Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Hamza Choudhury

15 hours ago, berniethebolt said:

My point was that in the first still Hamza is already overcommitted in relation to the danger, no way he's pulling out the challenge.

The point of contact is still 25 yards from goal the threat down the flanks 40 yards from goal. These are huge distances on a football pitch. 

I just don't undertsand why he flies in here, its a poor poor tackle. 

However, we have no choice but to move on.

Screenshot_20231111_172403_Samsung Internet.jpg

...I  would like to see him stay on his feet more, stop going to ground!!!

Any slight touch to win the ball by Hamza pushes the ball into the oncoming Middlesbrough player's path and Hamza would be out of the picture as he would still have been on the ground.

Both Hamza and Faes seem to have this rush of blood to the head and makes rash decisions from nowhere. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Watching the highlights back from yesterday, might be a little harsh but I thought he was at fault for 2 of Plymouth's first-half clear cut chances yesterday. He was sat in central defence with no-one behind him and just let the striker run off him for a clear run through on goal which really should've been scored. And the Callum Wright chance, he seemed to be positioned correctly initially, but with his movement somehow contrived to open up way more space for Wright, leading to the clear cut chance.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CheeseHead said:

Watching the highlights back from yesterday, might be a little harsh but I thought he was at fault for 2 of Plymouth's first-half clear cut chances yesterday. He was sat in central defence with no-one behind him and just let the striker run off him for a clear run through on goal which really should've been scored. And the Callum Wright chance, he seemed to be positioned correctly initially, but with his movement somehow contrived to open up way more space for Wright, leading to the clear cut chance.

And one of his tackles leads directly to our 4th goal

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CheeseHead said:

You can tell he’s not a RB and positioning wise he struggled in the first half which led to a couple of their chances. Thought he was much better second half 

8 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

You can tell he’s not a RB and positioning wise he struggled in the first half which led to a couple of their chances. Thought he was much better second half 

He was much more aggressive second half in his defensive duties - being on the front foot is better for the way we want to play 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will1981 said:

Has improved immensely under Maresca and I feel we are a much better team when he starts, you can see how much Enzo trusts him as he is captain when Ricardo or Vardy are not available.

He reads the game so well and is by far the best tackler at the club and his passing has improved immeasurable this season.

However I feel a small group of are fans are desperate for him to fail because he made a bad tackle years ago for England U21s, or they have bought into Klopps BS when he made a standard tackle on Salah who then faked an injury but played 90 minutes 3 days later.

I hope the majority of our fans can recognise the improvements he has made to him game and see he is a very important player in the way we are playing this season.

It’s only the odd of odd poster ( your 3rd paragraph),but it sticks and becomes irritable,because by the same mean,these type of posters,don’t repeat  a players top moments, ONLY yak on about something…that from our side was and will stay positive…They allow opposition manager (klopp) to get & stay in their head..

pathetic  very weak posting..& then carry on with untruths..:angry:

Edited by fuchsntf

1 hour ago, Will1981 said:

Has improved immensely under Maresca and I feel we are a much better team when he starts, you can see how much Enzo trusts him as he is captain when Ricardo or Vardy are not available.

He reads the game so well and is by far the best tackler at the club and his passing has improved immeasurable this season.

However I feel a small group of are fans are desperate for him to fail because he made a bad tackle years ago for England U21s, or they have bought into Klopps BS when he made a standard tackle on Salah who then faked an injury but played 90 minutes 3 days later.

I hope the majority of our fans can recognise the improvements he has made to him game and see he is a very important player in the way we are playing this season.

I agree with you, but you've got to admit that if there was ever a tackle so bad as to be career defining. That would have been it. 

I’ve been Hamza’s biggest critic over the years but my last few posts on him (this season) have been extremely favorable.

People say about JJ’s pace (which he has lost a couple of yards since his injuries) BUT don’t credit how much Hamza adds to the back line with his…by far our most mobile defensive player.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sheffield_fox said:

I agree with you, but you've got to admit that if there was ever a tackle so bad as to be career defining. That would have been it. 

Wrong..if it’s klopp response your talking about..The U21,no worse than where many have been ignored..

12 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

I’ve been Hamza’s biggest critic over the years but my last few posts on him (this season) have been extremely favorable.

People say about JJ’s pace (which he has lost a couple of yards since his injuries) BUT don’t credit how much Hamza adds to the back line with his…by far our most mobile defensive player.

he must be the quickest player in our squad over a medium distance?? the ground he makes up when chasing back is astounding. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Again, as I said pre season when others weee advocating selling the lad, it would be madness. He’s a Leicester lad. He has been successful in the Championship and knows the ropes. Was an absolute no brained that he should stay. He has been great most games, not flawless, but an enormous asset. He seems to be improving in many areas under Enzo and is more than worth his place in this squad. 

Totally agree with this.

He's taken to this new role extremely well and is a very able backup to Ricardo.

I would still question his passing slightly even though he has improved a lot since Maresca has come in. If he can continue in that vein, he'll be a good squad player in the PL next season, which is far and away above what I expected from him a season or two back.

Fair play to him for getting stuck into the new role instead of just pushing for a move and actually improving as a footballer as a result.

• Thanks 1

Hamza is both unlucky and lucky to be behind (basically Joshua Kimmich) in the pecking order for RB /CM role. 

I like that Enzo has given him the understudy role as it's about decision making and that's flipping hard to learn so in terms of our youth players development, the shaping of Hamza, our future etc, it's a perfect situation. He'll be twice the player he was next season.

*Also I maybe wrong here but Hamza maybe the first British Asian to play for England u21s and us and in the Prem maybe?

Him and KDH gives us back a Leicestershire core that we're missing now Barnes and Thomas aren't with us.

• Like 1

Superb. Can't fault him and he's pretty much the perfect back up. 

Who'd have thought in the summer that he'd be captaining the team? The system is perfect for him and his emergence as a genuine option means we can rotate Winks and Ricardo effectively because we definitely lack depth in this position.

53 minutes ago, Heskey2011 said:

Hamza is both unlucky and lucky to be behind (basically Joshua Kimmich) in the pecking order for RB /CM role. 

I like that Enzo has given him the understudy role as it's about decision making and that's flipping hard to learn so in terms of our youth players development, the shaping of Hamza, our future etc, it's a perfect situation. He'll be twice the player he was next season.

*Also I maybe wrong here but Hamza maybe the first British Asian to play for England u21s and us and in the Prem maybe?

Him and KDH gives us back a Leicestershire core that we're missing now Barnes and Thomas aren't with us.

what am I missing on the Kimmich front??!

18 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Superb. Can't fault him and he's pretty much the perfect back up. 

Who'd have thought in the summer that he'd be captaining the team? The system is perfect for him and his emergence as a genuine option means we can rotate Winks and Ricardo effectively because we definitely lack depth in this position.

I still can’t believe he is captain!