Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

FA Cup: Chelsea (A) 4-2 Post-Match Thread

3 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I thought it was a poor performance KDH aside. The defensive slopiness was league two standard and the front 3 were a complete waste of space besides the goal. Ndidi looks a shell of his former self after a bright start. If that's how we perform in knockout games then we aren't getting through the play off semi final.

Wow

• Like 2

I actually thought our wingers really struggled to build on some great work by Winks and especially KDH throughout. 

Very pleased for Mavididi because he was getting some right stick on here. He did look devoid of confidence before that though. Fatawu will either go on to be world class if he sorts his decision making out, or be like every other average winger at teams like Palace that get 3 goals a season. 

• Like 1

Just now, Blackstarr said:

We have no chance playing with inverted fullbacks and trying to copy pep with the players we have. It’s tactical insanity that sees us give away so many chances every game. Enzo plays a system which for a club our size isn’t sustainable 

This is the big Enzo conundrum. 
we know he’d rather put his principles over the club if push comes to shove, so we have to accept that for what it is. 
The problem is, we simply cannot afford the players he needs to make this work, neither can the majority of the premier league would be my assumption, it takes elite players to make this properly functional. Unless the scouting team and Rudkin have some world class transfer gems up their sleeve it simply isn’t going to work and gambling the club on blind faith is insanity. 

It feels like Enzo will only ever be suited to a big club with top players, or a smaller club with a big budget who can afford them. That narrows his options down massively. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

Can somebody explain keeping Daka on and moving Vesty up to striker (they actually did it)

instead of bringing on Nacho and/or Cannon

It really doesn't make any sense to me.  Can somebody help?

We couldn’t make any more subs

Just now, Sunbury Fox said:

Enzo has no clue when we go down to 10. We still try to build from the back as normal but being a man down leaves us limited options to pass out, so we keep turning over the ball near our goal. Just as at Cov, he also took off Mavadidi when surely you need to keep as much pace and running power up top as possible, to give you some sort of threat on the break. We'd have probably lost anyway, but our set up certainly didn't help. 

He goes ultra defensive yet we don't look any more stable. Id rather keep attacking options on. Especially today, even at 10 we'd have got opportunities.

It's amazing how static our defence is.

• Like 1

today was better than i expected although if Enzo needed any proof we need quick centre backs then this was it. Faes and Vesty will need to be replaced ! ricardo and justin can play at prem level. 

in the middle ndidi , winks and kdh can easily make the prem but i fear ndidi and kdh will be off . 

up front you gotta say daka and nacho will be gone and vardy to reduce wages. i do like fatuwa and mavadidi and they could be decent but will be able to afford fatuwa plus 2 centrebacks and possibly 2 midfilders of prem quality ?

3 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

This is the big Enzo conundrum. 
we know he’d rather put his principles over the club if push comes to shove, so we have to accept that for what it is. 
The problem is, we simply cannot afford the players he needs to make this work, neither can the majority of the premier league would be my assumption, it takes elite players to make this properly functional. Unless the scouting team and Rudkin have some world class transfer gems up their sleeve it simply isn’t going to work and gambling the club on blind faith is insanity. 

It feels like Enzo will only ever be suited to a big club with top players, or a smaller club with a big budget who can afford them. That narrows his options down massively. 

I guess Brighton have managed to play the same style without elite players, but they've been a PL team for a while now, so are better equipped to do it than we would be. 

I think the key is having some rapid defenders. But fast defenders who are great on the ball are not cheap.

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

Just now, Ledecestre said:

If it was a red all day why did the ref give a yellow? He was still last man whether it was in or out the box.

Because if it was a penalty it couldn't have been a red card, those are the rules

• Like 3

Generally pleased with that. Was a free hit and thought we gave a good account of ourselves. Chelsea certainly aren't as clinical as other Prem teams but I think the Bournemouth game and this shows how the system can potentially be effective at this level, with some signings. 

Ricardo back in for Hamza will be a big upgrade too. Kick on after the break and get the league wrapped up.

Edited by Number 6
  • Like 3

Guest leatherhead32
18 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Good showing today showed we can comfortably compete with a billion pound premier league team. 4-2 flatters them we were on top in the second half until Doyle gets sent off.

We should take confidence from that

bang on fella

If we get promoted, we need to sign one or two quality CBs to have a chance of staying up. And also need a striker in the summer

Midfield looks already very good at premier league level but we need cover.

If we can't financially do that and manage to get promoted....it will be very tough next season....

1 minute ago, Ledecestre said:

If it was a red all day why did the ref give a yellow? He was still last man whether it was in or out the box.

Because at the time he gave the yellow he also gave a pen. As soon as it was a free kick it's a red. 

Double jeapody rule, pen and yellow for last man, free kick and red. 

So as it was a free kick as ruled by VAR, it's a red all day long. 

1 minute ago, Ledecestre said:

Ref thought it was inside the box

If it inside the box it is a penalty and he only gets a yellow because of double jeopardy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ledecestre said:

Because the ref initially thought it was in the box and gave a penalty, which meant it wasn’t a red card because of the double jeopardy rule. Once it was corrected to a free kick, the double jeopardy rule no longer applied so it was a red.

• Thanks 1

There was that one break late in the game - pretty sure it was still 2-2, where KDH did so well to make the run, streaming down the middle with Justin running down the left, and he stops, and switches the ball to the other side, completely killing the attack.  I remember this because I involuntarily yelled at the screen. It can be frustrating.

Edited by Bats8711
  • Like 2