Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

FA Cup 2023/24

56 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Cov were good but wolves totally folded, blew it really 

Not sure how you come to that conclusion, Wolves keeper kept them in the game and as much as it pains me to say it Coventry were the better team and thoroughly deserved the win.

Fantastic match to watch by the way, it had everything a cup match should have .

Obviously we have to do our bit first (Something that we've struggled with in recent weeks) but i'm really fearing if we get through and have to face Coventry.

That unfortunately tells us alot about where we are.

I'm sure I'm not the only one running scared of that scenario.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Matt said:

Obviously we have to do our bit first (Something that we've struggled with in recent weeks) but i'm really fearing if we get through and have to face Coventry.

Exactly.

People are being blase and showing off saying they want cov in the semis when deep down they know we would get battered like we did.

We could never come back and score 2 goals in the last 5 mins atm.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Matt said:

We beat them at our place and they beat us at theres, I'd rather play Cov than Newcastle, Man City / Utd or Liverpool for sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I doubt it's going to be an issue.

*I hope I'm wrong but...

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I kind of agree but I do think if we do end up going and winning at Chelsea we won't carry anything like the same fear.

I couldn't imagine us doing anything like that today though. Just look at our responses in similar situations for the most part. We barely even enter the box let alone score and it's been like this years.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I kind of agree but I do think if we do end up going and winning at Chelsea we won't carry anything like the same fear.

I couldn't imagine us doing anything like that today though. Just look at our responses in similar situations for the most part. We barely even enter the box let alone score and it's been like this years.

But why? 

You've said it far more eloquently and simplified than I ever have but i've been trying to say that, for years, ending up typing long posts, going off on one and tying myself in knots.

I made the point earlier, 7 years ago, something changed, a decision within the club to go in a different direction? (I'm musing) but 3 different managers, numerous different players and as you say it's been the same for years. 

Somewhat slightly better this season but albeit a level lower against different opposition and we are where we are.

I may have answered my own question, I may have not, but i'm puzzled.

Edited by Matt

Newcastle wont win a trophy in the next 10 years. All their fans thinking they were going to be the next Man City because theyve got a bit of money are talking shite. Just a nothing club being carried by Bruno who will probably be sold to a big club in the next few years

Edited by South Shire Fox

2 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Newcastle wont win a trophy in the next 10 years. All their fans thinking they were going to be the next Man City because theyve got a bit of money are talking shite. Just a nothing club being carried by Bruno who will probably be sold to a big club in the next few years

Like us they are restricted by FFP