Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dennis Praet

9 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Both…and he was still better than Praet.

Folks, Dennis has a 5-year track record with us. Those prattling on about him based on 45 minutes of decent football against a mid-table Birmingham side are likely suffering from post-Rodgers PTSD (or some other form of traumatic memory impairment), and frankly reminds one of those FTers ready to hand Tete a lifetime contract after his debut for us. 

Agreed. Praet seems to have a half decent game in every 20 or so and then people will pop up and say: “ … always thought he’s decent” etc.  The vast majority of the time he’s either been average or invisible. 

I live in hope that he might make a contribution at this level especially when we’re short of midfielders, but not holding my breath that his contribution will be instrumental in us maintaining form. If we do go up then I don’t think he’s the player we need. If we stay down he’ll be gone anyway 

• Like 3

He’s just not combative enough for this type of midfielder to really work in england .

You only really get away without that, if you’re really skillful or have a bit of acceleration at least. 

He just goes missing when we’re out of possession. Technically he is very good and that’s why i’ve always wanted to see if it could work for him but he just lacks the tenacity that you’d need to consistently be good. 

Winks for example, can have an off day, but you still see him hustling around and impacting the game in other ways trying to get the ball back.  If praet misplaces a pass, he just jogs about aimlessly. 

Edited by Lambert09

Yeh I get what people are saying about Praet. He’s never fit, seemed to be blowing after 25 mins. He was anonymous yesterday (and generally) and seem to pull out of challenges, BUT (and it is a BIG but) he did once do that fab assist to the assist against Brentford in the FA Cup and as such he should be front of queue for any Statues - ahead even of Goat Vardy. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Here to the bitter end then. Hardly suprising. 

What a waste of a career. If we dont sell him today,  we should just terminate his contract. mutually. there's no point him being here...

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahahahaa this would be peak Leicester to finally sell a player and be 3 central midfielders down from the turn of the year (Casadei, Ndidi and Praet)

Watch us not even sell him. It'll be a loan for 6 months for a half eaten bag of quavers.

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahahahaa this would be peak Leicester to finally sell a player and be 3 central midfielders down from the turn of the year (Casadei, Ndidi and Praet)

Sure this has been covered before but we can still sign free agents outside the window, is that right?