Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muzzy_no7

Leicester 1-0 Sunderland Post Match Thread.

Massively important we just got the win, but f me, that second half was dreadful.

Alarmingly for me is our press, which is non existent. We just let sides drive at us with the ball as we drop deeper and deeper without engaging. Allows opponents to build pressure with no real need for quality.

Thought Coady, Faes and Doyle all had solid games. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Messi said:

The first 15 mins were good. Looked hungry and lively whilst creating plenty of chances - then the usual go 1-0 up and boring football commences. 

The players were always going to be cautious, they've just lost 3 on the spin after putting most teams away this season. You don't just start playing one touch slick football again and flick the switch. Its a mental thing.

Very lucky. God forbid we ever attempted to kill off a game.

That embarrassing free-kick in the 85th minute where the centre backs went up, but we instead passed it in triangles until we gave the ball away and started a few minutes of sustained Sunderland pressure summed up the game for me.

• Like 2

Really poor performance. We’ve scrapped the win. It’s a result, which given the quality of the chasers, is all we need. 

Bad games are part and parcel of a run in. The thing is, Ipswich are having a bad game. Just look at their players, they’ll run and if they do score the determination is something we just don’t have. As a club, we’ve killed that. Well, the people in power have. Apart from Vardy I can’t remember a player giving us that. 

Let’s see what the rest of these games bring. I’ve gone back to not enjoying us and the last 4 league performances for different reasons has massively contributed. Maybe we’ll never get that back until certain people leave. 

• Like 1

Worrying thing for me is, despite the 3 points and a much-needed win, is how leggy we look. Probably be a similar game against Hull but they have far more creativity and goal threats than Sunderland. 

If Sunderland had Clarke playing we're not winning that tonight.

We have to be much better against Hull. Especially just retaining possession. The fatigue we showed just led to us losing the ball and inviting lots of pressure.

The start was brilliant, should have been about 3 up to be comfortable, but we made hard work for ourselves.

Just have to be better against Hull. We'll probably get battered against Chelsea playing like that, too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Torten said:

Probably the worst performance from us that I have ever seen lol

Result is what matters right now though, beat Hull and we're sound.

Also can Ipswich stop scoring please

Not old enough to remember Nils Eric Johanson pumping it long to 4ft 3in Iain Hume?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Onions said:

3 Points, but my God we’re dreadful. 

If Hamza does that challenge against a loud crowd, they give a Penalty 

That was a suicidal challenge from Hamza and there are lots of other questions but at the end of this season we’ll forget the performance. Ipswich fair play lads.