Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

4 minutes ago, pkonline said:

I can't see it being more than 6 points. 

The rules are made up as they go along, and already most clubs have realised this isn't the way to solve the bigger issue of financing.

So far it has felt that the points have been engineered to be enough to just not get relegated.  In both Forest and Evertons case, i imagine they were all shitting themselves when both hit really bad form. I can't see luton getting enough to send Forest down now, and i cant see Burnley winning 2 on the trot. 

So it begs the question do they try and do the same next season? They will be hoping that we even shit the bed from the start so a 3 points makes no difference anyway, or we do what Everton did and have a great start and hit us with 6. 

• Like 1

It's worth remembering that we'll be receiving payments for Fofana, Barnes and Maddison for some time yet and the full fees won't have offset losses to this point so the ongoing situation isn't as bleak as it might seem.

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Not completely sure about that 

we have players to sell who won’t leave because they’re running their contracts down to leave on a free. To argue that we should sell assets to cover the shortfall has to take that into account.  I suppose it depends if we really did have offers for players in summer 22 and Jan 23 that we knocked back. 

But we didn't manage to sell a single one of them and yet that must have been part of the future forecast in the business plan at some point, especially after the summer of 2021. We knew we were pushing things to the max.

We were never going to comply without doing so, I've cut the figure so many ways and 22/23 we'd have needed to move on Tielemans, Maddison, Soyuncu + Fofana and got top 10 whilst not paying Rodgers off.

There were also a number of other transfers we either rejected or the player rejected which doesn't help our cause either.

Wages scuppered us every way you look at it and we were the causation of that to begin with.

5 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Yeah, but they will/have been punished for the period(s) in which they broke the rules as will we. I don’t think the measure of sporting advantage is restricted to the effect on two other teams. If the whole division has been at it then that’s a different consideration. 

Yes no I get that it's just if they are looking at it as they both broke the rules but they broke the rules and stayed up so got an advantage from it whereas they broke the rules but went down so didn't get an advantage so might get 4 points rather than 6 for example

56 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

It's worth remembering that we'll be receiving payments for Fofana, Barnes and Maddison for some time yet and the full fees won't have offset losses to this point so the ongoing situation isn't as bleak as it might seem.

We won’t be receiving those payments; Macquarie will. City have taken loans against all three of these transfers in order to receive money up front.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Yes no I get that it's just if they are looking at it as they both broke the rules but they broke the rules and stayed up so got an advantage from it whereas they broke the rules but went down so didn't get an advantage so might get 4 points rather than 6 for example

李叶的爸爸经常在外面,很少在家。李叶的妈妈是 个很好看的女人,她有很多朋友,每天都和朋友一 起玩。李叶的爸爸妈妈都很,他们没有时间理他 们的女儿。还有,李叶的妈妈好像一点也不喜欢李 叶,她觉得李叶一点也不详她。李叶出生以后,她 就告诉家里的阿姨:“如果你们想让我心,就不要 让我看到这个孩子。”所以,李叶很少能见到她的爸
爸妈妈。

😉

3 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

李叶的爸爸经常在外面,很少在家。李叶的妈妈是 个很好看的女人,她有很多朋友,每天都和朋友一 起玩。李叶的爸爸妈妈都很,他们没有时间理他 们的女儿。还有,李叶的妈妈好像一点也不喜欢李 叶,她觉得李叶一点也不详她。李叶出生以后,她 就告诉家里的阿姨:“如果你们想让我心,就不要 让我看到这个孩子。”所以,李叶很少能见到她的爸
爸妈妈。

😉

Thats what i thought as well

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

爸妈妈。

😉

?

On 03/05/2024 at 13:12, Hamilton Fox said:

The irony that our balance sheet is in a better position than Leeds is lost on everyone which makes these rules even more annoying

Really? Is that the case? That’s madness - how are they not in breach as well? 

36 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I think it’ll start on -10 and we will get it down to -8. They seem hell bent on really punishing us 

No chance the appeal commission already stated 10 is too much as you only get -9 for going bankrupt.

• Like 1

Just now, Nolucklcfc said:

Sure Percy said it’ll be double figures 

The justification by the appeal panel for reducing Everton 10 point deduction is in black and white and has been published.

They have set the bench mark, not a chance it's double.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

The justification by the appeal panel for reducing Everton 10 point deduction is in black and white and has been published.

They have set the bench mark, not a chance it's double.

Hopefully your right 

5 hours ago, Basildon Fox said:

Where ours differs is that we have potentially breached because of not getting a Champions League place 2 seasons in a row and this is why we want more clarification on potential breaches by Man City and Chelsea.  If it is found that they are under investigation during that 2 season period then we have a major case of being cheated in the first place and the knock on effect has caused us to breach and in effect then cheat too.

The Premier League will not want to upset the big boys so it will be interesting to see whether we can prove it.

This is why the club said in one of the statements that they wanted to have everything in the open but couldn't.

The Premier League have made a rod for their own back with the Everton case - they tried to deduct a full 17 points from Everton and were only able to make 8 stick. They now HAVE TO sanction Manchester City - AND it has to be seen to be harsher than that which they tried to give Everton. They HAVE to expel them from the league. No choice. At all.

And that case has to conclude before ours is heard. It is beyond absurd to expect a case to go ahead when the mitigating circumstances in that case are unresolved. 

It's amazing that in trying to prove they don't need an independent regulator, they've literally proved that they need an independent regulator.

They've proved themselves incapable of governing the game fairly, incapable of implementing their own rules fairly, and incapable of holding industrial cheating to account.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

This is why the club said in one of the statements that they wanted to have everything in the open but couldn't.

The Premier League have made a rod for their own back with the Everton case - they tried to deduct a full 17 points from Everton and were only able to make 8 stick. They now HAVE TO sanction Manchester City - AND it has to be seen to be harsher than that which they tried to give Everton. They HAVE to expel them from the league. No choice. At all.

And that case has to conclude before ours is heard. It is beyond absurd to expect a case to go ahead when the mitigating circumstances in that case are unresolved. 

It's amazing that in trying to prove they don't need an independent regulator, they've literally proved that they need an independent regulator.

They've proved themselves incapable of governing the game fairly, incapable of implementing their own rules fairly, and incapable of holding industrial cheating to account.

Nah, Man City’s will still be years and if it is earlier, it will be a low level punishment of many millions of pounds. It won’t be points due to the special nature of their deviation from the rules. No idea why people try and correlate any punishment under FFP/PSR as there is no grounds for comparing them at all, beyond fan outrage, which is transitory at best.

Man City’s is way worse, but they also have special protections I doubt the footballing authorities have the stomach to fight.

3 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

爸妈妈。

😉

That’s easy for you to say. 

• Haha 1

0 Points / Case dismissed is my prediction.

Our defence will surely be - Man City denied us £100m+ in Champions League revenue. Our case cannot be heard first because their breach caused ours. 

I think we’ll go hard and threaten to put the whole thing into the public domain. 

They will sh!T themselves that they’ll either have to answer those awkward press (and possibly govt) questions, expel MCFC from the league, or drop the case against Leicester.

They’ll take the easy route.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1