Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Enzo Maresca frustration boils over as he says 'moment there's doubt about the idea, I will leave'

Just now, Shit_arse said:

You don't need confidence in these players at Prem level - were not at that level. 

Again a deluded response. 

Lets get promoted first and allow Enzo to have a proper go next year. 

How do you know Brighton would score 5 against us! They got hammered by Luton last night! 

We're 90% likely to get promoted. Ive seen many of these players in the PL. They were not good. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Delusions of grandeur among the fanbase.

We're top of the league, storming to the title despite a couple of wobbles, and suddenly we are expected to play like Champions-elect every game.

Yes, it's sometimes mind-numbingly boring, and turgid football. We sure as heck can't play like that in the Premier League.

But it's keeping us top, so fans should be grateful that he has got us to this point, and hopefully will stay if they actually give him some slack. It's not pretty football, and it doesn't have to be in this league.

This post is hilarious haha.

You've just said the same as other people are saying whilst trying to simultaneously belittle that same opinion. Weird lol

• Haha 3

Just now, Koke said:

We're 90% likely to get promoted. Ive seen many of these players in the PL. They were not good. 

But to repeat, you don't need confidence in them for Prem level - we need to get out of this league first. 

Your view and last few posts are part of the problem Enzo is getting at. Get behind the team to get through this season then allow them to rebuild for next. Why is that so hard for so many of you to understand!! 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

but often its boring to watch

But we're flipping top of the league and on course to make history. Flipping heck, would you rather see us playing ping pong and scrapping for play off spots??

Jesus wept

• Like 2

I applaud the fact we actually have a plan and an identity.

its clear to see that he is learning on the job and we’ve started going slightly longer when we see the opportunity.

ultimately it’s a results business and he’s getting us the results. Would be catastrophic to lose him now .

Edited by Jazzy_Jeff

I am going to criticise him here. 

His point is valid - very valid. 

But as a manager in his position, there is always going to be criticism and pushing it back at the fans is a dangerous tactic. He won't help himself with that. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Im not here to argue and i cant comment on last night as its one of the few games in the past 10 years that i havent bothered to get up for ( coz its too boring?), however other games i have watched this year have often been dull. 

Yep we are winning and his results cannot be questioned... but his entertaiment factor is highly questionable imo.

As always is the result all that matters?

Yes.

Top level sport is about winning and that is the source of the "entertainment", nothing more, IMO.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, CosbehFox said:

I am going to criticise him here. 

His point is valid - very valid. 

But as a manager in his position, there is always going to be criticism and pushing it back at the fans is a dangerous tactic. He won't help himself with that. 

Will he? I think the majority (the problem) won't even register what's he's said and the minority (those putting the effort in) will galvanise more hopefully. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gwyn said:

But we're flipping top of the league and on course to make history. Flipping heck, would you rather see us playing ping pong and scrapping for play off spots??

Jesus wept

We are top... and that is greaat, but it is still often boring to watch.....if we are going to make stupid comments... no id rather be top of the league and playing like prime Barca.

For Dogs sake.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Im not here to argue and i cant comment on last night as its one of the few games in the past 10 years that i havent bothered to get up for ( coz its too boring?), however other games i have watched this year have often been dull. 

Yep we are winning and his results cannot be questioned... but his entertaiment factor is highly questionable imo.

As always is the result all that matters?

Hard to argue that the result isn't all that matters, 3 points as the best you can hope for, no matter how you get their is somewhat irrelevant IMO

• Like 3

I think the frustration last night was there were several balls on due to Swansea playing such a high line and we went either backwards or sidewards or just picked the wrong pass.

The first goal was testament to how we could have played through them a little better.

I get Enzo has his style, but sometimes the game is crying out to be played a little differently.

Mavadidi was getting really frustrated in the 2nd half in front of us, as he kept making runs in behind and the ball just wasn't being played.  So it wasn't just the fans

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Agree with him to some extent, but baring in mind the squad he has, and the standard of opposition in comparison,  let's not pretend he's worked miracles.

I said at the start of the season 'well, he's picked vestegaard. If he can make him look like a footballer, maybe he is a genius'

Let's not underestimate what the guy has done.

• Like 3