Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window 2024

On 03/10/2023 at 10:29, glenny_fox said:

I think it'll mainly be a selling window. getting some of the high earning deadwood off the wage bill (if clubs will take them), which would likely happen towards the end of the window. so I wouldn't be surprised if we had a very quiet window up until the last few days.

The only position I can see us buying, bizarrely enough, is a left footer to cover Doyle. but by that time, Justin may have excelled.

This is the thing isn't it, Doyle gives us more cb'ness in the 3 than JJ but, our JJ is quite probably going to become the 2nd best right back/left back /general defender in the country. 

1 hour ago, les-tah said:

Genuinely wonder if we will be so far ahead in January we might attempt to get some of our summer 2024 signings in early to bed them into enzos system ready for the prem.

well that would be stupid. scout them, contact them yes. sign them early? could be disastrous for the club. unless you don't mean about signing them in January? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, les-tah said:

Genuinely wonder if we will be so far ahead in January we might attempt to get some of our summer 2024 signings in early to bed them into enzos system ready for the prem.

sounds a bit care-free financially….

15 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

well that would be stupid. scout them, contact them yes. sign them early? could be disastrous for the club. unless you don't mean about signing them in January? 

7 hours ago, MPH said:

sounds a bit care-free financially….

🤣 i am not suggesting we are spending 30 million them days are long gone. More the loan with option to buy like what we keep doing.

1 hour ago, les-tah said:

🤣 i am not suggesting we are spending 30 million them days are long gone. More the loan with option to buy like what we keep doing.

I take your point, but I think we've only room for one more loan players this season, so I'm not sure we can add that many more in January, unless they are prepared to not be part of the match day squad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, les-tah said:

.. we are going to be pushed to go to these figures, if we go back up!!!

If we see a player who we believe completes the jigsaw  we are going to have to pay the price as the cost and our needs become a bargaining chip for other clubs to use against us.

Guest Sideshow Faes
1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

We really need to be busting a gut for nacho to sign a new deal. He’s happy here, I really think it’s do-able

I'd only do this for a year or two though. Not sure he's good enough for us to try to compete in the prem, so don't want a five year contract handed out, and he might not want to sign a shorter contract. 

Guest Sideshow Faes
On 16/10/2023 at 09:09, les-tah said:

I don't think top will be happy to be an Everton and languish at the bottom end of the prem every season. I think we'll buy once we're up, to make sure we're safe first season, mid table second season, and then pushing on from there

11 hours ago, Sideshow Faes said:

I don't think top will be happy to be an Everton and languish at the bottom end of the prem every season. I think we'll buy once we're up, to make sure we're safe first season, mid table second season, and then pushing on from there

With all due respect, to you and Top, it seems he was okay with us languishing near the bottom of the table for the majority of last season? 

Guest Sideshow Faes
2 hours ago, TrentFox said:

With all due respect, to you and Top, it seems he was okay with us languishing near the bottom of the table for the majority of last season? 

We had a team that was good enough for Europe. He just trusted a manager that has taken us into Europe twice to get us out of trouble. That's fairly obvious to everybody.

On 03/10/2023 at 14:05, Nick said:

So if Dana is to leave anyway and Nacho away at AFCON will we go for another striker in the window or try and survive the games with Canon and Vardy? Hmm.

We need another striker for the premiership anyway tho, I can't bank on any of those 4 scoring 15 premiership goals in a season if we get promoted, if we have a 10 point cushion we may be able to get a PL quality striker if they think it's only for 3-4 months.

The big question remains, what do you do with the players that are expiring come June 2024?  

Marc Albrighton

Jannik Vestergaard

Dennis Praet

Jamie Vardy

Wilfred Ndidi

Kelechi Iheanacho

Luke Thomas

Wanya Marçal

Callum Doyle

Ceser Casadei

Yunus Akgun

Issahaku Fatawu

Alex Smithies

We could do with addressing some of those before January ideally. 

We’ll need to shift Iversen, Souttar, Daka and Ward I would imagine. 

44 minutes ago, Sly said:

The big question remains, what do you do with the players that are expiring come June 2024?  

Marc Albrighton

Jannik Vestergaard

Dennis Praet

Jamie Vardy

Wilfred Ndidi

Kelechi Iheanacho

Luke Thomas

Wanya Marçal

Callum Doyle

Ceser Casadei

Yunus Akgun

Issahaku Fatawu

Alex Smithies

We could do with addressing some of those before January ideally. 

We’ll need to shift Iversen, Souttar, Daka and Ward I would imagine. 

Marc Albrighton - let go

Jannik Vestergaard - probably let go

Dennis Praet -  let go

Jamie Vardy - 10 year deal

Wilfred Ndidi - renew

Kelechi Iheanacho - renew

Luke Thomas - has 1 year option, renew

Wanya Marçal - renew

Callum Doyle - re-sign on loan/permanent

Ceser Casadei - at the moment I wouldn't be interested in him getting him back next summer, but still over 30 games left to go

Yunus Akgun - I expect he will play enough to activate the obligation to buy

Issahaku Fatawu - same as Yunus

Alex Smithies - let go

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Marc Albrighton - let go

Jannik Vestergaard - probably let go

Dennis Praet -  let go

Jamie Vardy - 10 year deal

Wilfred Ndidi - renew

Kelechi Iheanacho - renew

Luke Thomas - has 1 year option, renew

Wanya Marçal - renew

Callum Doyle - re-sign on loan/permanent

Ceser Casadei - at the moment I wouldn't be interested in him getting him back next summer, but still over 30 games left to go

Yunus Akgun - I expect he will play enough to activate the obligation to buy

Issahaku Fatawu - same as Yunus

Alex Smithies - let go

I do wonder if we’ll offer Vardy just a one year extension. 

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

I think we probably will, even if he isn't playing that much next season I think Enzo will want to keep him around just because of his experience, leadership etc.

I would have no problem with it either

10 minutes ago, Sly said:

he looks very fit right now. would he be PL standard next season? Cannon will need some game time and if he looks PL standard, then that will make a difference. Enzo will know.

Edited by splinterdream

We need a backup custodian.  The Stolarczyk can go out on loan.   After we have moved on Iversen and Ward.

If we get promoted, we need a left back,  a Vestergaard replacement who won't get done for pace.  We can start to address this in January. We need to keep our current first team and some of our bench.   

If we keep everyone,  incliding loanees, we have 12 or more outfield players ready to be part of a premier league squad.