Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

What is the objective for next season?

Like what what are hoping to achieve now that we are in the Premier League, to fight, stay up and avoid relegation? Challenge for European spots? Challenge for cups and titles? Continue where we left off? A little bit of both, perhaps?

Depends on what our point deduction will be, and also what we can or are allowed to spend. 

I suspect that behind closed doors, it will absolutely be about survival next season and then build from there season after and try to break the top 8 again.

Lots of work to do in the transfer market just to be competitive next season. 

I think with the potential restrictions on spending and possible points deduction, it's got to be survival.

If we can do that and also bring a couple of the youngsters through to the main squad (I'm thinking Braybrooke, Alves and Nelson initially) I'll be happy. 

If we have still got Maresca and play our game, maybe bring in one or two of his chosen signings, there's a good chance we could do well next season but it's a bit of an unknown at this point.

Posted (edited)

17th and a decent cup run

Next season is going to be all about just staying in the league whilst trying to sort out and deal with the financial issues

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, davieG said:

Avoid relegation on minimal clever spending to build up a financial resource to move up the league season by season.

this but we know some idiots will think we should have top 10

To see if I can get 6 pints in before kick off and 3 at half time.  This season I only managed 5 before the game and 2 at half time.  It will mean missing kick off though, and another 10 mins of first half when I go down early

Just now, RoboFox said:

Next season is going to be horrendous. lol

As long as we can beat, the lower midtable teams 12th - 16th and teams around us, I think we will be fine, it will be a bonus if we can get any positive result against teams in the top half.

• Like 1

Obviously staying up will be seen as a successful season but I do think we need to aim higher, some good additions and with Enzo way of playing with it he can work out a good plan b could easily see us around mid table, I don’t think there will be a great deal in quality between us and teams up to about 9th

6 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

this but we know some idiots will think we should have top 10

If we don't win the league, fire everyone!!!!!! 

"If you're not 1st, you're last!!!"

• Haha 1

When you consider a possible 10 point deduction, you've gotta accept 17th place to be honest! And a slow but sustained improvement across the next 5 years with a push for Europe. That's the dream at this stage with the money in the league!