Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Enzo Maresca frustration boils over as he says 'moment there's doubt about the idea, I will leave'

1 hour ago, Koke said:

He's half right. But unfortunately I have very little confidence is several of these players in the Premier League. Sure Vestergaard, Daka, Faes etc look incredible against Championship teams. Look at Swansea last night, they made some god awful errors. 

The first goal last night is an example of Enzo ball. Its exciting and technically proficient. But we sure as **** make life hard for ourselves at the back. A team like Brighton would score 5 against our defenders.

We’ll cross the Premier League bridge when (or if) we get there.
Right now , enjoy beating the pants off most of the opposition set in front of us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

The moment there is some doubt about the idea, the day after, I will leave.

oh and wtf... I support Enzo, but jeebus... dummy spit much

Edit.. this comment is possibly aimed at the owners so fair enough

Edited by ozleicester

7 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Enzo needs to stop crying, Mourinho played "boring" football for years and got moaned at but continued to win and prove people wrong that way. Fans will always moan but you need to get over it and do your job.

Not sure what your point is. Jose was forever in the press standing up for what he believed in. If anything Enzo has traits of Jose when it comes to the press and the fans. Which really isnt a bad thing. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Slightly different question, but a genuine one. When has the team ever truly been "great" to watch?

• MON's cup winning teams were effective but pretty bland. Didn't score too many goals, relied on big / man little man up front, set pieces and magic from Izzet. One of my favourite teams ever, but not exactly riveting viewing for the most part.

• Pearson's Championship sides were decent. Quite physical but with a bit of flair through Knockaert, Mahrez and maybe even Oakley and King in the League One days. But hardly Brazil 1970's. There were endless complaints on here at the time that Pearson wasn't getting the most out of the best squad in the division. (Sound familiar?)

• Ranieri's title winners. The first half of the season was incredible. Attacking football that had gaps at the back but could score. That 5-2 defeat at home to Arsenal being a good example, but also countless comeback draws and victories. But after we fixed the defence via the gift of Pizza, we became efficient rather than exciting. Games against Newcastle, Sunderland, Watford and many more were boring, but we did enough to grind out the win and achieve football history. You wouldn't have traded it for the world though!

• Rodgers 4141. In the early days, we have to give the arrogant **** his dues. Southampton away, Newcastle at home. A thrilling home victory against Emery's Arsenal where we attacked them and made them scared. IMO that period was genuinely the most exciting the team has ever been, but it fell apart because it was fragile. Maddison, Tielemans, Ricardo and Vardy at their peak was poetry in motion though!

These are just examples from my lifetime. Many older fans speak highly of the "ice kings" who supposedly were great to watch.

Maybe it's just me, but this clip from our most recent game was pretty great to watch?

I think we made an excellent appointment in the summer and am excited to see where this chapter in the Leicester City story goes! The first couple of pages have been pretty good so far!

Difference is mate that for all of those examples this is a completely new identity of modern day football and some won’t get their head around it. Doesn’t matter how much me, you and others go into that tactics thread and wax lyrical about it.

Brendan’s prime football was about as close as this club have ever got to it.

I’m ecstatic we’ve got a manager with a huge emphasis on a modern day football identity. But some won’t be happy until we get to the premier league, we’ve lost more than we’ve won, Mads is gifting it once or twice to someone trying to play out for the back and then they can come out of the woodwork and say “I told you so”.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Madelin21 said:

No problem with the style if we're winning games. He's completely right about the negativity from the stands. It's one of the reasons we went down. Too many of the social media crew going down for status. Half of them don't even support Leicester. We really need to inject atmosphere and I can only see that by shuffling the Union lads to the family stand.

They can move to L1 or other blocks on the east stand why do they need to go into the family stand

Edited by whoareyaaa

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Slightly different question, but a genuine one. When has the team ever truly been "great" to watch?

• MON's cup winning teams were effective but pretty bland. Didn't score too many goals, relied on big / man little man up front, set pieces and magic from Izzet. One of my favourite teams ever, but not exactly riveting viewing for the most part.

• Pearson's Championship sides were decent. Quite physical but with a bit of flair through Knockaert, Mahrez and maybe even Oakley and King in the League One days. But hardly Brazil 1970's. There were endless complaints on here at the time that Pearson wasn't getting the most out of the best squad in the division. (Sound familiar?)

• Ranieri's title winners. The first half of the season was incredible. Attacking football that had gaps at the back but could score. That 5-2 defeat at home to Arsenal being a good example, but also countless comeback draws and victories. But after we fixed the defence via the gift of Pizza, we became efficient rather than exciting. Games against Newcastle, Sunderland, Watford and many more were boring, but we did enough to grind out the win and achieve football history. You wouldn't have traded it for the world though!

• Rodgers 4141. In the early days, we have to give the arrogant **** his dues. Southampton away, Newcastle at home. A thrilling home victory against Emery's Arsenal where we attacked them and made them scared. IMO that period was genuinely the most exciting the team has ever been, but it fell apart because it was fragile. Maddison, Tielemans, Ricardo and Vardy at their peak was poetry in motion though!

These are just examples from my lifetime. Many older fans speak highly of the "ice kings" who supposedly were great to watch.

Maybe it's just me, but this clip from our most recent game was pretty great to watch?

Superb post, the truth is with the exception of Ranieri in his 1st season, all the other managers you have mentioned and you could also add Brian Little to the mix were criticised for their tactics despite being successful. 

We cant make it to every game due to other family commitments, we have a 250 mile round trip and often stay overnight when we do make it to games and I will be honest the 3 of us absolutely love it (even the wife). I am gutted that we cannot go every week and if we lived in the shire I can assure we would be there every week. We always stay to the end regardless of the result. 

If you do go every week and spend it mainly moaning, whilst you have every right to as a paying customer, but please think of the fans who would love to attend but can’t due to personal circumstances or due to not being able to afford to go and realise how lucky you are to be able to go week in week out to watch our beloved club and be involved in what could be one of if not the most successful team in championship history. I would give my right nut to be there week in week out, don’t become entitled and don’t take it for granted 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think we made an excellent appointment in the summer and am excited to see where this chapter in the Leicester City story goes! The first couple of pages have been pretty good so far!

I am with you. Some of the football in that clip you included is excellent. 

• Like 1

I'm not complaining but fans and atmospheres live off excitement. So can see frustrations on both sides of the fence.

The table doesn't lie, we are getting points on the board where we've been used to disappointment in the last couple of seasons. And there has been a progressive change in culture in how we play. Every one of us would have snapped your hand off to be in this position before the season started. No doubt Enzo is the man.

But there is a frustration in not killing off games and taking teams to the cleaners with the quality we have and I can understand that too. 

Yes we want to be able to control the game but continually passing the ball around our own six yard box when that's absolutely no pressure from the opposition who are completely dross will not bring big cheers from the fans. 

I can apprecitate wanting to play that way but then can't simultaneously have a dig at the atmosphere. The two don't go hand in hand.

Fans come to matches to be entertained, to escape from their busy lives. There's no reason when in the lead and playing well to not loosen the shackles a little bit and give the fans something to cheer about.

An analogy would be in cricket where they might only need a couple of runs an over to get over the line but you see players playing those big shots to excite the crowd and see them home. Fans live off that as do players.

Even bringing some of the subs on earlier to give them a proper run out to impress would do wonders imo

Edited by HybridFox
  • Like 3

Been a season ticket holder in the KOP for 15 years, wasn't able to go last night tho because away with work. However, when I saw the comments I knew exactly what it was about, and all around where I sit we have these moaners. I don't understand when Enzo has said multiple times this is how we are going to play, enjoy it or leave. This is modern football, this is how you control games, this is how you break an opponent down. We all know our two CBs don't have much pace, so would never make sense to lump it long, and then they have the chance to do us on the counter.

You don't hear it that much at away matches tho. There seriously needs something to be done about the atmosphere in general at the KP. 

But when I turned it on last night (don't ask me how I can watch it), I was not surprised about the empty seats, crap atmosphere. There were a lot of other factors that affected last night:

1. Third home game in a row 
  2. Shit opposition
  3. Late kickoff, and cold/crap weather at the moment. 
  4. It's late Jan, and everyone is fed up and skint.

I can guarantee it gets to springtime, we are nearly promoted or even about to win the league. The stadium will be full, the atmosphere will be good, and you won't hear of these moaners. There were a lot of other circumstances around last night, not just the style of play. 

We all know we shouldn't be in this league, and the quicker we bounce back the better. If we were playing even Palace last night, the stadium would have been a lot better. We are entitled, and I can understand when people say they just can't get up for these types of games, yes it's Swansea at home, Tuesday night in the cold. 2 years ago I was in Eindhoven town centre in the baking sun, loving life. We take our medicine this season, we support Enzo and the team because it's all about building again for next season. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

One of the reasons I made that thread is I knew this would happen lol

Some managers come across as arrogant by saying that most fans who watch games don't understand what is happening, but they have a point. At the same time, football is meaningless without fans, so it's a complex situation.

Enzo is one of the most pioneering coaches in European football right now. The tactics we are using are right on the cutting edge of the most modern principles used by top teams, and it's one of the reasons why the team has become so damned effective. It leads to really consistent results and totally controlling the opposition. Many other teams in the division struggle against deep blocks, but we don't! In many ways, it flies in the face of football from yesteryear and makes you have to think about everything in the game from scratch. Personally, I find that aspect of it totally enthralling and think we are very lucky to have such a coach. Many teams will get left behind like dinosaurs, whereas we will be setup from academy level through to first team in playing highly technical football and being good at it.

However, you can bet that this forum will be massively toxic next season, as we lose more games than we win. Look at the Burnley and Brighton (tonked 4-0 by Luton last night) forums for proof.

I'm already jotting down names (not literally) of the "you don't get it" posse that I'm sure will flip when results are going against us :D

I know you won't fell into that camp but there's plenty that just like to be part of the popular cool looking group and I'm here for it. It'll be interesting to hear thoughts from yourself and others next season to be fair when we're playing teams that are equal or better than us every week.

In advance, would you be looking at making changes to the way we set up/play right now. Or do you have full belief that this system can beat superior better teams consistently?

• Haha 1

Awesome. The OAP's that infest our ground are gonna chase away an actual good manager. Shame they couldn't do the same with Rodgers instead of just shouting 'But who do you replace him with?!' 

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 4