Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wout Faes

https://sportwitness.co.uk/club-start-chase-leicester-city-player-e17m-enough-january-move/

Atalanta are interested in Leicester City defender Wout Faes, the Italian media says.

TuttoMercatoWeb today writes that the 25-year-old is a ‘new name’ that the Serie A side have on their list.

The outlet claims that after spending €17m to sign him from Stade Reims in 2022, Leicester City are demanding ‘more or less’ the same price for his sale.

It’s pointed out that this is not an easy deal for Atalanta, given other Serie A sides have already tried to sign him from the Foxes.

Bologna, Fiorentina and Torino all had attempts blocked by Leicester City, so the Bergamo club must put a convincing offer on the table to make the operation possible.

Faes has been a regular starter with the Foxes, with 23 appearances this season, but it seems that going to Italy’s top tier would be attractive to him, as he eyes a place in Belgium’s team for the Euros.

Now it’s up to Atalanta to present convincing arguments that will make Leicester City consider letting him leave.

He definitely wasn’t a car crash last season. He had a couple of lows that were really bad, but his general performers were one of the best in our team I’d argue. I think we would have been in a far worse position last season if we didn’t have him. 

He’s a capable premier league defender, but I do wonder if he’d get exposed more next season if he’s still playing in the same role. I would be back him to be good enough tho.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

There’s no way we sell him in Jan unless it’s something silly like 30m+.

Italian clubs don’t have that money unless Atalanta suddenly sell Scalvini. 

They should still have a load of money left over from the summer

He's got a huge contract and he's a key part of our team. He isn't going anywhere. 

And if we go up and he's a key part of a Premier League defence he isn't going to Serie A. 

Just click bait shit. We'll probably get rubbish links to half the team in this window. Not even worth posting. No chance this happens. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Dusty said:

He definitely wasn’t a car crash last season.

He absolutely was. He was a disaster post-WC, couldn't seemingly judge the flight of the ball let alone anything else. I don't necessarily pin his failings in that period entirely on him but he was ****ing rancid.

Fantastic this season though and we definitely aren't flogging for "more or less the same price"

• Like 1