Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muzzy_no7

Leicester 1-0 Sunderland Post Match Thread.

Just now, Ricey said:

I'd love to know what Enzo really thinks. For a man that wants total control he must, in theory, be fuming with that second half performance. Whenever we need to control a game as a way of protecting our lead, we can't do it.

I'd also love to know what he really thinks about our total drop in intensity and ambition once we go ahead. Judging by his body language on the sidelines he seems quite happy with it and often encourages the players to calm things down. I can't get on board with that at all. 1-0 up against a poor side in poor form, with our knack of throwing away points late on, you have to go for the jugular in the first half. If we get caught and they equalise, so be it, there is plenty of time left.

I really wish I hadn't watched the end of the Ipswich match. It was a stark reminder of what a hungry, ambitious, energetic and exciting football team looks like.

Yeah it's baffling because the total control philosophy doesn't actually happen as it did earlier in the season so I'd love him to explain the hypocrisy.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Still concerned about Enzo's in game management, after the Bournemouth game I thought he'd have taken confidence of the fringe players being motivated and capable to make their mark in games for us when needed but he's still reluctant to make changes.

Someone else said it, but Hamza looked to be injured and yet he kept him on and it will be of no surprise if he's now out for the weekend.

Hamza could barely run, and 100% his arm goes on the attackers shoulder because he couldn't react quickly enough. After giving every single niggle as a foul for 90 minutes i still cant believe the ref didn't give that. There just aren't enough players that he trusts to play that inverted role, and i wouldn't be surprised if Hamza is our for a little while now.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BertFill said:

Last night Doyle was way more of a threat on the left wing than Mavididi was.

Lots slagging of KDH but I thought Mavididi, especially second half, had an absolute stinker.

I want to see him run at players a lot more, he’s capable of so much more. He does tend to sulk when he feels hard done by when fouled. 

Winks played the worst he’s played all season, he tried to do too much but ended up giving it away too often and putting us in danger. 

The style of play has gone back to making what should be simple passes too over complicated in the name of control, unlike several games ago where they made intricate passing and attacks look easy. 

Tiredness is worse when confidence is low, some of it is psychological. When you invite the sort of pressure we did it becomes exhausting on every level. If we just actually played as we can we might actually be less tired. Sounds odd but it’s true. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I'd love to know what Enzo really thinks. For a man that wants total control he must, in theory, be fuming with that second half performance. Whenever we need to control a game as a way of protecting our lead, we can't do it.

I'd also love to know what he really thinks about our total drop in intensity and ambition once we go ahead. Judging by his body language on the sidelines he seems quite happy with it and often encourages the players to calm things down. I can't get on board with that at all. 1-0 up against a poor side in poor form, with our knack of throwing away points late on, you have to go for the jugular in the first half. If we get caught and they equalise, so be it, there is plenty of time left.

I really wish I hadn't watched the end of the Ipswich match. It was a stark reminder of what a hungry, ambitious, energetic and exciting football team looks like.

I can see what he wants but I think you need to be Man City or have top quality players to make it work consistently and actually look in control. I don't know if it's the back players not playing forward or the 8's, wingers, and strikers being shit at being available for a pass. You watch Man city play and they are constantly rotating positions, dragging defenders everywhere, we pass around but go nowhere. 

That second half was one of the worst I’ve ever seen from a Leicester side, genuinely awful.

I really thought they were gonna be given that penalty at the end. KDH gave the ball away 3 times in the build up to that, he was honking. 

We need to beat Hull by any means possible, then rest up, get Ricardo back for Bristol City, get Ndidi fit etc. 

I’m starting to get worried…

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah it's baffling because the total control philosophy doesn't actually happen as it did earlier in the season so I'd love him to explain the hypocrisy.

How many teams are able to control games at this level though. 

I don’t think any/many can. Seems the nature of this league is that games change flow constantly. 

'Control' (seemingly Maresca's fetish) is NOT sitting precariously and unambitiously on a 1-0 lead.

It is cementing your superiority by going 2-0, then 3-0 up and keeping the ball away from your goal.

That was an option yesterday. That was THE option. Sunderland were awful when we attacked them at the start. More of the same and I'm sure we would have won with ease.

It would be a comfort to hear Maresca admit (despite the win) that he got the tactics wrong - or at least explain why we barely attempted an attack after we scored.

Then I might be encouraged to believe that this does not become his craven default reaction to going a goal up for the rest of the season. Because if it is - and let's face it, this is not the first time it has happened - not only will we all be bored to tears with frayed nerves, but the season will almost certainly end in disaster.

Edited by Hammo
  • Like 1

Surely Enzo didn’t say at Half Time to perform like that in the 2nd half.

There seemed to be no game plan other than wait till they equalised.

I thought maybe we were trying to preserve energy until the last 15 minutes so we didn’t crumble again and then we would go at them but that didn’t materialise and we seemed out on our feet for the whole half.

Something really isn’t right. Worrying.

It's like we're always on the look out for a way to through away a win.

Hamza saw his chance right at the end, lovely little foul in the penalty area.

Unfortunately the Foxes missed out on throwing the game away on this occasion.

At least they tried to throw it away, I suppose..

Half the team are shattered, KDH and Winks are having to play almost 90 minutes every week, sometimes twice a week.

With Casadei going back, Ndidi being out for a while, it's been up to these two and partly Ricardo as well to nurse us through. Hopefully Praet will be back by Bristol City as well.

I've said it a hundred times but I'll say it again, not signing a CM in January was criminal, I refuse to believe there wasn't someone half decent who we could bring in on loan who could give us 30 minutes every other game, like Casadei did.

• Like 1

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

Half the team are shattered, KDH and Winks are having to play almost 90 minutes every week, sometimes twice a week.

With Casadei going back, Ndidi being out for a while, it's been up to these two and partly Ricardo as well to nurse us through. Hopefully Praet will be back by Bristol City as well.

I've said it a hundred times but I'll say it again, not signing a CM in January was criminal, I refuse to believe there wasn't someone half decent who we could bring in on loan who could give us 30 minutes every other game, like Casadei did.

Juan Mata is available ;)

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

****ing hell my heart skipped a beat when Ballard went down. Was never a penalty, but I was waiting for the ref to give it.

That said, Coady got away with a handball. 

Not the kind of thing that 'should' be handball, but PL VAR probably would have given it. 

2 hours ago, Ricey said:

Funny because I was following the Ipswich game on the BBC's live text whilst watching our game and when it was 2 all, at about 80 minutes, they were saying that Ipswich had been poor and Bristol are unlucky to be drawing, they should be winning.

So I guess Ipswich won their game with a good spell in the last 15 minutes and we won our with a good spell in the first 15 minutes. Not sure whats so drastically different between the 2 sides?

Edited by The whole world smiles
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Guppys Love Child said:

??? What, I genuinely have no idea what you are saying my friend 

Your problem…You just don’t have that..

errmmm je nais se pas pourquoi..

tu n’es pas trot vite.