Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

FA Cup 2023/24

12 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

It is such a stupid antiquated rule.

imagine if this was the final. He’s stuck in the changing room missing out on a chance of a lifetime. Sheez…

Doesn’t matter. Like a lot of things in modern life people fail to exert self control and others moan on how unfair. If the rule needs changing fine but in the meantime hard luck

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Aside from Cov, this is such a typical boring semi final 

How come the same clubs always reach the semis. At times i do think cup is rigged to suit to top clubs to get rigged. Someone did mention once they do have rehearsals for the draw.... why? 

52 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

How come the same clubs always reach the semis. At times i do think cup is rigged to suit to top clubs to get rigged. Someone did mention once they do have rehearsals for the draw.... why? 

They play the strongest sides as have better  squad depth ?

12 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

The best clubs have the best players? Man City reaching another semi final isn't unbelievable or "rigged", they are better than any other team in the competition.

Both Chelsea and Man City knocked out good sides, Villa and Tottenham respectively, to get this far. 

Coventry have probably had the most favourable run of the last 4 teams in the competition.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Semi finals should be elsewhere than Wembley takes shine off final

Man City v Chelsea @ Villa Park

Cov v Man Utd @ Principality Stadium 

I agree that semis shouldn't be at Wembley necessarily (though we'd all have been buzzing for it had we got there) but we are now seventeen years into them being at Wembley, and still another 13 to go from the original pledge of 30 years to help pay off the stadium. It's a bit "grumpy old man" of me but it's dead boring hearing it now.

Notwithstanding, your proposal above I'd argue is grossly unfair. If semi finals are going to be played at neutral venues they'd absolutely have to be in comparably sized stadia. The Millennium and Villa Park at more than 30k difference in capacity. Imagine if we won yesterday and were allocated 17k tickets for a semi at Villa Park, and the other teams in the other semi got 31k each? We'd be in absolute meltdown.

Edited by Footballwipe
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Excellent rating for ITV yesterday.

Something that will be probably missed when TNT take over their deal of the competition.

https://twitter.com/markpougatch/status/1769661336655405391

One thing that's a big shame with the Champions League as well. Would have been great to have had that Sevilla win in 16-17 on prime ITV viewing

Edited by HybridFox
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Bad news for Coventry .

He got booked for running on the pitch to celebrate I think.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/coventry-city-kasey-palmer-suspension-28841050.amp

As much as i hate Cov that is another stupid rule. He shouldve ran on the pitch at the re start got a 2nd yellow and be available for the semi final. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Langston said:

Klopp just seems like a very unpleasant guy to me.

It seems to be personal with him. Managers getting arsey is nothing new but he seems to focus on the interviewer as well as the questioning.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

I agree that semis shouldn't be at Wembley necessarily (though we'd all have been buzzing for it had we got there) but we are now seventeen years into them being at Wembley, and still another 13 to go from the original pledge of 30 years to help pay off the stadium. It's a bit "grumpy old man" of me but it's dead boring hearing it now.

Notwithstanding, your proposal above I'd argue is grossly unfair. If semi finals are going to be played at neutral venues they'd absolutely have to be in comparably sized stadia. The Millennium and Villa Park at more than 30k difference in capacity. Imagine if we won yesterday and were allocated 17k tickets for a semi at Villa Park, and the other teams in the other semi got 31k each? We'd be in absolute meltdown.

Two trips to wembley is expensive for supporters. London prices aint cheap especially for northern clubs. When the semis were old Trafford and villa park you never hear fans complain.

If leicester got to semis and we had to face man city at villa park. Say we we get 15k tickets still an amazing atmosphere plus short trip for leicester fans.

If it was old Trafford then again still great big stadium and big allocation and no so expensive in Manchester compared to london. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

Semi finals at wembley ruin the FA cup, it would be so much better anywhere else.

Can imagine Man Utd's, proposed, new stadium will be in demand for future semi-finals.

36 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Can imagine Man Utd's, proposed, new stadium will be in demand for future semi-finals.

Wembley will have something to say about that...IF the man utd stadium ever gets built.

• Like 1

Wembley and London just want to keep the money for themselves. So much for sharing around the country.

However the way money talks with emirates being the sponsors and the FA looking to cash in more, whose to say in years to come the FA Cup semi finals and final will played abroad! Imagine Fa Cup Final being played in Dubai!

14 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Two trips to wembley is expensive for supporters. London prices aint cheap especially for northern clubs. When the semis were old Trafford and villa park you never hear fans complain.

If leicester got to semis and we had to face man city at villa park. Say we we get 15k tickets still an amazing atmosphere plus short trip for leicester fans.

If it was old Trafford then again still great big stadium and big allocation and no so expensive in Manchester compared to london. 

Depends what club gets to the semi's. It might be less expensive, ands a short trip for us, but what about clubs such as Brighton and Southampton? London is easier for them.

If you're going to use Aston Villa and a Man City/Man Utd, then you need to use Spurs and Arsenal too.