Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muzzy_no7

Leicester 1-0 Sunderland Post Match Thread.

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

They were dreadful and we were hanging on 

says it all 

poor subs considering how leggy we were last twenty 

Marc for Stephy was screaming out to be made 

It's weird, when Stephy was in form he was getting hooked far more often. Now he seems to be trying to get him back in form by keeping him on. He's been all over the place since that Leeds miss.

2 minutes ago, TeaMen Tom said:

He is showing his limitations as a manager though somewhat in his defense he doesn't have a lot of options especially in the midfield. How many of the current non-starting midfielders do you trust in a game that matters?  The loss of Cassadei is showing up now unfortunately.

Doesn’t have to play this shape necessarily - could play an outright no 10 in Kelechi for example. 

Although I back him on his issue with needing a CM

Look we’re in a bad run of form but we got 3 points somehow. I think and hope this will be a turnaround now in performances and we move on. I don’t care about our poor play, Enzo substitutions, or so and so’s out of form. Move on to Saturday and let’s get behind them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, niyaminski said:

Opinions on their penno shout late on?

Sky Sports had no replays today the twats.

Seen them given. We should never have been in a position where there was a choice for the ref to make. Our game management is crap and the final 3 mins summed that up. Lucky. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

12 months back did we ever think we'd be pleased to see Vesty back from suspension, how things have changed.... (or not) lol

We would have been pressing the club to appeal the length of the ban….and request it be made longer!

• Haha 1

Just now, CosbehFox said:

Doesn’t have to play this shape necessarily - could play an outright no 10 in Kelechi for example. 

He’s drilled them for months to play this way. He obviously doesn’t trust them to play a different formation. 

Most of the personnel have changed but we have the same mentality as the last 1/3 of last season, FEAR.

3 great chances 1st 10 mins and the keeper had next to nothing to do rest of the game.

They are lazy as they don’t kick on anymore when they take the lead.  Just going backwards all the time.

This is totally up for grabs now even though we are 3 clear.

Wont be an enjoyable watch when we should have coasted it with the lead we had.  That’s Lestah!!!

3 minutes ago, ChrisFilter said:

Get Big Sam in. Gerrit forward!

Haha nope. I’m not one of them. I simply find his style boring as ****. I know plenty on here like to pretend they enjoy it but it’s not for me. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

People need to stop using Ipswich as a stick to beat us with. 

Tonight was about getting win, no matter what. We did that. We dug in and didn’t concede a late goal. It was good to win ugly a bit, something we’ve struggled with. 

its about navigating this wobble without the wheels coming off. Tonight’s the first step 

Agree..

After the wobble,a little wibble…

But with International Break,then FA.cup,which means we are a game behind

after this weekend against Hull...

Just now, st albans fox said:

He’s drilled them for months to play this way. He obviously doesn’t trust them to play a different formation. 

Worrying - if you are so wedded to a formation, he’s not going to succeed anywhere as a manager. 

Only have to see how Pep has worked and tweaked Man City tactically 

• Like 1

Happy for the win. We needed it and sometimes it’s what give the players the confidence they need. Another positive is Niddi got some vital minutes under his belt and a clean sheet. Doyle gave us better balance in the left and, finally we get vesty back, which will help with distribution from the back. COYB🏆🏆🏆

• Like 4

Just now, CosbehFox said:

Worrying - if you are so wedded to a formation, he’s not going to succeed anywhere as a manager. 

Only have to see how Pep has worked and tweaked Man City tactically 

Pep has much better players who’ve been playing his formation variations for years.  He trusts them to adjust. Hopefully if we get up then enzo can bed in some alternative structures 

Just now, lcfcell said:

Haha nope. I’m not one of them. I simply find his style boring as ****. I know plenty on here like to pretend they enjoy it but it’s not for me. 

Just don't watch then, there is more to life than football. He won't be here for ever. Go take up a different hobby. We play some unbelievable football and we are a joy to watch. You only have to go back ONE WEEK to see this against Bournemouth. 

Just now, lcfcell said:

Appreciate that. 

Odd 

5 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Saturday they should probably play a back 4 with Justin on the right giving Hamza a rest. But can Justin play that inverted role? And would Maresca ask him to? Based on what we've seen to date, probably.

Edited by TeaMen Tom

29 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Wouldn't last 5 minutes in the Premier League playing like this. For the squad we have and the resources at our disposal, we are playing incredibly poor. Clinging on to matches for dear life week after week.

Spot on, it just seems pointless get promoted with this style of football, but feels like it's too late in season to play any other way !

Edited by southfox66
  • Like 1