Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

New Kit

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Can I nievely just ask what the problem is with them? I'd never heard of them tbh so just looked them up. They just seem to be a Thai petrochemical company. Is it something that they particularly do as a company that you object to or just merely the nature of their type of business? Genuine question. 👍🏻

They are Myanmar's largest corporate investor.

PTT pays around US$500 million per year to the state-owned Myanmar Oil, directly benefiting the military junta who launched a coup against the government.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Can I nievely just ask what the problem is with them? I'd never heard of them tbh so just looked them up. They just seem to be a Thai petrochemical company. Is it something that they particularly do as a company that you object to or just merely the nature of their type of business? Genuine question. 👍🏻

Of course. I didn't really want to let this topic descend into politics etc and I realise that, for me, this is a topic I'm invested in but read the following

World Report 2023: Myanmar | Human Rights Watch (hrw.org)

Myanmar: Thai State-Owned Company Funds Junta | Human Rights Watch (hrw.org)

I think someone else has replied with another answer so I won't repeat it. Maybe they have divested themselves of this link now and if so fair play to them but I'm personally  uncomfortable with these links.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, reynard said:

Of course. I didn't really want to let this topic descend into politics etc and I realise that, for me, this is a topic I'm invested in but read the following

I think someone else has replied with another answer so I won't repeat it. Maybe they have divested themselves of this link now and if so fair play to them but I'm personally  uncomfortable with these links.

Thanks, I'll have a read 👍🏻

4 hours ago, VintageFox73 said:

Comer direct from supplier in China.... I was so dubious when i first got one about 4 years ago, was worried about the quality and sizing like most would. But I ordered one anyway to try and have been doing since ....I refuse to pay £90 or what ever they charge. Delivery is tracked and to your door in 12-16 days , had in 7 before though . They are top quality and I have a nice little customer log 

Could you give me the contact details of your dealer obviously I wouldn’t encroach upon your FoxesTalk turf

• Haha 2

If I remember right, when we signed FBS we actually had a pretty decent value of £10-12m/year sponsorship which was one of the highest outside of the top 6 (the top 6 are x4 even x6).

3 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

It’s worth pointing out that deals like this get done by rubbing shoulders with influential people and inviting them to big games 

And letting them on open top bus parades through the city lol

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Our deal with FBS was apparently worth £10m per season, which wasn't bad for a club of our size. I would hope any new deal would be north of that.

You'd also imagine throwing in a Womens Premier League side sponsorship, training kit deal etc would maybe boost it a little as well

1 hour ago, reynard said:

Fully respect and appreciate your objections to these types of companies; but the amount of money involved in elite sport now the majority of companies/people involved are all with their skeletons and moral/legal issues. They don't get to where they are without them sadly. Which is a real reminder of how shite the world is. 

• Like 2

regarding sponsorship it is going to be interesting that next season is the last season you can having a betting (trading and crypto included) company on your shirts. 

Currently 10 out of the 20 teams have a betting company as their main shirt sponsor. 

• Like 1

Wasn't there quite a long delay releasing the new kit last season? It's almost as though some people behind the scenes might not really know what they're doing 🤔 

3 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Wasn't there quite a long delay releasing the new kit last season? It's almost as though some people behind the scenes might not really know what they're doing 🤔 

Why does the kit have to be released now? Current PL season still has 2 weeks left.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Why does the kit have to be released now? Current PL season still has 2 weeks left.

Makes no odds to me. However, from a business point of view, a lot of clubs release their new kit before the final home game, or at least showcase it on the day in order to generate interest and ultimately sales. Seems like an obvious opportunity missed to me, especially with the title-winning celebrations in full swing.

Edited by Tielemans63

2 hours ago, Itsthejoeker said:

It’s worth pointing out that deals like this get done by rubbing shoulders with influential people and inviting them to big games 

Ah makes sense, so that’s why their 30k employees were all on the pitch at full time on Saturday.

2 hours ago, STUHILL said:

if China are involved, then all our shirts will have listening devices :ph34r:

More moaning than Thai tour sex tape. 

• Haha 3