Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Not strengthening the team in January

It would mean wholesale changes if we do somehow manage to get promoted. "Can't believe I'm say that when for so long it looked like we were running away with it. But there wouldn't be a raft of new players because there's no money, apparently.

8 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I mean huge injury list... Needed reinforcement and didn't get it even before Casadei left, as it is we're lighter than we were. 

Look at the difference though between the women's team and the men. Women's team look like getting drawn into a relegation battle, get in two good players in Momiki and Takarada, now pushing for top half, we get no-one in and start slipping to the playoffs. The difference? Rudkin doesn't have his slimy little paws on the women's team. We supposedly have high ambitions but we're letting a jumped up youth coach with no skills beyond brown nosing run us into the ground 

To be clear, I agree we needed reinforcements but we also know how s*** this board is. Point is, the calibre of player left means that we should still be steamrolling the league.

• Like 1

Just now, dmayne7 said:

To be clear, I agree we needed reinforcements but we also know how s*** this board is. Point is, the calibre of player left means that we should still be steamrolling the league.

I agree but ultimately Wilf, Ricky and Praet all have bad injury records, the need for another body in the midfield was obvious even before Casadei left 

21 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Agreed

But we are playing a certain style and need a certain type of player

It's on the manager if we don't do it as much as it's on the DOF

I can’t disagree with that I think it’s 6-of-1 half a dozen of the other. We were not really in a position to make widescale changes, so it’s on the manager to not blow it by switching up the style if we don’t have the players to play the way he wants yet. But he absolutely refuses to change, and that concerns me massively. 

Edited by cityfanlee23

37 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Our team is more than good enough to get promoted as it is. We’ve spent 75% of the season talking about “how the hell did we get relegated with these players” 

Our bench players would get into most of the championship teams. Our squad could maybe do with a bit of balancing, but overall there’s no excuses for not being promoted.

Let's have it right, we only have a few players who are Premier League standard, and even then you're only talking bottom half.

KDH (just about - he's one footed af) 

Winks

Faes

Justin

Ricardo

Coady

Ndidi

The rest are either shite, past it, unproven or top half Championship standard.

In the areas that matter, centre back, out wide and upfront we are seriously lacking in proven quality and end product.

Enzo's tactics caught many off guard in the early season and masked the weaknesses in our squad. The lack of strengthening in January is a huge risk that the club took. 

Edited by EnglishOxide

This is why. Rightly or wrongly a football team, because the differences are so small at the elite level, can't do the same thing constantly. It needs the minor adjustments that a churn of players gives you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EnglishOxide said:

Let's have it right, we only have a few players who are Premier League standard, and even then you're only talking bottom half.

KDH (just about - he's one footed af) 

Winks

Faes

Justin

Ricardo

Coady

Ndidi

The rest are either shite, past it, unproven or top half Championship standard.

In the areas that matter, centre back, out wide and upfront we are seriously lacking in proven quality and end product.

Enzo's tactics caught many off guard in the early season and masked the weaknesses in our squad. The lack of strengthening in January is a huge risk that the club took. 

Having that amount of premier league quality and a raft of top championship players.

Vestergaard 

Vardy 

Iheanacho 

Daka 

Albrighton 

Hermansen 

All of those would get into the top 3 teams in this league. Need I go on? 

You’ve made a really convenient case that because of Enzo’s genius we masked flaws, but when it’s not going so well during games throughout the season it’s because the players are weak and we needed to strengthen. Enzo when we win, players and board when we lose/throw points away. 
So many games this season we’ve been below par for large parts of the game but our sheer quality at this level has seen us through. 

In reality, the main issue is we have a VERY strict way of playing that most of our squad are obviously not competent enough to play and see games off. Yet we continue to adopt the same style, and if plan A doesn’t work, Plan B is pretty much the same footprint but we try to do it better. 

Not even getting a replacement for Butch Casadei was a big oversight in January. Ndidi has a history of injuries and Dennis Praet is made of balsa wood. The addition of a new face just helps morale anyway. ALL of our rivals did it and all of their new signings have had a positive impact on their  results. Our options on the right hand side of midfield, without Ndidi, Butch, Sicknote Den, Ricky P and even Alves is a player who Enzo signed as a RW and now doesn’t really trust in either position in Yunus. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

No lmao... We didn't and don't NEED anyone. They'd have been a bonus. 

You can’t lose a player to a 3 month injury, and lose his replacement (Casadei) in the team, and not replace either of them, it was madness, as plenty of us said at the time. 

It stinks of this bizarre entitled winging it attitude the whole club seems to have. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

You can’t lose a player to a 3 month injury, and lose his replacement (Casadei) in the team, and not replace either of them, it was madness, as plenty of us said at the time. 

It stinks of this bizarre entitled winging it attitude the whole club seems to have. 

We didn't lose because we don't have the personnel. 

Still don't think it's players we need.

Enzo ball when it works is great when it don't we struggle. Lack of plan b is our problem.

That and playing so slow all the time. Ffs alter our speed instead of letting teams fall back into two banks of four all fvcking game every game.

5 hours ago, ealingfox said:

This is why. Rightly or wrongly a football team, because the differences are so small at the elite level, can't do the same thing constantly. It needs the minor adjustments that a churn of players gives you.

I think I remember Sir Alex saying something about how important refreshes were.

2 hours ago, sylofox said:

Still don't think it's players we need.

Enzo ball when it works is great when it don't we struggle. Lack of plan b is our problem.

That and playing so slow all the time. Ffs alter our speed instead of letting teams fall back into two banks of four all fvcking game every game.

I think is an element of both, its important to reinforce, prevent things going stale etc.  Of course also to help a manager fix weaknesses he has identified.

But I have of course also been critical of some flaws in the way we setup, letting teams regain their defensive shape, not having a radical plan B, lack of urgency going forward, that sort of thing. (pretty much what you saying).

3 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

We don't have anyone fit to play the Ndidi role?  

What part of the ndidi role are you referring to, and who, available, and at a reasonable, affordable price, could we have got for it? 

This isn't fifa. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

18 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Groundhog day in the LCFC inner circle! 

You would think they would have learnt from last season. 

They just make the same mistakes over and over again.