Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Hamza Choudhury

On 04/11/2023 at 09:52, LVFox said:

His tackle gets the plaudits (it was a beauty), but he's really improved on the ball this year.

Hamza at RB with Ricardo playing as an 8 is a real option. Although I'd worry about the strain on Ricardo's body with that role.

Be a much nicer option when Doyle is back and just slot JJ across to the right and Ricardo up the pitch. I just don’t trust Hamza - he always has a mistake and a booking in him and as someone in this thread has alluded to us he’s always making last ditch tackles cause he’s always a couple of seconds behind play.  

• Like 1

On 04/11/2023 at 09:52, LVFox said:

His tackle gets the plaudits (it was a beauty), but he's really improved on the ball this year.

Hamza at RB with Ricardo playing as an 8 is a real option. Although I'd worry about the strain on Ricardo's body with that role.

I thought he should’ve made the foul further up the pitch and stopped the break but it was a brilliant challenge.

He’s definitely matured as a footballer. He’s competent on the ball and puts in a shift.

There was one moment, where a few years ago he’d have made a challenge that wasn’t necessary and probably been sent off. He’s taking that out of his game and fair play to him.

2 hours ago, Messi said:

Be a much nicer option when Doyle is back and just slot JJ across to the right and Ricardo up the pitch. I just don’t trust Hamza - he always has a mistake and a booking in him and as someone in this thread has alluded to us he’s always making last ditch tackles cause he’s always a couple of seconds behind play.  

I would say over the years,Hamza has shown even proved on numerous occasions,he alway has that tackle in him,more than a card,which please note,Cards are something ALL defenders get. 
What  a weird post to just put a dig in,on a decent player..

4 minutes ago, berniethebolt said:

The tackle was garbage, no need to fly in there. Overlap is miles away, Borough striker plays it slowly square, Faes easily jogs over to cover, nowhere near a 1v1, which was why the ref pulled it back. Just an over committed rash challenge which we see all to often from Hamza.  

Screenshot_20231111_170104_Samsung Internet.jpg

May as well pull up a still from last week's game, this is miles away from the player positions of when he actually made the tackle. 

26 minutes ago, Scotch said:

May as well pull up a still from last week's game, this is miles away from the player positions of when he actually made the tackle. 

My point was that in the first still Hamza is already overcommitted in relation to the danger, no way he's pulling out the challenge.

The point of contact is still 25 yards from goal the threat down the flanks 40 yards from goal. These are huge distances on a football pitch. 

I just don't undertsand why he flies in here, its a poor poor tackle. 

However, we have no choice but to move on.

Screenshot_20231111_172403_Samsung Internet.jpg

1 minute ago, berniethebolt said:

My point was that in the first still Hamza is already overcommitted in relation to the danger, no way he's pulling out the challenge.

The point of contact is still 25 yards from goal the threat down the flanks 40 yards from goal. These are huge distances on a football pitch. 

I don't think you can argue it was a poor tackle because I don't think he ever intended on getting the ball. You can argue it was a poor decision because I think when he committed, he committed to giving away the free kick and to be honest, in the heat of the moment, I can't blame him. 

5 minutes ago, berniethebolt said:

Interesting to see that still. The free kick was taken at least 3 yards ahead of where the foul was committed.

Nowhere near being Hamza's fault we lost today. It doesn't feel far off the Hull game. A wonderstrike this time when we should've really put them to bed before then. Poor finishing all around and Mavididi had an absolute stinker. I can't believe Van den Berg had the beating of him all second half.

I think the entire defense looked shaky and made poor tackles in dangerous areas. Hamza was unfortunate that his action resulted in a goal.

49 minutes ago, berniethebolt said:

The tackle was garbage, no need to fly in there. Overlap is miles away, Borough striker plays it slowly square, Faes easily jogs over to cover, nowhere near a 1v1, which was why the ref pulled it back. Just an over committed rash challenge which we see all to often from Hamza.  

Would have all been avoided but for Vestergaard’s needless backheel…:ill:

1 hour ago, berniethebolt said:

Your comment right here is my pet hate in football. You analyse a foul given away 30 yards from goal (which was a good decision by the way), because the guy has ended up hitting the best free kick he'll ever hit in his life and the best free kick goal you'll see all season. 

The goal doesn't go in and you don't even remember the foul. 

Just such lazy thinking to think 'what happened immediately before the goal? Oh yeah Choudhury fouled their player. What a liability.'

Engage brain man.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

anyone remember who gave the closer freekick that was missed? Not many probably.  The context is all in the  end result, can’t blame hamza who 9 times out of 10 gets away with that not resulting in a goal. 

Try 99 times out of a 100! Unbelievable hit.

• Like 1