Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

On 06/05/2024 at 20:06, Ric Flair said:

Quite possibly but Enzo will have a limited budget and he needs at least 3, possibly 4 central midfielders. He known what Sensi brings and he wasn't just being signed for 6 months in the Championship.

It was a very concerning transfer anyway given our recent track record so I'm largely relieved but we will need a clutch of frees and/or loans in the 9+ new players we need.

From a midfield perspective I wouldn’t be surprised if we target the free agent market, then use any cash to bolster the defence and forwards.

For me personally, Barkley, Sensei and O’Hare give you a lot more depth and creativity in there at no cost.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

From a midfield perspective I wouldn’t be surprised if we target the free agent market, then use any cash to bolster the defence and forwards.

For me personally, Barkley, Sensei and O’Hare give you a lot more depth and creativity in there at no cost.

Possibly, but it's the area in most need of investment. Even before KDH's probable sale we need 2 more 8's (to replace Praet and possibly Ndidi) and probably another deeper lying midfielder.

The free agent market or loan market will need to be utilised but we have to get the midfield spot on next season otherwise the defence will be exposed significantly at the highest level.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Barkley is a no-brainer given the way Enzo likes to play, but we'll do very well to get him - there will be a lot of interest in him on a free after the season he's had. I'm not personally convinced by O'Hare, but I'd be happy with Sensi as an addition to the squad provided we're not planning to rely on him playing week-in, week-out...

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Adopting the Bolton circa 2001 approach. I like it!

I reckon a 50 year old Jay Jay Okocha would still be a better signing that Rachid Ghezzal tbf. 

• Haha 1

Think this would be a wise move. We've been very fortunate that Harry Winks has not had a prolonged injury this year. He'd be good in rotation in that role with Winks. It would also keep Winks fresh and on his mind focused on retaining that position. I thought, understandably, Winks looked jaded the last 10 games.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

I’m confused why everyone is so keen for this to happen after slating Praet for constantly being injured, this geezer has played 44 minutes this season?!

Winks had a bad injury record in 22/23

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

I’m confused why everyone is so keen for this to happen after slating Praet for constantly being injured, this geezer has played 44 minutes this season?!

Praet wasnt particularly good when he played, Sensi was considered one of the best midfielders in Serie A at one point. At least when Sensi is fit he will be starting quality.

• Like 1

On 11/05/2024 at 10:11, Itsthejoeker said:

They are the most profitable signings when short of money, as a poor injury record lowers the fee, Huth and Winks both examples.

Beggars cant be choosers.