Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

i really don’t rate brownhill at all 

He's not anything special, but he's tenacious, has PL experience and tidy in possession. I wouldn't want us to sign him if he wasn't a free agent in the summer and we had to pay a fee, just think he'd be a useful player when we need numbers in that area of the pitch. 

• Like 2

On 29/04/2024 at 11:03, TommyK said:

When you think about it...us spending 2m or whatever on a player out of contract in the summer was pretty silly to even entertain given our financial situation. 

Although Casadei f*****g off back to Chelscum  without a backward glance could have had consequences 

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

He's not anything special, but he's tenacious, has PL experience and tidy in possession. I wouldn't want us to sign him if he wasn't a free agent in the summer and we had to pay a fee, just think he'd be a useful player when we need numbers in that area of the pitch. 

Problem with this sort of signing is they end up on big wages because of the fact they were free and they also block the route for someone like braybrooke.

Theres a good logic behind only signing players that will improve the starting 11, that way if you assess them slightly wrong they’d still have a bit of value to you… when you go for a squad filler and get it wrong… well you end up with a bertrand. 

Maybe someone like brownhill or longstaff is just where we are at as a club right now. But I’m hopeful we go for players with at least a high ceiling. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lambert09 said:

Problem with this sort of signing is they end up on big wages because of the fact they were free and they also block the route for someone like braybrooke.

Theres a good logic behind only signing players that will improve the starting 11, that way if you assess them slightly wrong they’d still have a bit of value to you… when you go for a squad filler and get it wrong… well you end up with a bertrand. 

Maybe someone like brownhill or longstaff is just where we are at as a club right now. But I’m hopeful we go for players with at least a high ceiling. 

Can't argue with any of that - think we may have to deal with it though for the time being with our financial situation. Or just sign only young players with potential for cheap, and really face an up hill battle to survive next season but be ok in the long-run.

Sensi & Ross Barkley would do. Keep Soumare, (just on the basis that there's little value in selling him). Pick up another high quality free midfielder in Yusuf Yazıcı. Add in Winks, Alves and Braybrooke and that's the midfield sorted without paying a penny in transfer fees.

Next!

Who wants to discuss the attacking line...?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

hold your horses.

I get the potential Alves and Braybrooke have, but they have hardly kicked a ball for 12 months and you want them to play in the prem?

Mate, if all the shite I've just written came to fruition, they'd still have five players ahead of them!

4 hours ago, MPH said:

hold your horses.

I get the potential Alves and Braybrooke have, but they have hardly kicked a ball for 12 months and you want them to play in the prem?

Got to ease them in some time, don’t want any more walkers as there is just too much value in the home grown lads.

Or even better they kick on and become regulars!

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Got to ease them in some time, don’t want any more walkers as there is just too much value in the home grown lads.

Or even better they kick on and become regulars!

definitely want to see then eased in. But not the right time to go into a season relying on them.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MPH said:

hold your horses.

Ideally they can both get a Championship loan next season and be ready for the first team squad the season after, regardless of which league we find ourselves in. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stadt said:

As it stands our midfield options going into next season are:

Winks

KDH

Soumare

Choudhury

Soumare isn't up to it and he can scarily be bothered. We need bodies and somebody like Brownhill is a massive improvement on Praet as 

A) He'd stay fit

B) He'd be on lower wages (I think)

C) Grafts 

D) Decent enough stats

E) Free transfer

Is Brownhill available on a free?

5 hours ago, Stadt said:

As it stands our midfield options going into next season are:

Winks

KDH

Soumare

Choudhury

Soumare isn't up to it and he can scarily be bothered. We need bodies and somebody like Brownhill is a massive improvement on Praet as 

A) He'd stay fit

B) He'd be on lower wages (I think)

C) Grafts 

D) Decent enough stats

E) Free transfer

If he joined on Praet’s wages then we shouldn’t just have a points deduction but booted out of the football pyramid.

Praet is allegedly on £80k p.w and there lies our biggest problem since winning the league.

Brownhill surely wouldn’t expect a wedge anywhere near that?! 

2 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

If he joined on Praet’s wages then we shouldn’t just have a points deduction but booted out of the football pyramid.

Praet is allegedly on £80k p.w and there lies our biggest problem since winning the league.

Its up to us to set out our stall that we’re not paying that kind of money anymore.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

No but I’m guessing (purely conjecture) the relegated players’ wages will increase as we go back up in line with what they were on

• Like 1

Fringe player for inter Milan, and strikes me as the sort of buy that replicates ann Adrian silva sort of buy. Think for the money/wages we could get a much better younger player. If he isn’t a solid starter in the Italian league how will he cope slogging it out in the premier league potentially with a team fighting to stay up ? 

Posted (edited)

I think if you look at his recent injury / appearance record (3 appearances in season 23/24, 28 the season before) you can’t help but have doubts but rumour has it Enzo wants him so chances are it gets done.

Agree tho if there are players with similar technical attributes, maybe younger tho with not as great a CV, then I would prefer we passed on Sensi.

Edited by JimmyC74