Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

The Wheel of Blame

LCFC are in a pickle and a bind.  

332 members have voted

1. 1. Who's to blame?

• Top?
    • Rudkin?
    • Rodgers?
    • Whelan?
    • Enzo?
    • The EFL/EPL?
    • The fans?
    • Wellens?
    • All of the above?

Blame for what exactly?

not sacking Bodgers earlier that’s on Top

Repeatably signing shit players we would all love to know

Playing like lazy useless overpaid twats, The list is so long I cannot bother to write it.

overpaying players we would all love to know..

overambition that’s probably all of us.

leaving on 80 minutes probably the council.

poor atmosphere shit performances and conceding late goals for two seasons

maybe the list goes on

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Globalfox said:

Blame for what exactly?

not sacking Bodgers earlier that’s on Top

Repeatably signing shit players we would all love to know

Playing like lazy useless overpaid twats, The list is so long I cannot bother to write it.

overpaying players we would all love to know..

overambition that’s probably all of us.

leaving on 80 minutes probably the council.

poor atmosphere shit performances and conceding late goals for two seasons

maybe the list goes on

I take it you're not happy?

• Haha 1

Not sure why Enzo is in the list. 

Combination of senior members of hierarchy and mixture down the chain. 

Top, Rudkin, Whelan, other senior management, Rodgers all need to shoulder some responsibility for the demise we're in. 

They all got enough praise for the good times for 2016 and the years that followed, but the last 2-3 seasons (barring FA Cup win) have been really bad both on and off the pitch. 

You don't go from 'model club' to the shitshow we're in overnight. 

Crucial decisions that should have been made were missed. Opportunities to improve and build on solid foundations after 2016 and European adventures were sorely missed. Not even a 'hindsight is a wonderful thing' issue. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Ask yourself the question, if Vichai was still with us would this have happened?

I think it would have, we were already signing average players for ridiculous prices under Vichai and trying too hard to keep our star players when they no longer wanted to be here (Mahrez).

These were the core reasons that we are in this mess, Top is just unlucky that these problems bore fruit after he took over. Rodgers would have probably gone sooner under Vichai but that would have only delayed relegation.

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Top. Either we need to new investment with a new chairman at the top of the table or an outright sale. 

Is it me or has he been very quiet surrounding the club's situation since his marriage?

Just now, Wymsey said:

Is it me or has he been very quiet surrounding the club's situation since his marriage?

He’s been protected. He made a statement after the closure of the 2022 summer window where we signed no one. And the pitiful statement last summer. 

The reality is, he is surrounded by yes men and women. That is never a good thing. Wishing for Director x or Director y to leave just won’t do it as Top will hire similar (lack of) qualities. 

A rebuild means a rebuild. There are some talented players and professionals at this level. Look at Liverpool who’ve snapped up Hughes from Bournemouth. It doesn’t always have to be a big name. We are a huge name at this level and had the opportunity to reset properly. We haven’t. Buck for me only stops in one place. 

Top was very happy to be interviewed by English TV at the start, now nowhere to be seen in the public profile, Whelan seemingly always has been a quiet one.

I think they both hold blame, but ultimately Top wins out as he is the one with the most power.

It's Top at this point. I don't demand that everything runs swimmingly 24/7 as that isn't realistic, but when you allow a culture to manifest where nobody seems to ever be held account for anything then I have no sympathy.

The day our fans distinguish a difference between Vichai's ownership and Top's ownership will be a good one. It's time our fans collectively face the unfortunate truth.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Everyone seems to think it someone or other, so let's settle this.

Wherein lies the blame?

Come on, if the club can't decide, we can!

In a pickle AND a bind!

Gosh, that isn’t at all cricket!