the best defensive stats this season. With wilf gone we have about 3 midfielders. Midfield and lack of rotation was our biggest issue in the last 3 months. Even worse when KDH goes.

I do think Jannik goes but we should keep faes, Coady and blood in Nelson and recruit one more. 

Barkley would be a fantastic signing. He doesn't fit the young player high resale model but he's got the ability for our system, and PL experience. I'd be more than happy to take him for a season or two. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

We had the best defensive stats this season. With wilf gone we have about 3 midfielders. Midfield and lack of rotation was our biggest issue in the last 3 months. Even worse when KDH goes.

I do think Jannik goes but we should keep faes, Coady and blood in Nelson and recruit one more. 

Championship stats dont matter, Burnley conceded 35 last season and 74 this season. If I could choose one of the two to keep between Vestergaard and Faes it would be Vestergaard honestly. Faes just is too unpredictable to build a solid PL defence around.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

The closer we get to playing in the Premier League the less confident I am that Vestegaard and Faes can maintain their form from this season. For me a priority would be some new centre backs then the midfield.

We don't have any central midfielders left. Think we'll need 3-4 new CM's, 2 new CBs and 2 wingers and 2 strikers

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Championship stats dont matter, Burnley conceded 35 last season and 74 this season. If I could choose one of the two to keep between Vestergaard and Faes it would be Vestergaard honestly. Faes just is too unpredictable to build a solid PL defence around.

Got to use the stats as a benchmark. With Coady and Nelson coming through I think we only need 1 more cb. 

We barely have any midfielders. It has to be the priority. 

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We don't have any central midfielders left. Think we'll need 3-4 new CM's, 2 new CBs and 2 wingers and 2 strikers

With Enzo’s power being at its peak do you think he pushes for 4-5 priority targets (not necessarily big fee + big wage) or numbers?

I don’t think we will go big on spending so he goes for the former and hopes likes of Hamza / Cannon / Daka contribute when called upon.

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I totally agree with this and let’s hope the club and get it done! Some hidden gems surely are going to turn up.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mark said:

100% avoid Barkley

Why? He looks back to his best. Got his head down and took a pay cut at one of the poorest sides in the prem and proved hes still got it.

55 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Why? He looks back to his best. Got his head down and took a pay cut at one of the poorest sides in the prem and proved hes still got it.

He's found his level, small club no pressure. Mentally I don't think he's ever had it to cope with the levels required at bigger clubs.

1 hour ago, JimmyC74 said:

With Enzo’s power being at its peak do you think he pushes for 4-5 priority targets (not necessarily big fee + big wage) or numbers?

I don’t think we will go big on spending so he goes for the former and hopes likes of Hamza / Cannon / Daka contribute when called upon.

Good question. If he goes for quality over quantity then he needs to relax his fixation of not rotating because he hasn't got the same level of quality in every position on the bench. 

1 hour ago, les-tah said:

Maybe to get a decent contract elsewhere- and then drop off it again ????

My list of potential targets would include -- 

Defenders 

Trai Hune

Harrison Burrows

Jacob Greaves

Nathan Zeze 

Ronnie Edward’s

Midfielders

Jobe Bellingham

Haydem Hackney

Stefano Sensi

Callum O’Hare

Jordan James

Ben Sheaf

Gus Hamer

Matt O’Reilly

Janes McAtee

Attackers

Jadon Phillogene 

Mikey Johnston 

Omari Hutchison

Amad Diallo

Tom Fellows

Micah Hamilton 

Liam Delap 

Ben Brereton - Diaz

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Got to use the stats as a benchmark. With Coady and Nelson coming through I think we only need 1 more cb. 

We barely have any midfielders. It has to be the priority. 

As much as I like Coady and he seems like a good guy, can we really rely on him next season if he was deemed not good enough for the championship? Let’s be honest, in this system Vestergaard is better than him but there are obvious questions around him. I think it’s worth trying to keep him and betting two mobile centre backs to play either side of him.  

5 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Yep, he looks very good. 

The only thing I’d say is, if we signed him, I’d want an experience head next to him. 

Not like we have one sitting on our bench 😒