Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muzzy_no7

Leicester 1-0 Sunderland Post Match Thread.

Yeah that was a tough watch but we got the 3 points in the end. Winning isn't always pretty.

At least we didnt give up a late winner or equalizer! Small win in itself.

It's a tough long season and we just need to keep pushing, keep playing our game and focus on the prize. Cliche, i know but it is our reality.

I wish i could be at the games but living in another country makes it hard.

To those singing  chanting, clapping, encouraging the lads keep doing it no matter what as positivity in the crowd will always be the 12th man. 

I appreciate those who turn up to support the lads no matter what (singing or not). 

Keep bringing home the 3 points!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Topman said:

Wasn't his fault really,  KDH is to blame for losing the ball. Hamza doing all he can to put the player off. Shouldn't have got to that position to start with if KDH kept the ball 

Yeah twice he lost possession when all it needed was a bit of clear head and clear thinking. 

I’m in the USA this week so couldn’t. make the trip to the north east and had to follow it on the BBC. Most important thing was to win which we did. Too much over thinking about the detail as far as i can see. It’s long season and we have dropped off but let’s remember how bad last season went. We’ve been top for months and are still there. Remember that . 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Travelled up, paid for a ticket and the coach… stayed in the boozer with the locals. What a lovely place and top people. 

As a fellow ‘dirty northern bastard’, as you all sing, I’d pick Sunderland over Leicester folk any day. 

Top trip place, with top people.

Went Leeds away and was treat by some other or couple like an outsider even though our lasses ticket was between next to them, I’ve seriously debated going away again and even supporting the club (one never said that all my life). 

I’m confused. Are you ditching us to support Sunderland or Leeds?

Either way, all the best. 

• Haha 3

It's annoying that with so many points in the bag, we are still fretting not only about winning the league but even finishing in the top 2. By comparison, had this been last season we'd already be guaranteed promotion with 10 games left - Luton finished 3rd on 80 points last year. 

As for the game, we were great up to the goal (though we again missed 3 out of 4 big chances created in that period), mediocre for the rest of the first half and then truly honking for the entire second half, during which a massively out of form Sunderland team, shorn of their best players, were able to out-shoot us 15 to 1. A win is a win but we won't get away with that kind of rubbish many more times over the remainder of the season, let's be honest. Need to up our game massively as the teams behind us are just not going away. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Leicester as a city will never be near Leeds.  The city, the folk and the atmosphere on a match day is day and night, and I absolutely love City. 

I’ve always been a proud Leeds man but a prouder city fan, but its now full

of lads who just want a name because they make noise. 

Every time I've been to Leeds, it's been closed seemingly. The first time in 1986, we got on a train to Sheffield to find a decent pub. Hopefully things have changed since then. 

Glad we got the win but jesus. It was ugly. Some of our players are badly out of form. Don't know what's happened to KDH and Mavididi. Even Winks was making sloppy mistakes. In fairness to Enzo I think he picked the right team last night, Doyle, Coady and Vardy were all decent. The Championship really is a marathon, we started off at a quick pace but now we're looking over our shoulders and we look f**ked. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Travelled up, paid for a ticket and the coach… stayed in the boozer with the locals. What a lovely place and top people. 

As a fellow ‘dirty northern bastard’, as you all sing, I’d pick Sunderland over Leicester folk any day. 

Top trip place, with top people.

Went Leeds away and was treat by some other or couple like an outsider even though our lasses ticket was between next to them, I’ve seriously debated going away again and even supporting the club (one never said that all my life). 

5 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Leicester as a city will never be near Leeds.  The city, the folk and the atmosphere on a match day is day and night, and I absolutely love City. 

I’ve always been a proud Leeds man but a prouder city fan, but its now full

of lads who just want a name because they make noise. 

What happened at the Leeds game exactly? It’s not clear from your post.

I agree that folk in the north east are great company and I’m glad you had a good time. It’s a shame you don’t like people from Leicester if you support Leicester - I think most of us are pretty friendly. As for the chant, it wasn’t personal - I don’t think your personal hygiene habits are in question. It’s just the kind of thing that football fans sing to each other. It doesn’t mean anything.

Have a safe trip back to Leeds!

• Like 1

A win is a win

But terrible football after we got the lead. Was switching between ours. Leeds and Ipswich games and they were playing some great stuff

Enzo/we won't last 5 mins in prem playing like that

• Like 1

Side Note - ReadyToGo largely say no pen, likely because he did his silly swan dive. You can always tell when the majority of opposition fans say "We would have been fuming if it had/hadn't been given against us"

30 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

It's annoying that with so many points in the bag, we are still fretting not only about winning the league but even finishing in the top 2. By comparison, had this been last season we'd already be guaranteed promotion with 10 games left - Luton finished 3rd on 80 points last year. 

As for the game, we were great up to the goal (though we again missed 3 out of 4 big chances created in that period), mediocre for the rest of the first half and then truly honking for the entire second half, during which a massively out of form Sunderland team, shorn of their best players, were able to out-shoot us 15 to 1. A win is a win but we won't get away with that kind of rubbish many more times over the remainder of the season, let's be honest. Need to up our game massively as the teams behind us are just not going away. 

Confidence is a great asset , the feeling of invincibility with win after win has gone and now looking over our shoulder. Watching Ipswich and their free flowing football is chalk and cheese I'm afraid.

I just don’t u destined hi we look so good for the first 20 or so minutes, drop back and look awful in the 2nd half.

we prove in the first period of the game that we can play really well.

9 minutes ago, Trent Steel said:

A win is a win

But terrible football after we got the lead. Was switching between ours. Leeds and Ipswich games and they were playing some great stuff

Enzo/we won't last 5 mins in prem playing like that

Makes the over the top comments of best Championship team ever seem even more absurd on Radio Leicester .Results have usually been better than performances this season.

We have extended periods of sloppy play, especially when sitting on a lead. Enzo must realise that inviting  pressure on, giving up numerous chances and hoping that one or more don’t go in is beneath what we should expect from this squad in this division. His early season ethos was to stretch and tire the opposition so that we would create good scoring opportunities  particularly in the last quarter of the game but for some reason it’s us that looks vulnerable in this period 

It seemed like there was a clear shift in mindset once we had scored (happy to be corrected, maybe it came later), so very confused why this would be so pronounced as this was not the case earlier.

My fear is that this is confidence, as if its broken now, fixing it during the run in seems difficult.