Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

FA Cup 2023/24

21 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Two trips to wembley is expensive for supporters. London prices aint cheap especially for northern clubs. When the semis were old Trafford and villa park you never hear fans complain.

If leicester got to semis and we had to face man city at villa park. Say we we get 15k tickets still an amazing atmosphere plus short trip for leicester fans.

If it was old Trafford then again still great big stadium and big allocation and no so expensive in Manchester compared to london. 

I am interested as to why Wembley is more expensive in your opinion 

Edited by CosbehFox

21 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Two trips to wembley is expensive for supporters. London prices aint cheap especially for northern clubs. When the semis were old Trafford and villa park you never hear fans complain.

If leicester got to semis and we had to face man city at villa park. Say we we get 15k tickets still an amazing atmosphere plus short trip for leicester fans.

If it was old Trafford then again still great big stadium and big allocation and no so expensive in Manchester compared to london. 

Mate, come on. Why is Wembley more expensive than a trip to Manchester? Anyone with half a brain cell can find a decent pub outside of Zone 1 pre-match, and it's a 100 mile drive max. Two or three of the suitable alternative stadiums are in London as well!

I'm sorry to say but if there's one thing Wembley has done is set ticket expectations for the semi-finals.

Yes, the final allocations are pathetic, not gonna argue on that, but Coventry have been given 34,000 tickets for their semi. That means the standard is set, unfortunately. Rolling back to 15,000 allocations at Villa Park would be ridiculous, both for fans and financially for the FA. 19,000 fewer tickets in revenue is mind-boggling a bad decision. And to repeat, the meltdown on this forum (as other clubs) would be of epic proportions if after years of Wembley semi finals they said "yeah actually we're at Villa Park this year and your allocation is 15k tickets. Especially if the other semi was at a much larger stadium.

Tbh even taking them to Emirates or Spurs would mean you're looking at 25,000 tickets, so 9,000 Leicester fans would miss out compared to what we'd get now.

I get the arguments about Wembley semi finals taking the edge off the final but not having Villa Park as a better venue. The allocation wouldn't even cover our season ticket holders and we are nowhere near the biggest club around.

If football is about the fans then getting the most in is the priority. If Old Trafford matches Wembley's capacity in the future then play there.

43 minutes ago, Corky said:

I get the arguments about Wembley semi finals taking the edge off the final but not having Villa Park as a better venue. The allocation wouldn't even cover our season ticket holders and we are nowhere near the biggest club around.

If football is about the fans then getting the most in is the priority. If Old Trafford matches Wembley's capacity in the future then play there.

Maybe the new Wembley of the North ?

2 hours ago, Corky said:

edit.

Edited by purpleronnie

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

IMG_5531.jpeg

31 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Really? 

You don’t have to buy that muck. You can get a decent meal in London at good prices within 10 to 15 minutes of Wembley. Transport to London is cheaper because of more better availability. 

Every city hikes their hotel prices up for event days. The whole country is expensive 

13 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

You don’t have to buy that muck. You can get a decent meal in London at good prices within 10 to 15 minutes of Wembley. Transport to London is cheaper because of more better availability. 

Every city hikes their hotel prices up for event days. The whole country is expensive 

But honestly, my post may have been flippant, but claiming London isn’t ridiculous compared to other cities? Really? 😂

1 minute ago, Daggers said:

But honestly, my post may have been flippant, but claiming London isn’t ridiculous compared to other cities? Really? 😂

Not really. The UK is a rip off full stop. Cheltenham was £7.50 a pint last week. Food in the same region of the photo you shown. 

There’s plenty of good value places in London. Particularly food - if you willing to avoid chains. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Not really. The UK is a rip off full stop. Cheltenham was £7.50 a pint last week. Food in the same region of the photo you shown. 

There’s plenty of good value places in London. Particularly food - if you willing to avoid chains. 

I give you an 8.5/10 for trolling. Good work. 

There are plenty of Indian restaurants and food takeaway places along the main strip just next to Wembley. I'd be going to one of those rather than one of the overpriced vans around the stadium or along Wembley Way. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

All grounds are a rip off regardless of location. All I ever get at away grounds is usually a soft drink and even then they are hiked up compared to outside the ground. 

People are going to Chiquitos in Leicester Square and moaning about London Prices™

It's more expensive than other cities in the UK but you really don't have to take a Wonga loan out if you fancy a drink providing you do your research. The rest of the country has arguably caught it up, too. Manchester isn't exactly cheap now. 

• Like 2

From excitement point of view does it take the shine off, I mean whole point of a club side getting to Wembley is that if they win, they'll be going home with a trophy. Whilst a semi final your just celebrating getting to the final. The semi final could be held anyway, it could be held at one stadium over one weekend where ever. I mean Principaility Stadium Cardiff, did a great job hosting the finals between 2001-2006. Semi finals there would be awesome experience. 

• 4 weeks later...

Shit for lower league clubs. 

Find it quite telling that 'changes come as part of a new 6-year agreement between FA and Premier League'. 

No doubt managers like Klopp, Pep, Arteta had a big say in persuading PL to voice for these changes... 

Posted (edited)

I think if they're going to lose replays, they should incorporate  automatically having the lower league club play at home home (if 2 or more divisions below the opponent). So if a non-league side makes it to the 2nd or 3rd round, they're not facing a bigger club away, and can play them at home. 

Or League Two would by default play the tie at home if initially drawn as the away club against Championship/PL side. 

Edited by StanSP

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I think if they're going to lose replays, they should incorporate  automatically having the lower league club play at home home (if 2 or more divisions below the opponent). So if a non-league side makes it to the 2nd or 3rd round, they're not facing a bigger club away, and can play them at home. 

Or League Two would by default play the tie at home if initially drawn as the away club against Championship/PL side. 

If you're a non league/lower leagye side and draw Man U/Liverpool/Arsenal - you want to be playing away.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RonnieTodger said:

Utter shit. Compensating so that they have extra Champions League games. 

Will be the two-legged semis of the League Cup next to go.

Even in Round 1 and 2 though where such clubs don’t play .

• Like 1

Im not happy about this, once again catering to the big clubs demands. For lower league clubs, they will lose alot of money in this.

Imagine if your a non league club like Coalville you have held Chelsea to 0-0 at Stamford Bridge. You now get the chance to double your revenue in your own backyard with the tv cameras around. Plus chance of banana skin, playing in your ground.