Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Tielemans

Maddison is on an upward trajectory whilst this guy is going downhill fast. Shame for Tielemans as he once was a key player in a successful City side. He's only 26 so he can still rescue his career. 

Maddison I wish all the best and am glad he's doing the business for spurs.  He gave everything for the cause, perhaps tried too hard in some games.  Tielemans though I'm not surprised he's not wanted by Villa.  The only different is Emery has seen through him pretty quick.  He's fat, lazy and thinks he's way better than he really is. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sampson said:

He’s 35 in football years though. He’s already played more games than most players in their entire careers. Reminds me of the likes of Owen and Rooney who played so much football so early that their legs had basically gone by 25.

Just checked and he's played over 500 games for club and country. Insane amount for an outfield player at just 26. 

Also Italian league plays the same kind of football everywhere else does these days. Feel like people are still stuck in the 00s. Every team tries to emulate Guardiola these days. He just doesn’t have the fitness levels you need for modern football in any top European league anymore.

27 minutes ago, nathan. said:

He wouldn’t get into our starting 11 at present.

Seems crazy to say it but I think you;re right.  he wouldn't unseat Harry Winks.

A couple of years ago it would have seemed unthinkable that he wouldn't walk into a Championship side.

38 minutes ago, Sampson said:

He’s 35 in football years though. He’s already played more games than most players in their entire careers. Reminds me of the likes of Owen and Rooney who played so much football so early that their legs had basically gone by 25.

Owen and Rooney hadn't gone by 25. Maybe a few years later but he did suffer with bad injuries.

Rooney had that amazing season in 11/12.  Got 17 goals in 13/14 too.

But those players were World Class, leagues ahead of Tielemens.