Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muzzy_no7

Leicester 1-0 Sunderland Post Match Thread.

9 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Just got to the hotel having been to the game - credit to our lot as we made a fair amount of noise considering being up in the sky - I understand some of the negativity as the second half was painful but the boys dug in and ground it out -had we taken our chances in the first half the game would have been a stroll.

my criticism would be Enzo not making changes around the hour as hamza, mavididi and kdh were out on there feet- a win is a win and Vardy yet again winds up the mackems - at the final whistle behind the goal and heading down the tunnel - he’s a legend and still has it although he looked out on his feet after an hour too !

same again on Saturday ugly but 3 points will do!

I’ve been on the mackems forum and not too many say they deserved anything. Also most agree no penalty. Too obvious he threw himself. 

• Like 1

Thank Fuch for that hopefully we’ve broken the losing hoodoo and will win out remaining fixtures, but WTF is it with Ipswich the Fuchers have the luck of the gods behind them ffs everything they touch turns to wins lately!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We looked Leggy the longer it went on and that should'nt be.

They targetted Winks getting 3 around him when we passed to him and then they won it back.

We won't be that lucky in other games.

Fats was MOTM for me though Hamza , Mav, and Yunus, Vardy all done ok

47 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Just got to the hotel having been to the game - credit to our lot as we made a fair amount of noise considering being up in the sky - I understand some of the negativity as the second half was painful but the boys dug in and ground it out -had we taken our chances in the first half the game would have been a stroll.

my criticism would be Enzo not making changes around the hour as hamza, mavididi and kdh were out on there feet- a win is a win and Vardy yet again winds up the mackems - at the final whistle behind the goal and heading down the tunnel - he’s a legend and still has it although he looked out on his feet after an hour too !

same again on Saturday ugly but 3 points will do!

Your right but At present we have no midfield cover….

Chouds has played too many minutes in those legs,but he has put in 4

shifts in,in 4 games.

I reckon al our AMs are playing through injuries,plus those that are out..out!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

People need to stop using Ipswich as a stick to beat us with. 

Tonight was about getting win, no matter what. We did that. We dug in and didn’t concede a late goal. It was good to win ugly a bit, something we’ve struggled with. 

its about navigating this wobble without the wheels coming off. Tonight’s the first step 

I get what you're saying, and there was some good defending in there.

If we're honest though, we made all of the same mistakes that have led to late goals in the past few months. The only difference is that this time we didn't get punished.

50 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Thank Fuch for that hopefully we’ve broken the losing hoodoo and will win out remaining fixtures, but WTF is it with Ipswich the Fuchers have the luck of the gods behind them ffs everything they touch turns to wins lately!!

Not luckk of the gods, if you watch them, they are not content with possession. They are fast and ruthless when attacking, and are not happy with 1 goal. Forget league posistions, currently them and leeds look threatening, its sad as our football at times is beautiful in the build up. We just lack the killer instinct in front of goal 

Edited by Headcase
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Choudhury is a very lucky man. 

Idiotic thing to do right at the end. I'd be fuming if that happened on our player. 

Wasn't his fault really,  KDH is to blame for losing the ball. Hamza doing all he can to put the player off. Shouldn't have got to that position to start with if KDH kept the ball 

1 hour ago, Guppys Love Child said:

I echo that my friend.

I've never liked EnzoBall from day one due to its boring nature when implemented. We are treated to for 97% of any match, a laborious pass fest. (Yes, yes I know why we do it, but it's still BORING AS FU*K to watch..)

I think it's also safe to say unlike Man City who's style Enzo borrows heavily from, we are not anywhere near master's of EnzoBall yet ( it would be interesting if a journalist in the next press conference asked him for a revised evaluation of how close to his idea of 90 to 100% compatencey we actually are?)

Enzo's stubborn inflexibility in wanting passing and control regardless of situation or match time is why we are inviting pressure in the final 10mins (especially when the opposition is loosing and chasing for a draw). 

He's slowly falling in to the '"doing the same thing over and over again and hoping for a different result" trap and it will be his downfall.

For an EnzoBall type of system to truly work it needs a better calibre of player than what we have at our disposal or in truth ever being able to obtain, and even with promotion and realistic investment within the means of our club we won't survive in the Premiership and succumb to the same fate as Burnley if we continue to play the same way.  (Our current performances against inferior championship opponents is testimony to that)

Enzo has to adapt, adjust, and re-evaluate his / the  current playing style, as we have slowly been found out by our opposition. At the moment it's not working, and hasn't been working for the last few matches...

As the league table now shows this and also the videos of the matches we can all rewatch prove this to be the case as well..   

i agree with most of your sentiments, but I’m sure we can both acknowledge the good work enjoyed he’s done, the position he has got us to and be desperate for him to succeed.

All that said, to be successful in the long run i feel he needs to have a more multi dimensional philosophy. I feel that ‘controlling the game’ regresses very often to ‘controlling the ball’ which isn’t the same thing. An unintended consequence is that the style often (usually) suppresses offensive spirit. 

Edited by Jacnah
  • Like 2

Just got back. 

A win is a win but that was an absolute stinking performance. Should've had them dead and buried inside 15 minutes but after that we offered very little going forwards. 

Not seen it back but it looked a stonewall penalty at the end from where I was sat. 

Edit: Just seen the pen claim, goes does like a sack of spuds. Never a pen. 

Edited by Ian Nacho