Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

FA Cup: Chelsea (A) 4-2 Post-Match Thread

8 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Good showing today showed we can comfortably compete with a billion pound premier league team. 4-2 flatters them we were on top in the second half until Doyle gets sent off.

We should take confidence from that

We had 1 shot on target I think and they should have scored 6. Defensively we were a horror show. Good effort from the players but they’ll get battered in the PL if we play that open

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

You must be forgiving him for the last 15 minutes when he genuinely found a Leicester man with 1 out of his last 10-15 passes. Killed us.

He was the only one holding the ball up and who also looked like creating a chance

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

I just can’t understand why we are pretty much always so poor in the first half. Why does it take us 45 minutes to show up every week? 

In recent weeks I think there's been a change where we have been better in the first half then come out a shadow of ourselves in the second halves.

Either way I feel we're yet to see a full performance this season.

• Like 1

We showed guts not to roll over. 

KDH, Winks and Ndidi showed themselves to be capable of playing at PL level. 

Fatawu and Doyle - as you’d expect of young players - these both have potential to play there. 

Faes and Veste are currently playing at their level, neither have the consistency to play regularly at PL level. 

Jury’s out on Mavididi (simply because of the goal).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

If Enzo can sort a defence out at Premier League level then I think we a have a chance of being successful. It's the right idea if you have players to do it. 

Obviously frustrating to lose a big game in the last minute again, its becoming a habit but difficult to argue today.

We have no chance playing with inverted fullbacks and trying to copy pep with the players we have. It’s tactical insanity that sees us give away so many chances every game. Enzo plays a system which for a club our size isn’t sustainable 

• Like 1

Just now, Matt said:

In recent weeks I think there's been a change where we have been better in the first half then come out a shadow of ourselves in the second halves.

Either way I feel we're yet to see a full performance this season.

Yeah come to think of it you’re right of recent performances, but it just feels like we only have 45 mins in us, is accountability/leadership really that low that we can’t show up for half of the game most weeks? 

Then again, we did the same under Pearson for long periods of the season where we would turn up in the second half and we had plenty of leaders under him. 
Strange, unacceptable nevertheless. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Durnerz said:

Most can take a lot of credit for that but much work needed if we do come up. Cracking goal from Mavididi and had to admire Chelsea’s 4th. 

Knew it was deflected as soon as it went in. Came off JJ to make it spoon over our gk like that.

Just now, JimmyC74 said:

Disappointed with Faes especially today.

He's been rubbish for a while. Not a coincidence our best performance recently was against Bournemouth with Coady and Vesty

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

We've played 2 premier league teams and Enzo ball hasn't looked too out of place.

That's a positive. Now we just need to make sure we get promoted.

And buy a new back 3 (pereira will be fine)

VAR be like:

even corrupt fcuks like us can't make that a penalty but let's change the yellow to red:frantics:

the red forced enzo's hand but we had little attacking threat once Mavididi was hooked....good idea putting Vesty up front though:brendan:

3 minutes ago, sycokilla said:

Yes it was a spirited performance today, but I did not think we comfortably competed with them, they were always quicker in transition, speed of thought and execution.

We comfortably competed, but we weren't comfortable if that makes sense?

Guest leatherhead32

proud of the lads, the spirit was there and we had em rocking roll on easter and the last leg run in also nice to see danny drinkwater run on the pitch  shows hes still got a game in him.

7 minutes ago, sishades said:

Really?????? We are a championship team where the gulf between the two divisions is huge. We can hold our heads high as the team gave it their all. The red card killed us but we were not disgraced, they got 2 in injury time including a worldie. The style Enzo wants us to play will give us a better chance of staying up than our rivals.

We should have set up more solid defensively. Should have started Justin RB and stayed there, maybe even got 5 at the back and use the pace of the wingers. Chelsea are a shambles at the minutes and there for the taking defensively especially the goalkeeper. The only reason we got back in it was a lucky and shocking own goal 

• Like 2