Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jobyfox

Notts F & Everton admit to breaking rules and face points deduction

6 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Again to reiterate to Everton fans, if you think the league is so corrupt why are you still in it? Escape to the sanctity of the EFL and renounce your promotions should you ever get them. Stop holding your sad little cards and wearing your weird hoodies and do something. Resign from the Premier League.

The crying and wailing over this is absolutely unhinged. These rules are fine until they're applied to you then it's wrong and corrupt. Misrepresenting and misunderstanding the huge complexities of the Man City case, also, is really annoying.

I know you are being facetious, but its still a bit of a weird thing to say..

55 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

My modest proposal for a fairer financial system in top flight football - I call it the plastic twat tax. For every replica shirt sold worldwide for a big 6 team, 50% extra should be added on to the price and redistributed to all other clubs. This is to set a precedent that being a glory hunting little man utd nobber from London/Torquay/Wales/Rest of World is not acceptable, and incentivise parents to make sure their kids get into football properly instead of taking the easy childish option of supporting some horrible big 6 club as an alternative to having a personality of their own.

Every Tottenham fan who mentions championship ffp breaches online in reference to our title win will result in a 10 million pound anti stupidity tax payment being due from Spurs to support Championship clubs.

Every match that Sky Sports or Tnt sports televise featuring the big 6 should come with a proviso that the broadcaster must pay for free online streams to fans of away teams for all 3pm Saturday kick offs in the Prem and Football League, plus pay the standard broadcast fees that they would give the big 6 to all the other home teams. This will help to prevent any loss of revenue due to piracy that the broadcasters and Prem are very concerned about, and help focus their minds on the fact that they are clearly too stupid to realise they won't actually accept money from fans to watch the games legally, whilst making it clear to them there is a cost to be paid for their inflation of the number of glory hunting big 6 fans.

Finally, a luxury extra high vat rate should be chargeable on any toiletries or other products that advertise using big 6teams and players in every ad break during televised football - which should hopefully lead to an end to Nivea Liverpool ads or Mason mount sure deodorant commercials. Or that shit Klopp beer ad. The revenue from this should go into supporting grass roots football.

Or Copy the NFL you know the land of the free with every man for himself

The NFL league negotiates national merchandise, licensing, and TV contracts, which make up most of the national revenue. The 32 teams receive equal shares of this money, regardless of individual team performance. The teams generate local income through concession sales, ticket sales, and corporate sponsors.

https://easyreadernews.com/nfl-economics-how-do-nfl-teams-make-money/#:~:text=The league negotiates national merchandise,ticket sales%2C and corporate sponsors.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

PL can’t back down now. They’ve come too far. You can the effect their actions have had already. Every club is now doing their accounts on a regular basis to stay above board. Transfer window wasn’t a mad house as usual with cash being thrown around like silly money. This summer will be the true test.

my question is why would they wait until the end of the season to sanction Everton & Forest. It not only than affects the PL standings but also the leagues below in terms of who gets promoted & relegated.

they have to be fined this season and the points adjustment made quickly.

The independent regulator touted to being introduced to govern the league will mean they have to. 

They can't back down or that regulator will be in sooner rather than later

• Like 1

On 02/02/2024 at 20:02, urban.spaceman said:

Whoops. 

does make me wonder how many Everton fans have actually gone read deep into it and not what local journos etc have said on it

they was warned about it numerous times before, cant be calling them corrupt if the premier league(richard masters was quoted saying this) warned them and they kept doing it

The whole yellow card sign thing really irritates me !!!

They got caught cheating after being warned about it & now want to tell the world that they are hard done by.

The problem is and always was their ownership & management group.

12 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

This is what happens when any breach isnt punished quickly.  Everton should have been deducted last season, and Forest this season (if guilty).

Manchester City's breach I can see being a huge problem, those who missed out on the title, we missed out on the CL, and of course also concerns for clubs who lost players to them, again us with Mahrez.  Whilst we got the financial compensation, it still caused us issues with a unsettled player.

The whole thing becomes far less complicated if it was a proper simple wage cap, get rid of all the based on revenue nonsense.

Does the period that Man C are being charged for cover when we came 5th?

8 hours ago, MPH said:

I know people say we are a badly run club/ Rudkin is a tosser and its not abut FFP, ect... but i think the simple fact we haven't been forced to sell the likes of KDH/faes  and are able to bounce straight back up is a testament to the fact we are NOT a badly run club. Even if we did overstretch a bit..

You’ll have to wait and see on that one. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

You’ll have to wait and see on that one. 

I am of course talking about this window. Next season I’m sure we will have the prem money again and we won’t be forced to sell anyone. We might not be able to spend much lol but I don’t think we’ll be forced to sell at all.."

6 minutes ago, MPH said:

I am of course talking about this window. Next season I’m sure we will have the prem money again and we won’t be forced to sell anyone. We might not be able to spend much lol but I don’t think we’ll be forced to sell at all.."

If you mean this window as in the one just finished then clearly we would have liked to get some money in but weren’t able to do so.   

the summer window needs to be split June /july- august. Word is that we need to sell a player £20m+ that is either academy or in second contract ( all profit) by end June. 

so we may well be forced to seek irrespective of being a PL club again 

• Like 1

The FFP debacle that took a moment in time and froze it. So clubs who were declining were destined to permanent decline. Clubs that spent Billions to buy success, could continue to spend Billions. The English Football League will have an opportunity to address the entire FFP straightjacket when the entitled clubs go off to their little league of European entitled clubs. I suspect though that the English game would wield acquiesce and allow the entitled clubs to retain feeder B sides in the English and other respective European leagues under whatever rules happen to suit the entitled team owners at that moment in time.

36 minutes ago, MPH said:

We won’t know until December if they have played it right when accounts get submitted off to PL. I think we will have to sell someone by end of June. 

The knock down in allowable losses is hurting us and going to hurt for the next few seasons. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

Thats what I have been saying..After reading our FFP baggage and looking towards the future..Nexts season  we don’t have to sell any of our growing stars,but

We havent too much leaway towards player investment..

Enzo will have to consider with Glover/Rudkin who  > He is willing to sacrifice if required<.    
From this seasons loans:-   Fatawu,Doyle,Akgun  who & how many can he keep

From contracted squad:-   Coady,S’ttar, Praet, Chouds, T’mas, Nacho,Ward (45m)

I Would like to see All 3 loans be offered contracts,If Enzo still believes in Doyle.

I don’t know FFP consequences on these loans turning permanent ( age)

I would still like to see Souttar kept on,and be more involved..

We still need cover Praet/Choudhury can still be the utility players.

Thomas still young enough to be a Enzo project,if not he has to go.

Nacho…he didn’t grab his chance,prefer Academy players with Potential.

Coady, difficult call to see how Enzo sees it.

Though .If I could get in 2 quality midfield ,plus one young with potential player

for the price of all of the contracted players,  I would be quite happy..

7 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

We won’t know until December if they have played it right when accounts get submitted off to PL. I think we will have to sell someone by end of June. 

The knock down in allowable losses is hurting us and going to hurt for the next few seasons. 

What are you basing your assumptions on, have you done some FFP calculations, or are you going of a source?

Edited by coolhandfox

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

If you mean this window as in the one just finished then clearly we would have liked to get some money in but weren’t able to do so.   

the summer window needs to be split June /july- august. Word is that we need to sell a player £20m+ that is either academy or in second contract ( all profit) by end June. 

so we may well be forced to seek irrespective of being a PL club again 

well,  we would have LIKED to have gotten money in but we didn’t NEED to sell KDH. There is of course a difference..

47 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

i do believe that if there was a need to sell people , it would have been done in January when the prices are higher. More chance of time running out if you wait until June…   I think we will  have a massive reduction in wages come next season compared to when we were last in the prem  and we will also have prem money coming in too… we will do alright but I don’t think we will be challenging the top 5 next couple of years!

Edited by MPH

9 hours ago, davieG said:

Or Copy the NFL you know the land of the free with every man for himself

The NFL league negotiates national merchandise, licensing, and TV contracts, which make up most of the national revenue. The 32 teams receive equal shares of this money, regardless of individual team performance. The teams generate local income through concession sales, ticket sales, and corporate sponsors.

https://easyreadernews.com/nfl-economics-how-do-nfl-teams-make-money/#:~:text=The league negotiates national merchandise,ticket sales%2C and corporate sponsors.

American sport systems are very strange. The worse you play, the more of the hot young talent you get..

2 hours ago, MPH said:

American sport systems are very strange. The worse you play, the more of the hot young talent you get..

They want their society to be as competitive/(Darwinian-survival of the fittest) as possible regardless of balance, so they need a difference in their sports.

23 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

They want their society to be as competitive/(Darwinian-survival of the fittest) as possible regardless of balance, so they need a difference in their sports.

Without taking this thread too far off course, this is an exaggeration and kind of a tired stereotype of the country (that’s really a continent).

Standards will vary greatly by location but there are plenty of places in the United States with a stronger safety net than what’s offered in the UK, just as there are places in the States where people would be over the moon with £85 each week in JSA payments, for example, which would be paltry in comparison to unemployment and other welfare benefits in New York.

I did just get home from my weekly gunfight for a loaf of bread, though, so maybe I’m wrong. Survival of the fittest, as you say.  :P

• Haha 1

Manchester City are being investigated for financial irregularities between the 2009/10 to 2017/18 seasons.

It’s being reviewed by an independent review I believe.

They basically being investigated for now declaring full information on players wages, managers wages (operating costs), business deals and sponsorship. 

Then throw in not fully co-operating with their investigation, it gets a little messy, hence why it’s rumbled on for the best part of 5 years already.

If you look at possible punishments for them, it’ll be negligible to the overall financial impact they’ve had on other clubs. Stripping titles is pointless, as they’ll always state they won them anyway.

Relegate them and they’ll be straight back up, harming any chance of a Championship club coming up on merit. 

No club is realistically getting compensation for failing to meet Champions League places, or missing out on the title.  It’ll be some form of a fine, which will no doubt, line the pockets of the Premier League. 

The court date is supposed to be summer 2025, so who knows. This falls quite nicely with Guardiola finishing his contract as well, so all the “I’d leave if they’ve lied to me” stuff from him, may be lip service anyway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Good point actually, it might not be the case.

Nope:

List of our finishes when they “apparently” broke the rules. 

2009/10 - Championship - 5th

2010/11 - Championship - 10th

2011/12 - Championship - 9th

2012/13 - Championship - 6th

2013/14 - Championship - 1st

2014/15 - Premier League - 14th

2015/16 - Premier League - 1st

2016/17 - Premier League - 12th

2017/18 - Premier League - 9th

In reality, it’s hardly made a massive impact on us! 

During that time, we played them

FA Cup - Twice, drawing and then losing the replay.

League Cup - Twice, losing both (one on penalties)

League - Eight times, Won two, Drawn one, lost five. 

1 hour ago, Sly said:

Nope:

List of our finishes when they “apparently” broke the rules. 

2009/10 - Championship - 5th

2010/11 - Championship - 10th

2011/12 - Championship - 9th

2012/13 - Championship - 6th

2013/14 - Championship - 1st

2014/15 - Premier League - 14th

2015/16 - Premier League - 1st

2016/17 - Premier League - 12th

2017/18 - Premier League - 9th

In reality, it’s hardly made a massive impact on us! 

During that time, we played them

FA Cup - Twice, drawing and then losing the replay.

League Cup - Twice, losing both (one on penalties)

League - Eight times, Won two, Drawn one, lost five. 

Imagine being accused of cheating in the season little old Leicester won the league.

Edited by Matt
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, MPH said:

i do believe that if there was a need to sell people , it would have been done in January when the prices are higher. More chance of time running out if you wait until June…   I think we will  have a massive reduction in wages come next season compared to when we were last in the prem  and we will also have prem money coming in too… we will do alright but I don’t think we will be challenging the top 5 next couple of years!

Prices aren't going to be high anytime soon. The less clubs that can afford to buy means those selling will have to accept what's offered.

We really are going to have to rethink our selling strategy very quickly.

22 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Prices aren't going to be high anytime soon. The less clubs that can afford to buy means those selling will have to accept what's offered.

We really are going to have to rethink our selling strategy very quickly.

I’m increasingly intrigued by the lack of interest in our players wanting out since last May (and our inability to move some on), despite their sig drop in earnings as reported by Percy and others.  I can only think that a possible reason for this is that if we go straight back up then they get this back as a bonus. That would be quite a hit in the accounts and tough to argue it should be put into next years numbers because I believe league rules state that bonus’ must be paid in the season (ie before end June)  to which they are connected.  

Edited by st albans fox

52 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’m increasingly intrigued by the lack of interest in our players wanting out since last May (and our inability to move some on), despite their sig drop in earnings as reported by Percy and others.  I can only think that a possible reason for this is that if we go straight back up then they get this back as a bonus. That would be quite a hit in the accounts and tough to argue it should be put into next years numbers because I believe league rules state that bonus’ must be paid in the season (ie before end June)  to which they are connected.  

We'd be absolutely shafted if this were the case.