Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Nah, Man City’s will still be years and if it is earlier, it will be a low level punishment of many millions of pounds. It won’t be points due to the special nature of their deviation from the rules. No idea why people try and correlate any punishment under FFP/PSR as there is no grounds for comparing them at all, beyond fan outrage, which is transitory at best.

Man City’s is way worse, but they also have special protections I doubt the footballing authorities have the stomach to fight.

There’s a very clear parallel with MCFC’s breaches - the breaches are due to including unnatural / inflated sponsorships etc… It’s cheating to avoid FFP.

FFP would have been breached if they hadn’t introduced a shed load of money into the club through associated parties under the guise of a commercial deal.

Its like us suddenly declaring that we haven’t breached because Ping Kower Ltd have sponsored the match day program for £120m/ season 

1 minute ago, Nolucklcfc said:

When’s it likely to be announced? 

It applies next season, so I guess the grand reveal will be dropped at he most destructive of times (for us) so maybe after getting a drubbing against Arsenal in the opening game.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, 5waller5 said:

There’s a very clear parallel with MCFC’s breaches - the breaches are due to including unnatural / inflated sponsorships etc… It’s cheating to avoid FFP.

FFP would have been breached if they hadn’t introduced a shed load of money into the club through associated parties under the guise of a commercial deal.

Its like us suddenly declaring that we haven’t breached because Ping Kower Ltd have sponsored the match day program for £120m/ season 

It’s false accounting and, not flaunting the rules, so it’s totally different I thought. Could be wrong but thought this was the case!

Considering we don’t even manage the low hanging fruit of bothering to sponsoring our own training ground for a pot noodle and a twix, pretty sure we are small time.

36 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Sure Percy said it’ll be double figures 

He said the recommendation will be double figures. The recommendations from the PL have all been way higher than the actual punishment.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Regarding us not doing stuff - absolutely!! There’s still no defence of Rudkin’s incompetence. 

MCFC’s false accounting, we’d argue, has a consequence of them not directly breaching the FFP rules, which in turn keeps them in the Champions League…. Denying us the spot, which causes our breach.

We’re in the unique position to argue that as we were 5th. We should go very hard and very aggressive on this line of attack imho. 

I hope this is the line of attack/defence we offer with vigour, just find it hard to believe those rotten bastards would have any truck with it.

Edited by Dahnsouff

On a normal season (not this one) it takes say 35 points to avoid the drop.  So if a 10 point deduction then we need 45 points.... that's like a Fulham. 

Enzo needs to stop being pep and figure out where to find 45 points.... that's his target.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

I hope this a line of attack/defence we offer with vigour, just find it hard to believe those rotten bastards would have any truck with it.

Entirely agree .... I think if we go hard enough within the process (and outside of it threaten to expose the inequity / involve the press / call for independent regulator etc) they'll find a way of dropping the case due to some bizarre and irrational reason.

They're already used to doing this on a weekly basis with VAR so it won't be a stretch!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5waller5 said:

If we get a huge deduction we should actually try this approach for a laugh. **** it.

I just hope they make deductions at the start of the season, everyone knows the crack.

It should be against rules to impose penalties during a season unless it's for something that actually happened in that season (shouldn't be many of these scenarios).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jordan said:

We won’t be receiving those payments; Macquarie will. City have taken loans against all three of these transfers in order to receive money up front.

Yes but the loans aren't income as far as profit/loss is concerned.

9 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Its just the tone of the Percy article - he thinks we are ****ed 

Well we can't spend. Half the players are walking away on free transfers.  Some need to be sold so we don't fail another year. Oh and the points deduction.

I can see why he thinks we are fvcked.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Well we can't spend. Half the players are walking away on free transfers.  Some need to be sold so we don't fail another year. Oh and the points deduction.

This isn't true, we can spend but need to do so in a sustainable way. We probably can't spend until we are no longer an EFL club.

16 minutes ago, sylofox said:

We are and theres still people on here happy clapping because we won a league we got stuck in due to horrendous mismanagement by the owners. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, teblin said:

This isn't true, we can spend but need to do so in a sustainable way. We probably can't spend until we are no longer an EFL club.

We’re obviously going to spend some money when the new accounting period begins on 1 July. The club has no intention of getting relegated again and it knows it will need to spend money to avoid that. 

52 minutes ago, teblin said:

I never understood the efl embargo... where was the due process?  I was sure we could get that overturned 

17 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I never understood the efl embargo... where was the due process?  I was sure we could get that overturned 

We gave them our accounts when we had to and forecast a breach. Not sure what other process there is, we've never denied we were going to breach, we just argued when their ability to do anything kicked in 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dames said:

We are and theres still people on here happy clapping because we won a league we got stuck in due to horrendous mismanagement by the owners. 

Ffs should we have been miserable for the last 9 months?