Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

New Kit

14 hours ago, Daggers said:

That is the most depressingly defeatist thing I’ve read on here for a while. Things do change, people make a difference - it just takes a bit of spine. Issues like this are the only things worth fighting over. 

“Fans” like error boy will always be more than happy to stick their fingers in their ears and pretend they can’t do anything or it has nothing to do with them - just like the Geordies who embrace their bloodied hand overlords - happy to watch the ongoing slide of the club into a pool of shit it crapped out itself. 

You stand for something, or you stand for nothing. Don’t buy it, don’t wear it, don’t sanction it. 

Mate, there’s barely anything that’s morally right anymore. Countries forged by tyrants, cities built by slaves, economies boosted by criminal money, and national security by corrupt arms dealings funding other nations wage of terror. 

You can try and live consciously and try to avoid supporting such causes, but you’ll probably struggle…… as I’ve said, nothing is clean anymore.  

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Daggers said:

That is the most depressingly defeatist thing I’ve read on here for a while. Things do change, people make a difference - it just takes a bit of spine. Issues like this are the only things worth fighting over. 

“Fans” like error boy will always be more than happy to stick their fingers in their ears and pretend they can’t do anything or it has nothing to do with them - just like the Geordies who embrace their bloodied hand overlords - happy to watch the ongoing slide of the club into a pool of shit it crapped out itself. 

You stand for something, or you stand for nothing. Don’t buy it, don’t wear it, don’t sanction it. 

Too right

I never really understand grown adults buying football shirts, less so them having names on shirts! It's literally playing dress up like a kid wanting a spiderman outfit or to be a princess.

When it comes to price, while the cost is what, £70?  The cost per wear against that shirt you got from Next or the Polo shirt you hardly wear is actually relatively good...

#ChatShirtGetBanged 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

I don't want to see old ladies from Just Stop Oil chaining themselves to goal posts. 

Depending on how the season goes we may well be cheering them onto the pitch. 

May even come up with a supportive chant for them lol 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Patrick said:

Your comparison was dumb though. Paying £63 for a t-shirt and acting as a human billboard for a human rights abusing company is not the same as buying and using items that are essential in the modern world.

The best thing for those who have such extreme views on Leicester City’s shirt sponsors and equally extreme views of the owners of our club King Power would be to not to support the club. Go and support the much more socially conscious Forest Green Rovers. 

Edited by funkyrobot
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

So foxestalk arguing about a sponsor that may not even be the sponsor.....

No there’s been the same criticism for King Power too. So our current sponsor and owner as well as this potentially made up new sponsor as well. We’ll just have to hope for a multi million sponsorship deal with Amnesty International that will help the club adhere to FFP but appease the critics on here. 

29 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

I never really understand why a grown adult choosing to wear the shirt of the club they support to a match or wherever upsets other grown adults so much tbh. 

It doesn’t upset me, I’m just not a fan of cosplay 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

No there’s been the same criticism for King Power too. So our current sponsor and owner as well as this potentially made up new sponsor as well. We’ll just have to hope for a multi million sponsorship deal with Amnesty International that will help the club adhere to FFP but appease the critics on here. 

Even some of the world's Charity's are a bit dodgy.....in employing workers who commit sex crimes in underprivileged nations...CEO's on extravagant salaries enjoying jetset jolly's and Charity's won't criticize certain wealthy gulf countries who financially support them and have certain members on their board from their countries

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, RYM said:

I never really understand grown adults buying football shirts, less so them having names on shirts! It's literally playing dress up like a kid wanting a spiderman outfit or to be a princess.

When it comes to price, while the cost is what, £70?  The cost per wear against that shirt you got from Next or the Polo shirt you hardly wear is actually relatively good...

#ChatShirtGetBanged 

I bet you are fun at Halloween and Fancy Dress parties 🤣

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

I don't want to see old ladies from Just Stop Oil chaining themselves to goal posts. 

nah, get Danny ward a just stop oil membership and have him chain himself to the post, might concede less goals than he normally does that way

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RYM said:

#ChatShirtGetBanged 

I get that to a degree, although clubs rely on shirt sales as a large part of their income, yes they're expensive, but most of the cost goes into the coffers.

Each to their own l guess.

l have a retro 70s shirt, a 'Vardy 9' top from 2019 & a 'Tielemans' replica top to mark his goal in our FA cup win, and that's it.

They all mean something to me personally, l rarely wear them & never have bought them out of habit or necessity. 

1 hour ago, RYM said:

It doesn’t upset me, I’m just not a fan of cosplay 

Maybe you are upset because you can’t process the difference between a cosplay event and a supporter attending a football match? 

Mrs is from that part of the world and a lot of what she’s shown me, that is pictures and videos of the ‘acts’ the junta have committed, is absolutely horrific. Feels very uncomfortable and frankly depressing we’ve decided on this.

• Like 1

I bought one the year we went down for the first time in decades because I found a 20% code that worked on Adidas and I quite liked the shirt and it had a collar. 

I hardly wore it, a few games at the beginning of the season and a couple at then end when the weather was decent. I wouldn’t consider wearing it casually, it’s just not me. 

I got it because it was on offer but I think I wore it less than 10 times, I won’t be getting another for me personally it’s just not value for money.