Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

New Kit

1 minute ago, phoneticerror said:

Clever. I’ll want a memento of the day today, that’s usually when I buy my away shirts. They got £ out of me last season when we smashed Spuds 😂

Il just take one if the corner flags when we are on the pitch. :whistle:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, promised land said:

I have just had a look online, amazing really, but what I found even more staggering is the price, £63 down to £25, at that and with the extra patch stuck on they will be making a profit.

Goes to show how much it costs to turn out cheap replica looking shirts in the far east.

amazing isnt it...its almost as though the club is trying to profit from its fans  (say no to $25)

1 hour ago, S1DDO said:

How much are we expecting for the new one? £75? £85?

$20 online

12 minutes ago, reynard said:

Really hope this is wrong. Not a company I'd like us to be connected with.

I hear you but football has become intrinsically linked to millionaire/billionaire individuals and organisation with direct or close links to Governments and Monarchy.

It's a pretty tough to swallow how these sausages are made though, granted.

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

You won’t find many companies affiliated with football in this day and age that are morally clean. You don’t become a billion £ enterprise by constant do good-ing. King power themselves will have a closet full of skeletons. It is what it is. 

I fully understand all of this. Sometimes though I think you need to set a precedent and start to stand up for things that really matter in the world and football is not really one of those things. I'm sure most people couldn't care less who the club has a shirt sponsor and that's fine but for me I wouldn't buy a shirt with their name on it. And that's the crux really isn't it? As fans we can't stop what shirt sponsors we have but we don't have to buy them, especially if the sponsors go against our own ideas of decency.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Kit itself I like. Sponsor not so much. I guess we’ll see in 2 hours

The look of it or what the company are themselves? I don’t think the sponsor looks bad but obviously not ideal what there involved in but every other team seems to do it and we need the funds granted if we wasn’t in this position I wouldn’t be so pleased! Not sure if we will even wear it today?

6 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

20240504_094651.thumb.jpg.f45da60c960cd86139aff4f4c28ab8be.jpg

Actually looks decent in that render. I thought the two-tone blue looked a bit like a training shirt in the previous leak. But if it looks anything like that, I'll be quite happy.

I'm not exactly on board with advertising a fossil fuel company but aesthetically the sponsor looks a lot better than FBS.

7 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

It’s worked on me. I’m after the orange kit today 😂

Is the 25% off today actually a thing?

When the app was downloaded before the fixture today, further discounts supposed to be available...not seen how to get said discount myself as yet. 

Anyone have any idea?

6 hours ago, reynard said:

I fully understand all of this. Sometimes though I think you need to set a precedent and start to stand up for things that really matter in the world and football is not really one of those things. I'm sure most people couldn't care less who the club has a shirt sponsor and that's fine but for me I wouldn't buy a shirt with their name on it. And that's the crux really isn't it? As fans we can't stop what shirt sponsors we have but we don't have to buy them, especially if the sponsors go against our own ideas of decency.

The problem with this is, weee now under pressure financially. Every club of our size is, and a lucrative sponsorship deal can really host the financial position of the club. Unfortunately no club wanting to be competitive in this current climate would ever refuse a sponsor based on moral beliefs, unless the link to widespread atrocity was so obvious that the deal would cause you more harm than good. It’s the modern game, it’s corrupt to the very core.

1 hour ago, peterborofox said:

When the app was downloaded before the fixture today, further discounts supposed to be available...not seen how to get said discount myself as yet. 

Anyone have any idea?

No idea. The queue at the store was ridiculous so I didn’t go in. Dodged a bullet because the most recent photos of the third kit look deceptively nice on the website. But seeing people wearing them today… absolutely vile 😂😂

3 hours ago, Pliskin said:

The problem with this is, weee now under pressure financially. Every club of our size is, and a lucrative sponsorship deal can really host the financial position of the club. Unfortunately no club wanting to be competitive in this current climate would ever refuse a sponsor based on moral beliefs, unless the link to widespread atrocity was so obvious that the deal would cause you more harm than good. It’s the modern game, it’s corrupt to the very core.

I agree. The club will take the money. But fans could still boycott a shirt if they don't approve of the sponsor.  I know they won't but it is is things like this that fan power can make a difference. It isn't only the club that can have a moral backbone.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, reynard said:

I agree. The club will take the money. But fans could still boycott a shirt if they don't approve of the sponsor.  I know they won't but it is is things like this that fan power can make a difference. It isn't only the club that can have a moral backbone.

I haven’t purchased a shirt for years! For the reason I won’t pay over the odds for a bit of fabric! But like you say, they will still sell thousands of them!

• Like 1