Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

What is the objective for next season?

17 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

A good season for me consists of three things:

- Survival

- A cup run 

- A style of football that doesn't make me want to gouge my eyes out

You’re gonna need to dig really deep by the sounds of it. 

• Haha 1

Working on the basis of a six point deduction, we need 44 points, as 38 is most likely enough. So to answer your question specifically, the following playing record

P38. W12. D8. L18. PTS 44 (-6=38)

We have to draw with teams like Brighton and Wolves. We have to beat the likes of our fellow promoted teams and Forest. And obviously we have to do the double over appalling teams like Manchester United.

Priority should be on recruitment and to give Enzo all the tools he needs.

Also for Top to get the support he needs in the back office. I don't know if Rudkin is a problem or not. But it seems to me all has not been great.

The finances, cases against the club, etc need to be dealt with.

Personally, I see stadium expansion as important over the 2-3 year horizon.

I don't agree with having any particular target league and cup wise. There are too many variables, too many ifs and buts. Put the building blocks in place, see where it takes you.

38 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Next season is going to be horrendous. lol

Unload some big earners, Enzo to carry on learning and the club to remember the blueprint that we used to use, the one that found unknown hungry players. 

11 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Beat Derby’s low total firstly. 

This is lingering in the back of my head if somehow we do get some ridiculous punishment then we're gonna end up breaking this aren't we?

Forest gonna love that. 

Some banging tunes to replace 'Straight back up' and 'Enzo went to Europe'.  Would like to see the support we got from the fans in the final few games. Was brilliant at times.

Anything else a bonus. Enzo or not, we are going to be on the end of some hammerings, especially when you look at how good teams like Palace have become. Taking points deductions into consideration, anything 17th or above should be considered a massive success

Aside from staying up?

I think our wage bill will be in a much better position than 2 years ago so key is signing players on reasonable wages and managing the players on our old salary structure.

I still think the mentality can be a bit Rodgers-esque at times perhaps we think we are bigger than we are.   So a bit of humility and Pash-un 

I don't think I've ever been so laid back about a season in my life, its a bit of a free hit (I'm expecting massive backlash from this 🤣

Every man and his dog will have us to go straight back down, even before taking into the points deduction that's coming our way, so I would snap your hand off for 17th 

Avoid relegation next season then maybe look at building towards back to where we were, slowly and hopefully having learnt the many lessons from before 

Take risks in the transfer market that won't cripple us like the last 2-3 years have, look at leagues elsewhere that no one really delves into, Brighton have done it tremendously, we used to, why can't we return back to that sort of scouting

More then anything I want to be able to feel after 90 minutes every week in the prem that the players have given everything they can, played their hearts out and genuinely care, give us that and it goes without saying we can forgive inevitable losses that will come our way 

• Like 1

I think we'll be fine if we maintain a positive atmosphere.

We're doomed if the fans/board/playing staff/coaching staff are against each other like we were between 2021 and 2023.

A good summer is vital. Bring in a few quality additions that can bolster our squad. Keep hold of the likes of KDH, Ricardo and Fatawu.

I think we could really do with finally signing a good striker though. Someone who can get us 10 goals.

Depends on what sanctions we receive, so I’m not expecting much . Just staying up would be amazing & I think the next year will & should be about financial stability as a club .

If we can’t stay in the division then let’s at least see the players play with freedom under Maresca & watch him develop & grow some youngsters for the future. 

• Like 1

Not that I think this will happen, but hypothetically, if we ended the season on 8 points, after a 10 point deduction, does this still count as breaking Derby's  lowest points record, as technically we'd have gained 18 points?

57 minutes ago, davieG said:

Avoid relegation on minimal clever spending to build up a financial resource to move up the league season by season.

Exactly this. Survival in the next two seasons made surer by astute reinforcement of key positions. Money will be tight, but I foresee Maresca becoming a more capable manager, probably able to utilise the squad to face Premier challenges more competitively. I don't want to see us scrambling to avoid the drop - that just puts us in an exhausting position. So survival plus is the first priority.

The first few weeks are going to be critical in this.

I trust the planning has started already and encompasses every facet of the KP concern. All the hawks and vultures will be watching for City getting various sanctions from the powers that be. The squad needs to be insulated from that faff.

If we can keep most or all of the current squad then that's a good basis for '25-'26 - despite all the critics on here who would like to see certain players go.

If you’re in it, let’s try and win it! 

Seriously, impossible to answer until we have a) found out about any potential points deductions, b) found out who is leaving? And c) who is coming in.

With some rumours about Enzo’s future around, there’s not enough details to define an objective yet.

Honestly it's a bit pointless answering this until we know more about points deductions and the actual budget Glover and Co are going to have to work with. 

For all we know we might have to asset strip, we might lose our manager, we might lose our player of the season, we could end up worse than Derby and Sheffield United. In which case the objective is just to financially recover, do a Norwich and pocket the Prem money without spending and just ride it out. 

Or we could actually be over the worst of our problems, just eat the FFP punishment, try to do better next time, get back to the recruitment that had us the envy of most of the league and then I'd hope we'd be looking at a cosy 12th to 14th finish with no relegation drama in sight. 

Honestly, we aren't going to know more for three or four weeks yet. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Bit of a no brainer, we need to stay in the league and spend what we need to spend to ensure this happens.

We're all assuming that we'll have a PSR points deduction next season, but 24/25 will be the last season with PSR rules.

I'm not sure if the club is skint or if we've just not complied with PSR but the damage has been done already.

I don't see the point of trying to comply with PSR anymore if it's being replaced.

Top should definitely spend what it takes to ensure we have a team capable of 55+ points so any point deductions are irrelevant, because the championship would love to penalize us into oblivion if we're relegated again.

Edited by trooky

26 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I think we'll be fine if we maintain a positive atmosphere.

We're doomed if the fans/board/playing staff/coaching staff are against each other like we were between 2021 and 2023.

A good summer is vital. Bring in a few quality additions that can bolster our squad. Keep hold of the likes of KDH, Ricardo and Fatawu.

I think we could really do with finally signing a good striker though. Someone who can get us 10 goals.

Technically not even announced the permanent signing of Fatawu, so wouldn't worry about losing him yet :D