Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Tielemans

Sad to see really. I don't like to wish ill on many players. Youri isn't one of them. 

Shit how he left us, and how he approached the last 12 months of this time with us. But can't really ignore stuff that went on before. 

Sometimes I think what he'd have been like under Maresca. Like several other players, they just needed a fresh start and I suspect Maresca would have looked after him way more than Rodgers did in the final 12-18 months. 

Hope he can resurrect his career, but it does show remarkable similarities to what happened with Drinkwater. Fingers crossed he can arrest that slide because that clearly wasn't a healthy time. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, nathan. said:

He wouldn’t get into our starting 11 at present.

...expect a phone call from his agent to Rudkin, it wouldn't surprise me!!!

Failing that, a trip up north to be coddled by Rodgers, who totally overindulged him, I felt a new club would not tolerate his many shortcomings. I always believed he would stay as no one else would want him, it was clear to see how limited he was, Villa's scouting system dropped the ball this time.

I think it's a case of miles on the clock with Youri, nearly 200 appearances for Anderlecht before he was 20. I think he peaked with us and was on the tailspin last season, he may be 26 but he's probably about 30/31 in terms of miles on the clock.

Spooky:ph34r:

I was wondering earlier if he would stick it out or just hand in a transfer request.

Clearly no big teams were interested so had to join Villa, thinking he would be a guaranteed starter for them.

You're welcome back here tubby, we need back up for Winks:P

8 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I wonder why Emery signed him, doesn’t seem to fit the usual CM he goes for.

Clubs see it as an investment getting him on a free. Still get at least 20mil for him if he does depart. Money for old rope. 

From what I read youri isn’t having a great time down the road at villa, what do you think fellow fans , would you like him to return to the KP Stadium? 
Have to admit when he first arrived he was awesome however he did shut up shop & showed a little unprofessionalism when it was clear he wanted to leave. Was it to do with Rodgers or….?

• Haha 3

Nah!

To be honest I wouldn’t have any of the players back who moved on at the end of last season. We’ve moved on now and they don’t have a place in my subconscious. 

I like Youri and will always be grateful for the FA Cup goal, but he didn’t sign a contract for two years just so he could sign for Villa. He was at a top 5 club with us before he contributed to our decline.

He’s gone. We move on 

Edited by Jobyfox
  • Like 3

With a tinge of sadness, no.

He was a part of our high flying heights, and he was (and probably still is) capable of a long range worldie.

But he was a big part of our failure last season and it is already apparent this season that if you don't work hard to get into Enzo's team, and continue working hard once in there, you don't get selected.

Let it go.

• Like 1