Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Not strengthening the team in January

46 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Absolutely and they tried didn’t they. However, you and I don't have a clue whether they tried other targets and failed plus the deal has to be right for Leicester City football club. You can't loan who a club doesn't want to release or who doesn't want to come. Just because no-one came doesn't mean there was a lack of effort or someone has failed in their duties. 

We can't find a suitable loan in a month? Southampton managed it twice in Jan - riddle me that 

2 hours ago, goose2010 said:

If we could we would have. It was obvious we wanted to but for one reason or not we didn't. It's no secret we are skint and running close to FFP so taking a risk on a squad player was never the right option, especially with the options we have available. 

You literally have no argument.

We had the money for a loan with Casadei ergo if that's cancelled, we have the money for a loan. Incompetence means we didn't get one

Edited by RyCleary

42 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Game was lost on tactical naivety, Basically Carrick beat Enzo.

Interesting. I too thought Carrick won the tactical battle and it was evident from very early on.

Be interesting to see @StriderHiryu analysis 

I saw Praet debating with the other midfielders after two mins who he needed to press. Whatever boro had done, it was unexpected and our press triggers were thrown. For the next five winks, KDH and praet were all pointing to each other who and when to press until they got the hang. 

Boro took every free kick and throw in super quick for those fist 30 mins

They played long balls into channels to turn our high line repeatedly

They load in a couple of heavy tackles early to unsettle us

They bunched up on Mavididi, sometimes triple marked, not just double. I was mystified by his hook. Was hardly his fault 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Interesting. I too thought Carrick won the tactical battle and it was evident from very early on.

Be interesting to see @StriderHiryu analysis 

I saw Praet debating with the other midfielders after two mins who he needed to press. Whatever boro had done, it was unexpected and our press triggers were thrown. For the next five winks, KDH and praet were all pointing to each other who and when to press until they got the hang. 

Boro took every free kick and throw in super quick for those fist 30 mins

They played long balls into channels to turn our high line repeatedly

They load in a couple of heavy tackles early to unsettle us

They bunched up on Mavididi, sometimes triple marked, not just double. I was mystified by his hook. Was hardly his fault 

I bet they lose to Plymouth. This bloody league does my head in. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

I suppose we could have recalled Soumare from his loan once we knew NDidi was out for a long time.... Not sure that would have been a positive move though.

Agreed. We possibly couldn't even have afforded that though  as we'd have to pay Soumare's wages again. I read he took a massive cut to go to Sevilla 

We objectively weakened the side in January. We had Ndidi go down to injury and then lost Casadei with nobody else come in. This means we're not able to rotate as much as we would wish to do so. It has a knock-on effect.

We didn't need to go mad in January, just a loanee midfielder would've been fine. But we've left ourselves short again.

• Like 1

Such a dumb thing to say for those saying “you don’t hear complaints about this when we don’t lose”…

Of course. If the train’s not delayed, I don’t complain about the state of the rail network. But when it is, the failings of that network are exposed so I do.

Games like yesterday give a glimpse into the price we pay for the shambles running our football operation off the pitch. We might be rich enough in league position and points accumulated so far to be able to pay that price, but don’t kid yourself that those asking questions are overreacting to one result or that there aren’t valid criticisms to be made.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Such a dumb thing to say for those saying “you don’t hear complaints about this when we don’t lose”…

Of course. If the train’s not delayed, I don’t complain about the state of the rail network. But when it is, the failings of that network are exposed so I do.

Games like yesterday give a glimpse into the price we pay for the shambles running our football operation off the pitch. We might be rich enough in league position and points accumulated so far to be able to pay that price, but don’t kid yourself that those asking questions are overreacting to one result or that there aren’t valid criticisms to be made.

Teams will lose games though, regardless of what's actually gone on behind the scenes some on here would still be flapping about it.

3 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

This is a massive factor. There is no cover if winks, Ricardo or kdh is having a bad day. 

Do any teams have cover for their best players? Do we need better depth, yes sure, but they are not going to be like for like replacements. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RyCleary said:

We can't find a suitable loan in a month? Southampton managed it twice in Jan - riddle me that 

The loanee has to be as good or better than we have for a particular position we really need one for. Just because Southampton loaned players doesn't mean that they'd be suitable for us, it's irrelevant. There's no point in loaning for loaning's sake just to collect shiny things and keep a few supporters happy. We've already got too many earners at the club doing very little, that's part of the problem.

Paying out even more wages for little in return is not an option. The time period of a month in a January market that is renowned for little value is also irrelevant. It could be 6 months and if they've looked and can't find a suitable candidate then it's best to keep your hands in your pockets. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Not really mate, look how cooked our central midfielders are, a bit of squad depth would have helped, which we have evidently lost.

Absolutely no-one was thinking this after we battered Stoke and the last time it was mentioned was after we lost to Cov.

There's more than enough squad depth to cover the odd injury.