Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

LCFC must offer General Sale to fans

Well done for calling this out.

There's plenty of people who don't bother because they'd need to buy a membership first. The cheapest ticket would be around £70 for a new fan for Rotherham.

Interestingly, all the women's team games all go to general sale for the same fanbase..

Edited by Stuntman_Mike
  • Like 3

Do we really have much choice or say in this as loyal fans? I’ve been a member for years from abroad as my brother and I would like to be ST holders eventually. I don’t get to see any games live unless I visit Leicester once a year. I buy merch for me and my kid regularly. It’s just what I’ve been told to do to accrue points. My only hope is we can get on that long line of members who can get ST’s when the stadium is expanded (one day).yes it is sad :(

On the subject of general sale - I entirely agree.

But I think the rot is too deep with the current administration and their view of what a matchday should be like. Unfortunately, I think the sterile 'experience' that they think is important is too far ingrained and too deeply felt. They won't bother changing it.

• Like 1

Sorry I should add when I can’t get tickets as a member of general sale I’ll ask every friend  I know who’s a ST holder and most of the time can get a ticket from a member who can’t go to the game. Unless it’s some absolute blockbuster than no chance - just watch it on Telly 

Gave up my ST in 2011 when I moved away from the city, but retained what was then a "gold" membership to still get to the occasional game. 

I slowly downgraded over the years as I was unable to attend less and less, until a couple of years ago I came to my senses and got rid. 

The only way I can get to games now is from dudes on here. 

Good on UFS for speaking up. Wouldn't expect the same from the Trust mind. They're probably the ones who think opening up to Gen Sale is what will attract "undesirables"

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

The club make flimsy excuses occasionally about it stopping potential troublemakers getting in. Funny how those fears subside the second someone forks out for a membership though... :rolleyes:

That is flimsy especially when the ones that have gone to general sale this year are evening kick offs. 

2 hours ago, LCFCJoe96 said:

Props for calling this out, other fan groups should be doing the same and putting pressure on the club more.

£32 membership to have the pleasure of spending up to and over £40 to watch us play Rotherham (or anyone for that matter) is ridiculous.

They can’t even claim supply/demand, there’s a load of seats going empty for Saturday now M1 is open.

I guess they see it as 32 quid over a season, which is fair enough, but it screws people like me who can only get to the odd game, and international membership is even more expensive.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

It's a policy that has Susan Whelan written all over it. I get it. It makes theoretical sense to collate data, monitor buying habits and keep the space trouble free. But has absolutely no understanding of the football psyche. Whelan all over. 

I bet there are scores of families with relatives visiting that'd love to go.  Grandad wanting to give grandkids a Christmas treat. Nephews and Nieces from out of town. Brother in Law who just fancies a match and a few drinks. 

The club admin have absolutely zero football brain. 

you could still register fans for free / a nominal fee - doesn't need to be the cost of a (pricey) matchday ticket for the pleasure 

Edited by ParkerPen
  • Like 2

Might be going off subject here, i'm not sure.

I have an overseas visitor coming next year and it coincides with a game, they've always said they'd like to come to a game so it ties in quite nicely.

I've just had an email saying I can buy up to two ticket for friends and family for the Rotherham game (This isn't the game but it got me thinking and looking into it)

-As a STH I can buy guest tickets can I not?

-Am I right in thinking I'll need to set up an account in order to buy an additional ticket for them?

I mean atleast i'm not expected to payout for a membership for them but even so, it's still a faff and abit pointless isn't it considering they'll likely never come to another game.

Edited by Matt