Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

LCFC must offer General Sale to fans

56 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

A simple way to nullify the concerns about trouble makers is to make all standard membership free (which is basically general sale). Fans apply and provide their information that puts the clubs fears to rest.

Would like to see the club argue themselves out of that.

And of course,.for certain high profile / high risk fixtures there can be a block for new or low booking history accounts. 

But PL games v Fulham or Burnley or Palace or even Newcastle, what are they scared of? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

A simple way to nullify the concerns about trouble makers is to make all standard membership free (which is basically general sale). Fans apply and provide their information that puts the clubs fears to rest.

Would like to see the club argue themselves out of that.

surely providing ID when buying a ticket is enough 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Great thread here offering perceptive and constructive criticism, absolutely zero acknowledgement from the club.

Fan engagement at LCFC = biannual beers or doughnut giveaways 

TBF, no one from the club is going to come on a message board, not at any club with any sense and from experience you don't want to. You can't win and it would be relentless. 

It's really easy to club bash on here or on other social platforms for sure but in the club's defence they don't need to be on here and shouldn't be. What there should be is an open line of communication from fan groups to the club, regular minuted and published meetings and complete transparency, especially with issues like this. This members /ticketing strategy / issue could well have been communicated to the likes of the Foxes Trust but they may not have shared that information with the masses? either way what are the FT doing?

The EFL insist on fan meetings and the FSA will support fans if this isn't happening. It's down to the fan groups to help instigate this and to hold the club accountable if they aren't doing what they say they are / should be doing (they may well be). If nobody in those groups is contacting the club about these issues then the club aren't in the wrong. 

Are the older fan groups doing what they should be doing and representing the fans? I'm not sure they are? It's really easy to whack on a branded polo shirt, write match reports and get "WOW'd" at the ground once a year but if your job is to represent the fans, to hold the club accountable and to support the club in supporting the fans you need to do it or stop pretending.

We have to support the club moving forwards and hope that with an £80k a year head of fan engagement coming in, that the club can focus on these issues at the bottom, improve transparency and communications and hopefully start listening to those groups that really want to make a change to the club and not just their egos. I'm not sure the club has had the right resource to match it's incredible growth to focus on fan engagement / fan comms so with a new strategy (and I would assume someone from a blue chip / Tesco Club card type, loyalty based engagement background) we should see an improvement. Again that is going to take time for them to get it right and along the way of course there will be issues, but clearly the club have seen the need for this change so EPL requirement or not, it's a positive step.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Great to see this. As someone who lives abroad, it’s incredibly frustrating to have to jump through so many hoops to get a ticket when i’m over. 

A season ticket holder sorted me out this year but the amount of information needed to go to the game with my mate, was more than they asked for me to get on the plane. 

There’s nothing i love more than getting to games when i’m home but it just feels criminal to have to fork out £70 on a membership that doesn’t guarantee me a ticket anyway. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

why should you need to be a member to buy a ticket, never even knew that was the case.. terrible from the club, keep the pies and free scarfs and provide a service to the community that doesn't cost an arm and leg.

If one Saturday I feel like going down and watching I should be able to get a ticket on the day without the need of some form of membership, basically putting up a barrier for fans to attend.

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

why should you need to be a member to buy a ticket, never even knew that was the case.. terrible from the club, keep the pies and free scarfs and provide a service to the community that doesn't cost an arm and leg.

agreed mate. It’s just a way to get more money but it’s a nasty way to do it. 

Raise every ticket by a £1… or better yet don’t spunk £15m on a terrible signing every year 😂 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Well done for calling this out.

There's plenty of people who don't bother because they'd need to buy a membership first. The cheapest ticket would be around £70 for a new fan for Rotherham.

Interestingly, all the women's team games all go to general sale for the same fanbase..

Comparing apples with oranges bringing the women’s sales into it. Isn’t t a season ticket something like £40? For a season! That shows the interest in the game.

5 minutes ago, RYM said:

TBF, no one from the club is going to come on a message board, not at any club with any sense and from experience you don't want to. You can't win and it would be relentless. 

It's really easy to club bash on here or on other social platforms for sure but in the club's defence they don't need to be on here and shouldn't be. What there should be is an open line of communication from fan groups to the club, regular minuted and published meetings and complete transparency, especially with issues like this. This members /ticketing strategy / issue could well have been communicated to the likes of the Foxes Trust but they may not have shared that information with the masses? either way what are the FT doing?

The EFL insist on fan meetings and the FSA will support fans if this isn't happening. It's down to the fan groups to help instigate this and to hold the club accountable if they aren't doing what they say they are / should be doing (they may well be). If nobody in those groups is contacting the club about these issues then the club aren't in the wrong. 

Are the older fan groups doing what they should be doing and representing the fans? I'm not sure they are? It's really easy to whack on a branded polo shirt, write match reports and get "WOW'd" at the ground once a year but if your job is to represent the fans, to hold the club accountable and to support the club in supporting the fans you need to do it or stop pretending.

We have to support the club moving forwards and hope that with an £80k a year head of fan engagement coming in, that the club can focus on these issues at the bottom, improve transparency and communications and hopefully start listening to those groups that really want to make a change to the club and not just their egos. I'm not sure the club has had the right resource to match it's incredible growth to focus on fan engagement / fan comms so with a new strategy (and I would assume someone from a blue chip / Tesco Club card type, loyalty based engagement background) we should see an improvement. Again that is going to take time for them to get it right and along the way of course there will be issues, but clearly the club have seen the need for this change so EPL requirement or not, it's a positive step.

Great post and very reasoned. 

It shouldn't take an 80k a year employee to apply common sense. 

If we take the football out of this, the first rule of business is 'make it easy to buy'. I cannot fathom why a business is so obtuse, so belligerent. I concluded long ago it is an irrational fear of rowdiness that jars against a club strategy of creating an inclusive family friendly vibe. I get the logic. But they are in the wrong game if they wish to exclude 'undesirables' ....go buy a rugby club or ice hockey club. 

Simple stuff. Be freindly. Be helpful. Be flexible. Empower staff to use common sense. Sell more. It really ain't that hard. 

• Like 3

I don’t know the ins and outs on this as I have had a season ticket for about 15 years. However should my brother for example want to go to Rotherham and it’s not sold out, the club would not let him buy a ticket without a membership? Is that the situation? If so that’s insane. 

4 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I don’t know the ins and outs on this as I have had a season ticket for about 15 years. However should my brother for example want to go to Rotherham and it’s not sold out, the club would not let him buy a ticket without a membership? Is that the situation? If so that’s insane. 

No, you'd have to buy it for him. Your only options to buy tickets now are to know a current STH or buy a membership. Leicester City Private Members' Club.

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Vicki Vixen said:

For the Huddersfield game, away end is on general sale… https://www.htafc.com/news/2023/december/ticket-info-leicester-city-a/

That guy that came to the Plymouth game as a neutral and wrote that blog that he posted on here, he mentioned that our ticketing policy was like Fort Knox, so he just rang up Plymouth and they sold him one no questions asked in the away end.

• Haha 1

Starting supporting in 1981, over the last 42 years I'd estimate I've been a member over various periods of time totalling 20 years, and had season tickets for 8 years. 

These days, I can't commit to a season ticket due to work and the constant shifting of k.o times, and the last time I had a membership was the covid season which turned out to be a waste of time and no refund from the club given. 

I've had the opportunity to buy for PNE, Millwall and another midweeker, can't remember which team, these have been stuck at the back of block P3 and my attitude is to say stuff it, because they won't give me the opportunity for other games even though I've got a booking history going back years, I will leave their seats empty. 

I'll never buy another membership, and have in fact bought a season ticket for the women's team instead which was £42 for 11 games. I'd rather do that than give them £32 for a membership. 

Edited by SK3Blue
  • Like 3

When we played Roma away, I went to see Inter Milan the next night at the San Siro. I ordered my ticket over the internet, just gave my personal details, printed the ticket out & job done. The only thing I had to do was take my passport to the game but I think that is pretty standard in Italy. 35 euros for a great seat.

Why do we make it so difficult

• Like 3