Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

FA Cup 2023/24

8 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

He was shouting at Foden. Proper manager/coach like one I had in basketball back in the days. It doesn't matter if you had an incredible game, you make one mistake and you get a proper lecturing. 

I know, but point being they get away with it sadly. He and Arteta never get pulled up for it. 

Just now, StanSP said:

I know, but point being they get away with it sadly. He and Arteta never get pulled up for it. 

True but I don't mind it. He was furious at Foden not the officials or the opponents, he wasn't giving instructions directly, maybe indirectly by telling off this player. It might have been a bit embarrassing for Foden but he needs to learn. You're right though, there are many incidents all 3 of them (Pep, Arteta, Klopp) get away with it. 

Fed up of billionaire clubs with top level staff, the best training facilities, technology and support moaning about the demands of the modern game. Masses of top players and all they do is bitch and moan, they have no clue about what football is about across the pyramid and it infuriates me.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Fed up of billionaire clubs with top level staff, the best training facilities, technology and support moaning about the demands of the modern game. Masses of top players and all they do is bitch and moan, they have no clue about what football is about across the pyramid and it infuriates me.

Always complaining about English competitions when none of the managers moan about the greed that is more European games which is the whole reason for any overloads.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

They're literally far better off than anyone else to deal with this, largely thanks to being allowed to flout the rules. Pep should really STFU.

Edited by Tielemans63
  • Like 1

If pitch sizes were made 10 yards smaller each side, managers and players would adapt their tactics and methods to fit. Given the intensity of football these days, why do they refuse to simply tone it down a bit? If fatigue is that big an issue then over the course of the season it will play in to your favour. They always moan about it but never look for ways around it. But for the guy with the biggest squad in the country to be the biggest crybaby about this does take the biscuit. 

1 hour ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

LCFC!!

24 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Man Utd have maguire as the only fit cb for todays game. Can see cov nicking it today somehow but really hope utd hammer them 

nah, want cov to have something to play for (FA cup final starting positions) when they play ipswich, cause they're not making the playoffs really.

27 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

nah, want cov to have something to play for (FA cup final starting positions) when they play ipswich, cause they're not making the playoffs really.

If cov get to the final and know they won’t make the play offs they are more likely not to put a shift in to try avoid getting any injuries . We may not even need to worry about that game either  if we get a bit of luck on Monday with Leeds 

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

We want Cov nowhere near a major final and any chance of wining a major trophy 

Couldn’t give two shits how it affects us

7 minutes ago, MattFox said:

We want Cov nowhere near a major final and any chance of wining a major trophy 

Couldn’t give two shits how it affects us

They'll get absolutely dicked by Man City regardless. It'd be hilarious to see them cry at wembley again.

Unfortunately Cov will win today. I can't see how this lethargic Man Utd side will cope with the intensity Cov will bring in. Man Utd would have had serious problems against any Championship team in the top 8 positions on a KO FA Cup game. Hope I'm proven wrong but the signs are there for an upset today. 

1 minute ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Unfortunately Cov will win today. I can't see how this lethargic Man Utd side will cope with the intensity Cov will bring in. Man Utd would have had serious problems against any Championship team in the top 8 positions on a KO FA Cup game. Hope I'm proven wrong but the signs are there for an upset today. 

I think you’re greatly underestimating the levels of skill between even a mid table prem team and a mid table championship team. Intensity means sod all when the opposition can simply pass it around you. Cov will be over run in midfield and it’ll only need one or two moments of individual skill and that’ll be that.