Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

7 games to go!!!

7 hours ago, Vardy Party said:

Very frustrating how we’ve been dragged into this when it should’ve been all wrapped up now with the point cushion we had but guess that’s the Leicester way.. right 🤦‍♂️  think we get promotion.  50/50 on us or Leeds finishing top. As impressive as Ipswich have been. Norwich away, Hull away, Coventry away think they will drop points. Really tough away games them..

We only got 4 points from those 3 games, Leeds haven't played all three but have 4 points from those 2 with Coventry away on Saturday. Ipswich have the hardest run in playing 4/6 games against top 10 teams.

How important was that Leeds lost turning out to be even though Maresca said it was just a game.

If Daka’s goal was not ruled offside incorrectly, or he took his chance, or we didn’t self implode, we would be 6 points better off against Leeds.

16 hours ago, JimmyC74 said:

Time now for us to put pressure on Leeds and Ipswich with strong results in the next few games and see how they react.

Whoever is most consistent will get over the line. 

Or the most lucky in some cases.

Which technically is our 'game in in hand' when the other teams currently on 40 don't play? Just interested as to when the games played in game week terms evens up.

It's amazing how quickly the mood can switch when teams around you also win, especially winning in the way they both did. It's agonising. I tried not to watch both matches but then the score lines sucked me in. Ipswich's winner brought back some serious PTSD of Allison's winner for Liverpool against West Brom.

Having said that, we are still in better shape than we were before yesterday's matches. We played well, displaying all of the things that we've been crying out for. Even if we haven't gained anything on Leeds and Ipswich, we can hopefully use the performance as a springboard to go on a decent run.

Famous last words, but I think the remaining fixtures suit us. Next up are three teams near the relegation zone, who although they will be fighting for their lives, are down there for a reason. After that we have West Brom and Southampton at home, who are both good sides, but you would think they won't park the bus in the same way that QPR and Middlesbrough did, which could suit us. Preston away could be tough, as they are hard to break down, but they may have nothing to play for. Finally, Blackburn at home, a team which until yesterday had only won once since the 12th December.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Nick said:

Which technically is our 'game in in hand' when the other teams currently on 40 don't play? Just interested as to when the games played in game week terms evens up.

Southampton.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nick said:

The Southampton game, is the game in hand, however Leeds and Ipswich both won't be playing on the 20th when we play West Brom. Coventry making the Semi final has pushed that match back to 30th, meaning Ipswich be the ones with the game in hand from 27th April.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Whilst it's nice to remember what 3 points feels like again and some pisitivity return, the financial issues are going to intensify this week and beyond and how this effects us will be very important.

Not sure if you meant to post the word pisitivity but I think it somewhat sums up the next week or 2, a blend of positive and pissed off 😂 

I have a feeling that the manager and players have possibly already had their mini blip and I would imagine internally the situation regards the PSR breach would have come out a few weeks ago, so not sure this weeks announcement will necessarily affect the players, however as a fanbase we have to use this to galvanise us, get behind the manager and players as motivation. 

The financial mismanagement sits the senior executives and owners, so any frustration, anger and disappointment as to be directed at the right time to the right people, the players, manager and coaching staff are not to blame for the mess we find ourselves in off the pitch, so let’s keep positive and roar the boys home. 

The reaction to Vardy’s goal yesterday was more than enough to show me there was unity, togetherness and a desire to succeed. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

The Southampton game, is the game in hand, however Leeds and Ipswich both won't be playing on the 20th when we play West Brom. Coventry making the Semi final has pushed that match back to 30th, meaning Ipswich be the ones with the game in hand from 27th April.

Leeds play the Monday that weekend. It's just Ipswich who don't play.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Nick said:

As above, this is complicated. Essentially, we won't all be level on games until the final matchday.

• Thanks 1

Sat 6th April - Birmingham - Home -WIN

Tue 9th April - Millway - Away - 19:45 -WIN, just

Friday 12th April - Plymouth - Away - 20:00 -WIN- they are in disarray and nowhere near the same team that played us at the KP. 

Saturday 20th April - WBA - Home - 12:30 -At home, WBA play offs secure, we WIN.

Tuesday 23rd April - Southampton - Home - 20:00 -draw

Saturday 27th April - Preston - Away - 15:00

-WIN, Preston nothing to play for. 

Saturday 4th Map - Blackburn - Home - 12:30 - Blackburn nothing to play for, WIN. 

I initially thought we would only get 16 pts from these but I now think we’ll get 19.

1 hour ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Sat 6th April - Birmingham - Home -WIN

Tue 9th April - Millway - Away - 19:45 -WIN, just

Friday 12th April - Plymouth - Away - 20:00 -WIN- they are in disarray and nowhere near the same team that played us at the KP. 

Saturday 20th April - WBA - Home - 12:30 -At home, WBA play offs secure, we WIN.

Tuesday 23rd April - Southampton - Home - 20:00 -draw

Saturday 27th April - Preston - Away - 15:00

-WIN, Preston nothing to play for. 

Saturday 4th Map - Blackburn - Home - 12:30 - Blackburn nothing to play for, WIN. 

I initially thought we would only get 16 pts from these but I now think we’ll get 19.

Preston could be still pushing for a play-off place. 

Millwall will be tough.

34 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

I genuinely don't think 100 points will be enough this season, that is mad!

Definitely could happen but would mean the top 3 teams in the division positing points totals within the top 10 division 1 totals. It's been a crazy season for the pace at the top!

51 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

I genuinely don't think 100 points will be enough this season, that is mad!

It will be mid to high 90s I think.

For us to miss out on 100 points would mean:

Ipswich W4 D1 L1 (or better)

Leeds W5 D0 L1 (or better)

As good as both have been, this to happen would be close to miraculous.

In my opinion, if we win 5 out of the last 7 and get 100 points, we go up. Realistically, W4 D1 L2 might be about what we need in the end.

Ask me again on Saturday evening.

I think we'll get 15-17pts from these next 7 games, finishing on 100-102pts. I think that'll be enough to get us promoted, maybe not as champions, depending on what Leeds do.

I think 5 wins will get us promoted, Leeds a due a loss and I can’t see Ipswich winning all there’s. We need to win our game in hand 100% if we get play offs I just can’t see us having the balls for it.

I think sometimes it’s hard to analyze because we are too close to the subject. We have our brilliant or awful lenses on, usually depending on our results. 

But with all the enzo out chat, it really does feel a unfair. I do get that he’s made big mistakes but he obviously has a certain way he wants to go about things and if that’s what he feels is right, then it’s his hill to die on. But one very noticeable thing for me, is that the other sides in this league have been outplayed and to enzos credit I could only genuinely give one game where we have comfortably been second best and that was against leeds at home and thats even debateable.

I don’t watch ipswich and leeds every game but i’ve still seen a few where arguably they weren’t the best sides (both this weekend) Now don’t get me wrong, football is about results, win however you can. But i don’t see how anyone can look at us (even after bad losses) and say what enzo is doing is not working. because, the methods have always worked, the application can vary… that’s football, it would be very boring if it didn’t.

We lose when players like kdh has a bad game, or we miss tap ins, but there’s not really been a game where we didn’t create the tap ins.(only really qpr where we didn’t carve huge opportunities)So there’s elements of luck and form that have effected us but overall you can still see what we are doing is working. 

If we play our best we would win every game. i’m not convinced leeds and ipswich would. It might be controversial but I do think overall southampton are actually a better side than the other 2. But similarly to us, if they have a bit of an off day they are less likely to grind out a result than the other 2. Who aren’t afraid to get dirty to win. 

It’s a fantastic race and i wish we had less on the line and could really enjoy it for what it is, 4 great teams slogging it out. But all i feel is stress and these last games aren’t about who’s the best team they will be about who has the mental fortitude to get over the line

Edited by Lambert09