Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

FA Cup: Chelsea (A) 4-2 Post-Match Thread

An heroic defeat is arguably not bad in the broader scheme of things - the players are mentally and physically tired so a couple of weeks off and less fixture congestion is needed.  

Hopefully this does Mavididi’s confidence a lot of good, and KDH was excellent. Nice that Ndidi also has got almost 90 mins under his belt. 

• Like 2

We didn’t play too badly but you can see who isn’t cut out for the Prem if we go up. 

Just hope the players gain some confidence from that showing and don’t fall apart mentally because it’s another loss. 

Extra time would have been too much, a shame to lose it so late but with ten it was always going to be tough. Thought we defended well until the winner after the red and showed some fight today after a difficult first half.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

Can somebody explain keeping Daka on and moving Vesty up to striker (they actually did it)

instead of bringing on Nacho and/or Cannon

It really doesn't make any sense to me.  Can somebody help?

we had used all 3 substitutions allowed.

Good effort fighting back up until the red.

Shocking defending diving in on Jackson and letting him spin behind for the red. Game over after that. Defense needs a massive overhaul.

Weird emotions overall but first reaction is pride tbh.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

Can somebody explain keeping Daka on and moving Vesty up to striker (they actually did it)

instead of bringing on Nacho and/or Cannon

It really doesn't make any sense to me.  Can somebody help?

Firstly, we couldn't make any more subs.

Secondly, you can always move a defender back again if you want.

1 minute ago, sishades said:

Really?????? We are a championship team where the gulf between the two divisions is huge. We can hold our heads high as the team gave it their all. The red card killed us but we were not disgraced, they got 2 in injury time including a worldie. The style Enzo wants us to play will give us a better chance of staying up than our rivals.

The first half was awful. If Sterling wasn’t so shit on the day, it would have been game over at half time.

We were too open 

• Like 1

If Enzo can sort a defence out at Premier League level then I think we a have a chance of being successful. It's the right idea if you have players to do it. 

Obviously frustrating to lose a big game in the last minute again, its becoming a habit but difficult to argue today.

6 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Good showing today showed we can comfortably compete with a billion pound premier league team. 4-2 flatters them we were on top in the second half until Doyle gets sent off.

We should take confidence from that

Yes it was a spirited performance today, but I did not think we comfortably competed with them, they were always quicker in transition, speed of thought and execution.

9 minutes ago, hebangsthedrums said:

Jonathan Pearce & Martin Keown - the absolute pits.

We did ok overall but let not forget yes they are Chelsea but they're mid table Prem .

Cole Palmer looks like his dad is his uncle too and  if he wasn't a footballer he's be smoking soap bar outside lock up garages. 

It was so annoying - seems jobs for the boys with very little effort put into to research. 

Some of the things I noticed:

- mistaking a Leicester fan for a Chelsea fan when talking about a nervous looking supporter. 

- Big Jan's height being 6ft 3 when he's more closer to 6ft 7

- then the misconception he's brilliant the air.

- the booing of the defender when they were shouting "SHOOOOOOT!" This one got me the most as why would a set of fans boo a player that just scored an own goal - there's no logic in it!

- mixing Ndidi and Mavadidi up quite a bit. 

- Describing Yunus like he's some sort of centre forward when he came on. 

There was probably more I missed. They were horrendous! 

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lillehamring said:

Really pleased with a lot of what we saw today - a lot of guts, a lot of effort and some nice football.

First goals were sloppy defensively, but the sort of goals that will happen playing a high press against a superior team.

Needless to say, the ref turned the game with the red card on a foul that was softer than ten or fifteen challenges on our players that weren't given.

But that performance should give them a real boost - great for mavididi.  Thought KDH and Winks were back to their best and never gave up; good show from Fatawu but his final ball was gash.  I thought Doyle was really good going forward and defensively, can't understand how justin is keeping him out of the team, his error and inability to recover leading to the final goal.  Stolly was terrific as well.  

Can’t see this level of optimism after watching that whole game today.

Blue tints….

But fair enough, it’s all opinions.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

Faes & Vestergaard like the chuckle brothers out there today. Both caused the red card. 

Really enjoyed that otherwise. I miss watching us play Prem sides 

Both of them will get slaughtered week in week out if we get promoted & they line up as our defenders. 
JOKERS