Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muzzy_no7

Leicester 1-0 Sunderland Post Match Thread.

11 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

I find this place confusing. We’ve all watched a lot of football. Most of us have followed City for decades. How is it some think we will gain confidence from that abhorrent performance?  How can some not see the glaringly obvious?  I would genuinely love to be so oblivious. Play like we did tonight and Hull will tear us a new hole. Play like we did tonight and we might just finish 4th. 

Hulls are for torpedoing and sinking…

There are no Tigers in Hull only in Leicester

& a pint down the local of Everards….

12 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

It is the first time this season that I feel we won’t get top 2. Ipswich look on a different level to us so we are relying on Leeds stumbling.

They still have to play Southampton at home and Norwich, Hull and Coventry away. They are scrapping for sure but they are also just about scraping past poor teams due to their defensive frailties, I think they drop a few more points yet.

A much needed win but I somehow feel more negative than I did beforehand. We were alarmingly bad after the goal.

For a team built and trained to control matches, it’s really concerning how we can’t do that unless the opponents let us.

We look tired and flat. I just hope this win sparks something.

13 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

Has anyone posted a replay of that choudhury tackle at the end? Looked a penalty...

Ref seen him falling before the hands of Chouds…

We have had too many things go against us this season,

about time a major call went our way..

A win is a win is a win…

Now I am off to the bank,I have to pay a man in black

who was looking after my baby this evening..:cool:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With the central midfield being so depleted/ ineffective recently it's ruined any variation in the attack. The games where we've come out and scored 2/3 goals in 10 mins have come from rapid change in where the attack is channeled through.

Silver lining of Ndidi being back might help us unlock an option through the centre again.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Thing is though mate I don't remember us testing the keeper once we went 1-0 up? As soon as we get the lead, we retreat into our shell.

Probably right. We simply don't seize and cash in on our impetus. Did Arsenal go easy on Sheffield United the other day? Nah. Put it to bed!!!

47 minutes ago, TeaMen Tom said:

I was yelling for Maresca to take off KDH. Then I realized they had no one to replace him. I think the lack of options in the mid field hurt them tonight but a win is a win.

Hermansen, Coady, Doyle and Fatawu were good. Vardy got the goal - and no service after that. The rest....ugh. KDH was awful. If he makes a decent pass they probably have 1 and maybe 2 extra goals and we don't have to sweat.

Justin was so bad on the weekend I'd run Doyle back out there again on Saturday. Though maybe he starts for Hamza who probably needs a break? Maresca not being able to play any other style may dictate Hamza being back out there again.

KDH appears to be carrying an injury to me, same as I thought Saturday. He’s defo not 100%, but maybe all we’ve got in that position.

Most would agree that we have a side more than capable of playing a better than we are, we seem to be making it alot harder than it needs to be. 

Playing at the back is clearly the tactic of the manager, else he would be telling them to move the ball faster and for the keeper not to piss about at the back, but he doesn't, so it's clearly a style of play they must work on the training ground  week in week out.

It looks like we going to have to suffer this for the rest of the season. For me end of the season can't come quick enough, it has to be one of most frustrating seasons following Leicester, even the league one season was more enjoyable than this season.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

They still have to play Southampton at home and Norwich, Hull and Coventry away. They are scrapping for sure but they are also just about scraping past poor teams due to their defensive frailties, I think they drop a few more points yet.

Yes they do have defensive frailties but that’s because they play a much more open game. I can only comment on what I am seeing from both sides and they look a much better side in terms of attacking, aggression and spirit.

2 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

KDH appears to be carrying an injury to me, same as I thought Saturday. He’s defo not 100%, but maybe all we’ve got in that position.

Doesn’t look injured to me. Just played crap. For our so-called playmaker his final ball was repeatedly horrific.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hammo said:

With Ipswich doing what Ipswich do yet again, I actually feel pretty low tonight. Let’s face it. We were atrocious and very very fortunate to win against a team that, as the first 15 minutes proved, were there for the taking.

The manager is starting to retreat into his shell with cowardly tactics and substitutions (a la Rodgers), which does not bode well, and this seems to be rubbing off on the players, inducing a negative mindset.

At 1-0 we should have kept our foot down and killed a low-on-confidence, almost fearful Sunderland off… but what we got was this so-called ‘control’ strategy of idling around with the ball at the back, which resulted in lots of sloppy passes (three from Hermansen into touch) that served only to let Sunderland off the hook and allow them back into the game.

Then in the second half our attack was non-existent, with Sunderland coming on strong and being denied two decent penalty shouts.

Yes, I know, we won, and yes, we are still top, but watching this team has become a joyless, nerve-racking experience. I’m fed up of seeing Leicester get complacent and  f*** up their season’s objective on the final day, but if Maresca and the players don’t get their act together, that torturous conclusion could well occur again this May. That’s not being negative. That’s being realistic.

Today’s performance was a result of previous 3 losses. It was just about the result today, if we lost tonight, our chances of automatic promotion seriously diminished, the 3points tonight give us some breathing space to recharge our promotion charge.

7 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Never felt so meh after a win

im sorry I don’t buy into what he’s doing, I just dont

I echo that my friend.

I've never liked EnzoBall from day one due to its boring nature when implemented. We are treated to for 97% of any match, a laborious pass fest. (Yes, yes I know why we do it, but it's still BORING AS FU*K to watch..)

I think it's also safe to say unlike Man City who's style Enzo borrows heavily from, we are not anywhere near master's of EnzoBall yet ( it would be interesting if a journalist in the next press conference asked him for a revised evaluation of how close to his idea of 90 to 100% compatencey we actually are?)

Enzo's stubborn inflexibility in wanting passing and control regardless of situation or match time is why we are inviting pressure in the final 10mins (especially when the opposition is loosing and chasing for a draw). 

He's slowly falling in to the '"doing the same thing over and over again and hoping for a different result" trap and it will be his downfall.

For an EnzoBall type of system to truly work it needs a better calibre of player than what we have at our disposal or in truth ever being able to obtain, and even with promotion and realistic investment within the means of our club we won't survive in the Premiership and succumb to the same fate as Burnley if we continue to play the same way.  (Our current performances against inferior championship opponents is testimony to that)

Enzo has to adapt, adjust, and re-evaluate his / the  current playing style, as we have slowly been found out by our opposition. At the moment it's not working, and hasn't been working for the last few matches...

As the league table now shows this and also the videos of the matches we can all rewatch prove this to be the case as well..   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ricey said:

A much needed win but I somehow feel more negative than I did beforehand. We were alarmingly bad after the goal.

For a team built and trained to control matches, it’s really concerning how we can’t do that unless the opponents let us.

We look tired and flat. I just hope this win sparks something.

Games (including the cup) have been thick and fast. I imagine they have been able to do very little at Seagrave, especially with a threadbare midfield. Can actually get a decent session or 2 in before the Hull game and then the International break can't come soon enough. Then, with Riccy back and Ndidi in full fitness, i expect us to be a bit more like our old selves.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

This, Ipswich 6 in a row scraping by dross…. Bristol city the best team of that run…. They’ll lose 3 more this season 

I don’t know what the problems are. Perhaps it’s confidence? Has it taken a battering? 

Let’s not forget Enzo has managed less than 50 games as a head coach….. that’s not a lot of experience at all…. So he is going to hit periods where his philosophy doesn’t work, and he will have to figure out what to do to overcome this. But at this stage of the season, it really is a terrible time to have problems. 

Tonight, we won because Sunderland are shit let’s not beat around the bush, and even then, they had us defending like it was a cup final. 

We’re no longer in full control of games, but I think a massive part of that is down to losing Ricardo and Vesty, they’re a cut above at this level and they make us tick. That ability to break the press with a pass from Vesty, is something we’ve probably taken for granted, but it is back… however, Ricardo isn’t…

If we can get to the international break without losing, we can regroup and reassess ready for the last push, but as it stands, I’m not 100% convinced Enzo will get things right tactically to keep us first…. Perhaps the pressure has got to him a bit? 

I don’t know, it’s going to be a painful last portion of the season that’s for sure.

27 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

How have we been found out? Said it the other day if we've been found out then the other teams must be extremely thick to allow us so many chances, or they assume we'll miss. QPR the only side of the last 4 where we haven't looked threatening at some point 

It's not about us being threatening though is it, teams are getting the better of us. We looked threatening for all of 13 minutes tonight. We've just lost 3 in a row and somehow scammed a win tonight due to Sunderland being managerless and berift of confidence. Our style of play is wearing thin, Hull will press us much more than these did tonight. Let's hope we're ready, because as we all know...there is no plan B. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Probably right. We simply don't seize and cash in on our impetus. Did Arsenal go easy on Sheffield United the other day? Nah. Put it to bed!!!

Tbf I reckon Sunderland are better than Sheffield United! 

6 minutes ago, J.Lisemore said:

It's not about us being threatening though is it, teams are getting the better of us. We looked threatening for all of 13 minutes tonight. We've just lost 3 in a row and somehow scammed a win tonight due to Sunderland being managerless and berift of confidence. Our style of play is wearing thin, Hull will press us much more than these did tonight. Let's hope we're ready, because as we all know...there is no plan B. 

If we could actually finish Leeds and Boro wouldn't of though.

1 minute ago, funkyrobot said:

Tbf I reckon Sunderland are better than Sheffield United! 

I agree.  But by the same token Arsenal are 100000 times better then us at the moment, so it's all relative.

I guess the point being made is we lack any real killer instinct at the moment.