Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muzzy_no7

Leicester 1-0 Sunderland Post Match Thread.

Fvck me, that was a hard watch. 

I’m not a huge Fatawu fan, but he was immense this evening. 

I’d love us to put a really strong boot on the neck of our opponents when we’re ahead, but it doesn’t seem like we have the make up to do it. 

Onwards, and (slightly nervously) upwards 

:scarf: :shutup:

Great first 12 minutes and won the game even though I was already questioning whether it was going to be one of those days

(The next 78 minutes were not so good, but) Sunderland didn't score so a much needed 3 points

Shat ourselves at 1-0 probably as a result of recent fixtures tbh. We came out fantastically and should’ve been 3/4 up.

I get the idea of protecting a lead when we’ve been so fragile but it just didn’t help us at all. Winning tonight is huge though and Ndidi coming back is such a boon.

Fatawu is an absolute gem.

• Like 1

For god sake can we learn how to see out a win? Just a training session practicing taking it into the corner or something?

Or, I don't know, maybe show some attacking intent at 1-0 and put it to bed.

Absolute heartburn of a performance second half. 

We win because Sunderland are crap and the ref is a bottle job in the end. 

• Like 3

Massive relief getting 3 points. That smacked of lack of confidence after our defeats. Let's hope this will lift some pressure and get their heads back on track. 

Getting Wilf back could prove vital, even if Yunus did alright today, particularly first half.

We showed some real fight there and threw our bodies on the line, so that's a positive. The overall performance was really confusing though, they look sometimes as though they're caught in 2 minds about whether to stick or twist and we were just inviting pressure on at the end. We've lost and drawn games we should have won this year though so let's take it and move on 

I was yelling for Maresca to take off KDH. Then I realized they had no one to replace him. I think the lack of options in the mid field hurt them tonight but a win is a win.

Hermansen, Coady, Doyle and Fatawu were good. Vardy got the goal - and no service after that. The rest....ugh. KDH was awful. If he makes a decent pass they probably have 1 and maybe 2 extra goals and we don't have to sweat.

Justin was so bad on the weekend I'd run Doyle back out there again on Saturday. Though maybe he starts for Hamza who probably needs a break? Maresca not being able to play any other style may dictate Hamza being back out there again.

Edited by TeaMen Tom

Only saw the second half, not a pleasant watch, but we needed that 3 points. 

I don't mind winning ugly now and again.

Fair play to Sunderland, what the lacked in quality they made up for with grit and determination. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, funkyrobot said:

That’s never a penalty. As clear a dive as you will ever see. Unbelievable how you can watch action replays of that and say penalty. 😮 

If he’d have made less of it it would have been given.