Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

10 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

It was as much a possible transfer ban on incomings and losing better players to balance the books together with a possible points deduction that I was concerned about 

Either way a one year stay in the PL if we get promoted looks more likely than not atm 

We won’t have a transfer ban if we get promoted. Even if we don’t get promoted, we’ll probably avoid one provided we sell KDH before 30 June - and I suspect plans have been put in place for that eventually. 

If we go up, our length of stay will probably depend on the severity of the points deduction. But I don’t agree it’s a foregone conclusion that we’ll be relegated straight away.

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

We won’t have a transfer ban if we get promoted. Even if we don’t get promoted, we’ll probably avoid one provided we sell KDH before 30 June - and I suspect plans have been put in place for that eventually. 

If we go up, our length of stay will probably depend on the severity of the points deduction. But I don’t agree it’s a foregone conclusion that we’ll be relegated straight away.

Who said it was a foregone conclusion ? :)

12 minutes ago, BigWesMorgan said:

I think if we’d have signed this guy and had Cannon playing upfront since January we would have had the league wrapped up by the start of April 

Given our difficulties in breaking teams down that sit deep and try to nullify us, our pursuit of Sensi in January makes sense - we were clearly in need of a ball-playing midfielder who can break through the lines, which is apparently Sensi's profile.

• Like 1

Surely the club knew they’d already broken the rules, so being another £1/2m over wouldn’t have made a difference financially.

We really could’ve done with someone to allow rotation of the midfield.

2 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Surely the club knew they’d already broken the rules, so being another £1/2m over wouldn’t have made a difference financially.

In the end it was Inter pissing around that changed the picture. 

• Like 2

On 21/04/2024 at 14:33, Leeds Fox said:

I think it was Inter who screwed it up in the end but even if they didn't, breaking rules further still because you know you've already broken them would not be a good move.

Seems like both the Premier League and Championship are itching to punish teams like Leicester.  Giving them more ammunition than they already have would be just the sort of incompetence that we're regularly accusing the club of.

• Like 1

On 21/04/2024 at 16:36, Pliskin said:

In the end it was Inter pissing around that changed the picture. 

2 hours ago, Bettsj2 said:

I think it was Inter who screwed it up in the end but even if they didn't, breaking rules further still because you know you've already broken them would not be a good move.

Seems like both the Premier League and Championship are itching to punish teams like Leicester.  Giving them more ammunition than they already have would be just the sort of incompetence that we're regularly accusing the club of.

Yeah fair comments. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Fell through because we found out he had an ankle injury and wanted the terms of the deal adjusted accordingly. And you know what Italian clubs are like to deal with lol. He's had surgery to fix the issue since Jan and I wouldn't be surprised if he were the first incoming announced

39 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Ok his ankle is fixed but what about the rest? https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/stefano-sensi/verletzungen/spieler/216179

I just don't see someone who can't handle the slow nature of Serie A doing well over here

Conte famously has an incredibly intense training regiment and that seems to have caused problems, more intense that anything we have in England. He was relatively fit last season, I think if we manage his minutes he can be healthy.

On 27/04/2024 at 13:04, honeybradger said:

Conte famously has an incredibly intense training regiment and that seems to have caused problems, more intense that anything we have in England. He was relatively fit last season, I think if we manage his minutes he can be healthy.

But when you're already managing minutes of Ricardo, Vardy, JJ and Ndidi if he stays, a 5th is maybe too much 

1 hour ago, TommyK said:

When did he last play 90mins? Looks like he's played 3 games this year?

I wouldn't read to much into him not playing many 90 minutes this season as there are reasons for this. After coming back to Inter from a successful loan season, he doesn't fit the system their coach plays (a bit like Vestergaard for us last season), plus he decided to have the operation that was scheduled for the Summer to remove a metal pin from his foot, done early, to enable him to be ready for pre season.

2 minutes ago, TommyK said:

When you think about it...us spending 2m or whatever on a player out of contract in the summer was pretty silly to even entertain given our financial situation. 

It was really touch and go if we needed him though. For a while it did seem we needed something different in the squad and cover for Winks. But, as it turned out we got it over the line so thats 2m saved.