Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

LCFC must offer General Sale to fans

It is a bit silly in these times. If it's about getting everyone to stump up £32 it's a false economy as an unsold seat loses that straight away.

I'm a member and it works for me to keep the membership scheme going as gives more surety of getting tickets.  However, once members have had enough time to buy, e.g. 3 or 4 days, opening up to a general sale with plenty of time left makes complete common sense. 

If we have empty seats now, why bother with the ground expansion.

• Like 3

The policy they have in place definitely turns away fans in the long run. There's likely many who were once regulars, even ST holders, that no longer go to many games but would like the option to go here or there, yet the club don't seem to recognise previous attendance unless a membership is purchased which instantly creates a barrier to re-entry.

Fans not customers, and all that.

• Like 2

The real issue is the membership system. As somebody who lives 3-4 hours away my man hope is to get some London/southern games away but even with the ballot, you're getting a pathetic percentage, and just a chance at tickets. But equally, if you're a season ticket holder, you should be rewarded for that and have access to tickets so it's a very tricky situation. Where the club have messed up is that loyalty should be allocated to ongoing memberships and season tickets rather than just points earned from buying tickets. Can't take into to account everyone's personal circumstances but if somebody has a membership for 10 years and only makes 1 game (so effectively paid £60-70 a ticket at minimum) they'll end up being worse off than somebody who's had a membership (or even a season ticket) for a much shorter time just because they've accumulated a few extra points.

I know a few people, whilst not Leicester fans, would love to visit and see a game at the KP - and it's quite annoying even for games that you know won't sell out,  that they can't get a chance to go. It's a good way of attracting more supporters and building a larger base for the future - one we'll need with a bigger stadium!

3 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

Had a ST for 20 years until 2 months ago due to moving house.Will be coming home for xmas and despite having a booking history can't get a ticket for the rotherham game and refuse to buy a membership for a one off game.

Exactly this, and same scenario, work, moving home etc understandable I suppose if it's a sell out.

Nearly as disappointing, as the LCFC Advent calendar I bought from the fan store, especially as the dogs advent calendar which cost half the price looks far more appetising 😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

To add to this, I've noticed that even the option to purchase by those with a booking history is rarely offered. The odd time when it is actually offered it's usually only 2/3 days out from the game.

I'd never buy a membership on principle.

But, having a booking history, I've been contacted once or twice this calendar year about tickets being available.

However, having then downloaded the lengthy document about mobile ticketing, I've given up at that point.

For the past 30 years or so, I would go to 3-4 games a year when back in Leics, but not now.

• Like 1

It's quite common for "bigger" clubs to only allow members to games to buy tickets. I worked in football in Fan Engagement for 10 years until 2020 and this kind of policy makes total sense to the clubs and the line of reports should any trouble / inncident occur. You control who comes in, you can ID them, if they cheat the system you've done all you can... Also you can't change the policy for certain games once you've set the policy so if you aim to keep Leeds fans out the home end (for example) then you need to do the same for every team otherwise you are discriminating / profiting. 

BUT.... that is a great policy (for the clubs) if you are filling the ground or likely to. It's fairly obvious to most this season that as there are so many games a month, as many teams in this league won't sell out away allocations and as most of the fixtures aren't that appealing that a decent resale platform or option for others to buy could be in place. It's too rigid in this league, it should've been addressed as we went down and revised as the season ends. Fan groups (all of them) consulted is your best starting point.

Many think the art to filling a ground is just to win games but it's not (clearly), it's about an experience (I know that's a w*nky word but it's unfortunately relevant these days), getting people in early and giving them a reason to stay and unfortunately as someone has already pointed out ours perceived as stale. If you cant guarantee a 1-0 win every week you need a plan and I don't think we have really ever had one. From what I see / have experienced as a club have relied on results, which again is great while you are winning. There will be a new Head of Fan Engagement coming in (a new EPL requirement position) but that is a long burn and the best time to plant a tree was 100 years ago...

I think the UFS statement makes sense. Most of what they are about does. They are an unheard voice at times.

I'd also like to see the club issue some of these tickets to folk who maybe can't afford tickets, especially at this time of year where there is so much pressure on people to buy stuff and to entertain families. Most of those people won't be able to afford to come back (that could be why we don't) but as a community club, that shouldn't matter in this league.

That's just my waffle on the matter!

• Like 3

I’m a long-standing member.  I live a fair way from Leicester so only manage to get to a handful of games a season. A friend of mine who lives closer than me and is recuperating after cancer treatment would love to go to a game. However, he can’t as he has no previous booking history. So I can’t take him.
It would not be worth him becoming a member but if tickets occasionally went to general sale this would be likely solution. The club don’t seem bothered to attract those people who, although neutral fans, would like to attend the odd game. Years ago they could. And if they enjoy themselves, who knows, they may want to go back for more.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

Then there's neutrals who might be in the city for university, work, tourism or whatever else who might catch a game if they can too.

Pretty sure there are some people on here who don’t want Neutrals in the ground, some don’t want actual home fans unless they are shouting and bouncing around

• Haha 2